Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

FlyToronto is out

Having a look at VAS it never went above 3.3 GB. I have no AI traffic and this was during the day. The same conditions as mentioned in above post

3.3! Mine is below 1.3 with the NGX.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

the frames are awesome

Jeez.. something must have gone astray in my install then. I turned off all the animations in the configurator and went with the lite textures and my frames aren't so good. :huh:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yes very cool.  I am sitting in my office at the end of runway 23 and its -21C today.  Last thing I want to see is snow blowing anywhere.

Hey where do you work? I used to work at 452 Attwell Drive right underneath the landing path for runway 23 facing the approaching aircraft. Best office I ever worked in.

After working there you really get to know the flight schedules and knew what aircraft was coming next. 

Matthew Kane

Noticed also scenery is 30 dollars US - very fair price for this - have to pick this up tonight for sure - well done flytampa

Hi yah Mark - hope all is well

Rich Sennett

Yeah something must be up with your install. Not only good frames but very smooth not choppy at all. The only little hiccup in the frames was starting the engines and starting push back with GSX

I get great frames with the Lite textures and no 'extra eye candy' animations turned on. Its a really good rendition, especially all the surrounding areas.

Its a beast with 100% UT2 traffic though.  :Just Kidding:

One question: I turned off the static vehicles option in the config panel but I still see a lot of parked cars etc. Are they supposed to still be there?

I find it to be hard on the FPS even with the Lite version and no option ON, I have pretty low VAS though.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I am on Tomken road just south of Derry.  So I guess technically I am near the threshold of 05.

Yep that's on the other side.....one thing I always wondered is what ever happened to Mister Sauga?

I live in New Zealand now so I don't have to deal with that -21 anymore 

Cheers

Matthew Kane

I reinstalled everything, went Lite Texture and again turned off all the candy (except for the wind sock). Not impressed with the FPS. Not terrible, but not that great (high teens to low twenties when doing a low flyover of the terminal).

I have another odd problem - once out of the immediate airport area, the terrain in the vicinity of my aircraft shifts around in height as I approach it (sort of in concert with the autogen). I'm running a mesh, a land class, UTX Canada and FTX Global base. Turned off the mesh, landclass and UTX but it made no difference. Terrain 'wiggles' until I'm 30 or so miles from the airport, then it settles down. Turn off FlyTampaTO and all is fine. This is more annoying to me than the mediocre FPS I'm getting.

OTOH, it looks great!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Just bought this and it's KILLER!  :smile:

So pleased I skipped on Copenhagen after some of the early reviews and concerns on performance. Even with the 'lite' textures installed, this rendition is beautiful.  There's nothing 'lite' about the visuals at all.

I hope FlyTampa have learned a lesson and do not collaborate with other developers again.

This is a MUST BUY.

Too heavy vas and fps?

For many, including myself, yes. But, as mentioned above, it was actually made by an independent developer (Not Martin or George).

Let's leave Copenhagen though. I will be a little egoist and wait for others to buy CYYZ and read their performance reports before buying it. :P

I am on a flight outta CYYZ now.  Should have tried the night textures before going on such a long flight.

Any comments on performance at night?  Or VAS with night textures?