Sign in to follow this  
Peter22

Not too happy

I have learned 3 things from years of flight simming:

1. Patience

2. Diligently researching before purchasing anything.

3. The importance of #2.

I would highly recommend you to try FSX Steam Version:-

Flights I have done till now - 

KEWR-WSSS(Don't ask how) 18:50 mins 

(0 crashes Virtual Memory topped at 3GB then kept dropping)

OMDB-YSSY(about 14hrs) 

I have had zero crashes ( except some ai _ player crashes which I fixed later) And I'm pretty satisfied!

FYI:Not sponsored  :lol:

As far as Affinitymask, I would comment it out of the cfg (//) and see what it does. I would trust LM to know what is best for their software and that is: all cores/threads being utilized.

Lyn

Also folks, if you aren't already doing this, STOP loading ALL your scenery at once.  Use scenery configurator or other like minded program (even just Notepad)

A good payware is need for such a tool. Dang! I wish I still remembered how to code in C++ so I could build a tool. Yes I tried to the freeware ones out there..  IT was not user friendly 

I want to use folders and then move the folders around up and down... and also need to be able to have one scenery cfg file with all the sceneries at time of installing a new scenery.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

IMHO I think that TWEAKING is just the problem!! Why can´t you just use the sim "as-is", using the sliders in the sim for "tweaking" and just quit tweaking the cfg-file. It seems that 99% of all tweakers only mess up the sim and performance, because they don´t kow what they are doing. The "[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=114" has proven (read 100-reds of postings on the net) to just mess things up because people doesn´t seem to understand what it does.

I run my 2.5 "out of the box" and just test different settings for the sliders and it runs like a dream EVEN with PMDG 777.   But I guess some people never learn and every time they see a posted tweak on the net, they have to add it to their .cfg even if the don´t understand anything.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, nice shooting, Tex!    © 1984 Ghostbusters. :wink:

.....do you want to add any more wild generalisms, or is that enough for today? :smile:  I've got what I guess you could call a 'heavily tweaked' CFG and I never ever have OOMs or any problem because of pricisely the opposite of your mass assertions;   I do know what they do, how to balance them, and when to back off.   Affinity Mask, when used appropriately, can be a powerful and efficient mod.  As can Buffer Pools;  again when balanced with the card type and in- and out-of sim settings.

The total average FPS gain I see with my tweaks is around 10 FPS.   If I took your ultra-conservative advice, my frames would, on average, be below the usable level for TrackIR use, and I wouldn't bother persisting with the hobby. 

1. Patience

3. The importance of #2.

I like this.  A lot!  :smile:

I would highly recommend you to try FSX Steam Version:-

Flights I have done till now - 

KEWR-WSSS(Don't ask how) 18:50 mins 

(0 crashes Virtual Memory topped at 3GB then kept dropping)

OMDB-YSSY(about 14hrs) 

I have had zero crashes ( except some ai _ player crashes which I fixed later) And I'm pretty satisfied!

FYI:Not sponsored  :lol:

You've been very lucky then because there are quite a few people that have been getting the g3d.dll and terrain.dll crash doing long flights.

May I ask what you have your AffinityMask set to in your fsx.cfg file?  Also are you running in DX10?

Thanks!

P3D forum !!!!!!

I use these teaks in P3D

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=84

[Main]
HIDEINFOTEXT=1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01   <<< need to test when orbx is installed

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

KSFO is a known VAS leak, I think Rob said it's the only one he had to disable in P3D.

Hummmm I will give that a try soon I get home today...and NOT I am not going back to FSX...neither FSX ES ...no way...I am fighting this to the end....AffinityMask was not there ....it was loaded after I installed Fsdream airports...

So I should leaveAffinityMask=114 as default?...

Thanks

Pedro

I am in line with Jack and Lyn here, I would leave this out of the cfg

I have tried a lot of the tweaks as they are presented here in the forum, but after a while I always come to the conclusion that P3D runs best without tweaks.

On the fragile balance scale -performance/smoothness- in my humble opinion no tweaks is the best balance. The Lockheed Martin devs did an amazing job in optimizing this thing. I am still on 2.4 but I guess it is the same (or better) for 2.5

greetz,

"KSFO is a known VAS leak,"

Default or a payware?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1. Patience

3. The importance of #2.

Yes,  pretty much sums it up.  I have had plenty of down time and annoyance,  but will always love my flying/planes

You've been very lucky then because there are quite a few people that have been getting the g3d.dll and terrain.dll crash doing long flights.

May I ask what you have your AffinityMask set to in your fsx.cfg file?  Also are you running in DX10?

Thanks!

No DX10 no tweaks in CFG except enablewidescreen=Enable

I used to get the terrain.dll crash so after reinstalling no crashes so far!

.AffinityMask was not there ....it was loaded after I installed Fsdream airports...

So I should leaveAffinityMask=114 as default?...

FSTD does not put that in the p3d.cfg unless you tell it too. You must have pressed "Send to P3D etc. in addon manager. If you are not using HT, it would be 14...not 114. Hope that helps

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I learned that owning multiple sim platforms will only allow you to judge which one satisfies your needs and suits best your rig. 

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

.In this sim business waiting is not a good choice...I  have all Orbx USA packages airports....etc...I am not even considering to install even if they release the update since I got the feeling will impact the memory (I am using W7 64B)....Ohhhh man here we go again...tweaking .....changing...posting .....posting ..spending time searching in forum instead of flying....this is the never end history......I have a pretty decent system...nothing running in windows only P3D...
Waiting for active sky next update..(running in a separate computer)
waiting for Orbx patch...
Ivao doesnt see the install path ( need it to use their MTL) I flight in vatsim with Vpilot

ahhhhhhhhh ....wait ...wait ....

I am taking a break from this ..is just too much......

I have absolutely no sympathy for you Pedro.  You caused the predicament and consequent frustration yourself by installing 2.5 before all program updates have been released. :mad: 

If you had cared to investigate this forum you would have happened upon many warnings/cautions as to what was likely following the release of a new version of P3D.