Sign in to follow this  
tors

FlyTampa, Toronto

Sad to see them move on with CYYZ, but not a surprise and understandable.  They're a great bunch and their older airports continue to brighten my FS9 experience considerably.  I still hold out hope that they will release a "lite" version of YSSY for FS9 at some point, but that seems like a stretch.

John G.

It's too bad really. I was hoping they would do a CYYZ to compliment their CYUL. It sure looks stunning for FSX but I'll never upgrade my cpu for the sake of a game.....errr.....simulation. The freeware long-in-the-tooth  CYYZ will still do just fine for me.

Oh well, the FSX users can enjoy their OOMs after a 12 hr flight in the PMDG 777 lol

not everyone gets OOMs  :Rolling Eyes:

VAS OOM Effeh Sex... this is not a discussion that belongs here, really.

There will be other FS9 sceneries I assure you.

Sorry to hear about it guys, regarding Flytampa no longer supporting FS9 but unfortunately its the way more and more developers are going now as its just too hard to port back...

After many years of FS9 usage and support (with my VOZ stuff) I've actually moved on myself and have just recently upgraded to FSX (my freeware version of YSSY did the job but I kind of knew I would have to upgrade in order to get a flytampa quality YSSY)...

I hope not all developers decide on leaving the fs9 platform but at least you guys still have plenty of content..:)

For the record this is my new rig which I got last month:

i7 4790k 4.0ghz overclocked 4.7ghz (and bloody stable)
Maximus VII Hero Z97 LGA 1150 motherboard
EVGA Geforce GTX980 ACX 2.0 Superclocked 4GB
G.SKILL TridentX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz
850W 80 plus gold PSU
S850 evo 500GB SSD, S840 EVO 120GB SSD + 2TB STD HD

Noctua NH-D15 Multi-Socket PWM CPU Cooler

All packed into a Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower Gaming Case..

I know its not (anything close to) Flytampa but you still have a decent freeware CYYZ version that is AES compatible, so not all doom and gloom..

Flukey

Whats OOM. FSX and DX10 with steves fixer. No more

I never made the ump to the dx10 with the fix. Is it worthwhile? Does it help with vas issues at all?

I never made the ump to the dx10 with the fix. Is it worthwhile? Does it help with vas issues at all?

OOM are almost a thing of the past. I run ORBX Global, Vector EU LC and PMDG with ASN and REX textures and do great. Slow downs but not OOM. This is on a old 2500K at 4.6 and a NVidia 770GTX.

:P Timothy Murphy

OOM are almost a thing of the past.

Maybe not.  Apparently Toronto is very heavy on VAS and frames.  The advice in the forums is to turn everything in the configurator off just for starters.  A lot of dismayed/perplexed owners out there.  Perhaps just as well Toronto was not released for FS9.   :huh:

Apparently Toronto is very heavy on VAS and frames.  The advice in the forums is to turn everything in the configurator off just for starters.  A lot of dismayed/perplexed owners out there.  Perhaps just as well Toronto was not released for FS9.   :huh:

It's not, really.

It's lighter on performance than CYUL or KBOS.  In fact the only FlyTampa airports I see better performance from thant CYYZ, is OMDB and LOWW.