Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Andersen

Well done LM! P3d2.5 is awesome!

I am really enjoying version 2.5 - P3D is coming along very nicely and I am so pleased to be part of this journey.

Colors have become more vivid, and compared to the bland coloring in the initial versions, this is a totally new world. The lighting at dawn and sunset is much improved. And now daylight feels like daylikt, unlike the gloomy winther daylight of v2.4.

And even with quite high settings my dear PMDG 777, performance is quite smooth.

Now I am just waiting for ORBX compatibility.
And at some point I Really wished LM would enhance the precipitation effects - the snow and rain looks quite horrible!

However, I dont wanna end on a negative note - prepar3d v2.5 is amazing! Well done LM!

Enclosed a few screens, all v2.5 vanilla except the one with ORBX Norway which is from v2.4

2015-2-12_21-50-3-657.jpg
2014-12-19_17-29-3-747.jpg
2015-2-12_20-32-58-824.jpg
2015-2-12_20-47-54-642.jpg
2015-2-12_21-53-33-505.jpg
2015-2-12_21-56-16-210.jpg
2015-2-12_21-58-58-68.jpg

Nice shots!

Weren't you in the Matrix, Thomas Anderson?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Great shots Thomas. BTW, you can get improved rain/snow effects in P3D through PrecipitFX.

Just tried v 2.5, for the first time, after v2.4, very pleased, even on my modest rig, just awaiting Orbx and ASN now!

Cheers,

Mal...

Yes Phillip, the 777 behaves very well in P3D. Generally between 20-30 FPS with high settings (so a big penalty compared to less demanding aircraft, but still super flyable). If I turn the settings down a few notches I can maintain 30 fps. And I have never had a OOM or crash, something thats a big problem for me with FSX Steam.

The shadows are a nice bonus too

Awesome shots dude. :)

Does the 777 work good in 2.5 for you? 

Very nice pics Thomas,  thanks for sharing 

Yes PrecipitFX is the answer and for $13.00 USD you can't want for more

Is that the same thing as Immersion,  Rain and smoke effects?   Never used it, must try it 

Yes Phillip, the 777 behaves very well in P3D. Generally between 20-30 FPS with high settings (so a big penalty compared to less demanding aircraft, but still super flyable). If I turn the settings down a few notches I can maintain 30 fps. And I have never had a OOM or crash, something thats a big problem for me with FSX Steam.

The shadows are a nice bonus too

Ok, also after a long flight (8 hours or more), still no OOM / problem?

Philipp Schwaegerl

Dont have the time or patience for 8 hours flights..prefer to keep the flights short and sweet even with the 777. But no OOM within 2 hours at least. That was definately not posible with FSX on high to max settings

Agreed!  2.5 has been the best update to date.  Crisp clear graphics, smooth performance and great HDR with Rob's tweaks!  Awesome!

Simon

Just did 7.5 hour flight, CYYZ-EDDM, with the PMDG777 in 2.5, no addons besides the 777. And no OOM.

Nice shots!

Weren't you in the Matrix, Thomas Anderson?

I'm going to enjoy watching you... crash, Mr. Anderson.