Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Aerosoft Twin Otter X + P3D v2.5

Anybody done an install of the Aerosoft Twin Otter X in the new P3D v2.5?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Greg,

Could you tell me the install order you used?

Like did you redownload the product from Aerosoft ?

Did you have to install patches  ?

Note: I would like not to make a mess of it ... and just do it correctly.

Best Regards,

Nothing special about the install order.  I think I bought the aircraft back in Oct/Nov and I used the same install file that I downloaded back then.

There's a hotfix out there, but I have not applied it yet.

Edit to add:  Well, I owe you an apology.  It's the "Extended" version I installed.....not the "X" version.  Sorry for the confusion.

Just installed it without any issues in P3D v2.5 but it still has the same 'FSX stickiness'.

I'm uninstalling it and ditching it. What a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

Just installed it without any issues in P3D v2.5 but it still has the same 'FSX stickiness'.

I'm uninstalling it and ditching it. What a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

What do you mean stickiness? I haven't flown it much but i'm curious now..

Greg,

Got it  .. thanks.

The last Hot fix is called Hotfix1-3 Complete ..here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/84921-hotfix1-3-complete-for-p3dv2x/

Goes in easy.

What happened with your install ...

No problems here ....in FSX or P3D 2.4 / P3D 2.5 (limited testing in 2.5).

Best Regards,

Stickiness? It has always been known that in FSX, aircraft tend to have friction issues when trying to taxi.

Only, as far as the Twotter Extended is concerned, in FSX-MS when merely trying to taxi, this aircraft needed a lot of 'wellie', i.e. throttle. The same happened in FSX-SE(there was a long thread about it).

I thought it'd disappear in Prepar3D. A few minutes after installing it in v2.5 and discovering it still needed that 'wellie' which a real-world Otter pilot(in that thread aforementioned)confirmed was not right, I uninstalled it. Seems the previous version of the Otter(not the Extended) had better friction characteristics.

Seems minor and occurs with lots of addons, not just Twotter.

Taxi being only < 5% of aircraft use, I don't think it's worth uninstalling it for that..

unrelated question - what's in your profile picture? At first I thought it was a spaceship then I zoom in it's an aircraft but I can't tell which one?

Dan

It's much more prevalent with the Twotter. Like I stated, even a Twotter pilot agreed it was far more 'stickier' than other aircraft.

Profile picture----I know, not a brilliant one is a Royal Air Force VC-10 transport at its base in Akrotiri,Cyprus----could not locate a better VC-10 picture, or was too idle to search for one that was not copyrighted.

There is a friction lua that you can run inside FSUIPC. Its in the download. Works great for FSX, Haven't tried it in P3d.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

There is a friction lua that you can run inside FSUIPC. Its in the download. Works great for FSX, Haven't tried it in P3d.

I have the registered latest version of FSUPIC, so please, pray tell more how I can obtain this friction lua. I'm a bit dim when it comes to tweaking FSUIPC, even though I have vaguely heard of LUA, still less idea what it does.