Sign in to follow this  
piacaptainmahad

FSX disappears without error!

FSX disappears without giving any errors, mostly it happens when i switch it to window mode from full screen and vice versa. 
I've monitored VAS using process explorer VAS doesn't exceeds 2.8GB, and there is no crash report logs in Appcrash viewer neither in Event viewer.
I've tried re-installing fsx still have the same issue, sometime i get CTD fault module name were DINPUT8.dll and in other CTD fault module was StackHash_addc. but now there is no CTD, fsx just disappears randomly without any error.
tried all latest drivers and UIAutomationcore.dll stillno joy!
Specs:
i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz stock speed, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750

Went to try ur suggestion and now when i run fsx it just disappears after running for about 5 secs, appcrash view isn't reporting any crash report, but event viewer has this message now :
''The Desktop Window Manager was unable to start because composition was disabled by a running application''
''A request to disable the Desktop Window Manager was made by process (Flight Simulator X v10.0.61637.0)''
I've no clue what's going on.

FSX disappears without giving any errors, mostly it happens when i switch it to window mode from full screen and vice versa.

If there is no AppCrashView or Event Viewer log, then you did not have a crash or anomaly. You most likely ended your session by shutting down FSX. There is a known problem (bug) with switching between Windows. Are you using Alt+Enter to go from full screen to windowed mode? Do not use Alt+Tab or any other means to switch views.

Sometimes too, because of Windows memory issues, it takes a long time for the screen to show up. This indicates you are having memory problems most likely caused by the BufferPool tweak.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Well, in the AVSIM CTD Guide, under probable/known causes of crashes, there's an entry for the kernel32.dll, page 13. The list of probable/known causes was created based on research across the Internet for solutions to certain types of crashes. In other words, AVSIM did the research, you just need to apply the research to your issue.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10