Sign in to follow this  
RKOines

P3D numbers out of focus

Everything seems to be working after loading the 777 base software except all of the info on all of the displays is out of focus and the smaller numbers are completely unreadable.  I have set up the sim with all  of the recommended settings including those from LM.  I have not be able to find an adjustable parameter that changes the focus problem.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Has anyone fixed this problem?

Ron Oines

Hi Ron,

I had this problem when I didn't set the VC texture quality to high in FSX.

Cheers,

Peter (from Calgary hub :) )

Check WIDE TRUE in DISPLAY as well as uncheck MIPMAP panels

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Turn off FXAA too - that's essentially a shader blur that gets applied to the whole screen.

How come the introduction manual for the P3D 777 didn't contain a thorough section on PMDG recommended settings like the FSX intro manuals for the NGX and 777?

How come the introduction manual for the P3D 777 didn't contain a thorough section on PMDG recommended settings like the FSX intro manuals for the NGX and 777?

It does, start on page 25.  I think they didn't include display settings on purpose or perhaps different video cards and systems perform best with different settings.

Dan Downs KCRP

It does, start on page 25.  I think they didn't include display settings on purpose or perhaps different video cards and systems perform best with different settings.

I read it already. That's why I'm asking. Usually it's more detailed.

There's very little tweaking required.  FXAA could have been mentioned in hindsight, but there's not much else  to tinker with.... not even NI.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for the responses guys.  I did turn off FXAA which provided some improvement.  I believe FSX is still more focused that P3D but P3D is usable.

Ron Oines

Thank you for the responses guys.  I did turn off FXAA which provided some improvement.  I believe FSX is still more focused that P3D but P3D is usable.

Ron Oines

I was having the same problem. I turned off FXAA and Mipmaps. I also disabled VSYNC and set the frame limiter to unlimited. Everything looks better now (not just the LCDs). I agree that FSX still seems more focused, but at least this helped.

I think P3D is equivalent.... as long as I turn down the lighting.  My master lighting setting is 40% instead of the 60 or 65% that PMDG set it to. Much better.

Dan Downs KCRP