Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

EGTF Fairoaks for P3Dv2

I can't seem to find a P3Dv2 compatible version of EGTF Fairoaks. Can someone point me to where I can download this? I would have posted this on the ORBx forums, but they are messing me about at the moment. Damn internet :angry2:

FSS0254949

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I believe that Fairoaks is the last remaining UK Orbx airport awaiting a new installer for P3Dv2. All the others have been done.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

This is what puzzles me. The others were done ages ago. Why is it taking so long for them to sort out Fairoaks? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't know how Orbx prioritize their airports for updating with triple installers. Maybe they do the best-sellers first, as that will please more people more quickly - or maybe it has to wait until the original developer has the time to do the job. Given their range of add-on airports, the work involved, and the fact that it is being done for free, I can understand why it takes longer than we would like. I waited 12 months for Cairns and Broome to become compatible with P3DV2 - I bought them both in the 2013 Christmas sale and haven't been able to install them up till now.

Coupled with this is the necessity for new products to keep the business going ( which takes up more of the developer's time ) and quite possibly a new layer of compatibility issues recently introduced by P3DV2.5. You are waiting for Fairoaks...I am now waiting for Alice Springs. I daresay many Orbx users are waiting for a particular airport or two. Orbx has said they will all be updated, and I have no reason to doubt them. We just have to be patient.

Fairoaks is apparently in the process of being updated with the triple installers (together with Harvey and Monroe), so hopefully we will see it very soon :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Fairoaks is apparently in the process of being updated with the triple installers (together with Harvey and Monroe), so hopefully we will see it very soon :smile:

Good stuff ! :)