Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

NEW - LINDA 2.6.0 Beta 11 Release - Saitek Panels & Dynamic Devices

Hi Roland

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I am unable to help with your need to keep the Game Controller panel open for the modes to work. However, if other users can confirm this I will put a note in the documentation.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Don' worry about this, Andrew.

I will test this with some friends in our flightsimulator club.

I am very happy with LINDA 2.6 now :-)

Ahh, just one thing. Is it possible to get the message back when saving 2D-Panel positions via STRG+ALT+Shift+F1

There was a green ribbon with the text, running from right to left.

Also for STRG+ALT+Shift+F2 and STRG+ALT+Shift+F3

And thanks Andrew for doing a fantastic job here.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

You are very welcome. Oder nichts zu danken.

Are these the Hot Keys?  What key is STRG in english? Is it CTRL?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yes it is

Version 1.1b // 30 august 2011
VRi MCP Combo II support
2D panels positions save/restore
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F1 to save positions
Positions restore is automatical
FSX title hide in windowed mode
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F2 to toggle title
2D panels titles hide
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F3 to toggle titles

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Morning Roland

I know what you are referring to - the code still exists but I need to work out how to reactivate it.

As I only use Virtual Cockpit (VC) and spot, can you tell how these hotkeys would be used so that I can test them.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi thanks for your response. I would really like if someone who is using the 777 and saitek panel can confirm if it works and/or how should I install it in fsx. Sorry iam really new to this.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Hi

The beta needs a very long time to start, after doubleklick the window stays with "no response" in the title for ~90 seconds...

After that it finishes and runs fine.

Tested with 2 different machines,  v2.5.7 starts immediately.

Any ideas ?

2qtwoid.png

Morning Roland

As I only use Virtual Cockpit (VC) and spot, can you tell how these hotkeys would be used so that I can test them.

Morning Andrew,

so I do too.

Just simultaneously push CRTL + SHIFT + ALT + F2 and your main screen looks like full screen mode but with windows feature.

Or detach a 2D-Subpanel like MCDU (if you fly a bus), move it to another screen and press CRTL + SHIFT + ALT + F1 and LINDA saves the position and size. Next time you detach this window, and it moves directly to its saved position. This is aircraft specific. Positions are saved in linda-cfg\system\ linda-gui.ini.

This is great for user who setup several panel and views to different screens. It works with every panel or view you show in separate window.

With the 3rd CRTL + SHIFT + ALT + F3 you hide the window frame of the detached panel or views

BTW, I tested the Saitek-Mode-Switch on a different system and it behaves in the same way.

Maybe Pete Dowson ha any idea, i'll ask him.

The beta needs a very long time to start, after doubleklick the window stays with "no response" in the title for ~90 seconds...

I can confirm that for windows 8.1. Same install under Win 7 has no problems. LINDA 2.6.0 starts up in 2 seconds

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Found a workaround to program the Saitek Pro flight yoke button 9 10 and 11 (Mode switch)

Go to ..Windows/System32 and search for SaiD0BAC.pr0 and rename it to SaiD0BAC.pr0.off

Now the mode switch can be use as shift-buttons.

Found this solution in Pete Dowsons forum, related to Saeitek X52 mode switch, but different filename SaiD075C.pr0 

Full thread here. 

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/67099-interesting-discovery-vis-a-vis-saitek-mode-switch/?hl=%2Bmode+%2Bswitch+%2Bx52

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Just as an FYI, with this beta installed I get an instant CTD with ntdll.dll as the offending module. I removed LINDA beta and all was good again. Any suggestions?

Hi Roland and all

Beta 8 uploaded to fix issues raised and add HotKeys functions.

The beta needs a very long time to start, after double click the window stays with "no response" in the title for ~90 seconds...
After that it finishes and runs fine.

This has been reported by other users and I have seen it once.  You should find that after the first run and set up, LINDA 2.6.0 Beta should run normally. What version of Windows are you using?

Just as an FYI, with this beta installed I get an instant CTD with ntdll.dll as the offending module. I removed LINDA beta and all was good again. Any suggestions?

Hi Glenn

Thank you for your report. Which version of Windows are you using?  Is it fully up-to-date. Do you get any error messages or logs? 

Searching Google there is a suggestion you should check and update your device drivers.  Try the latest Beta 8 (this thread post #1).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Glenn

Thank you for your report. Which version of Windows are you using? Is it fully up-to-date. Do you get any error messages or logs?

Searching Google there is a suggestion you should check and update your device drivers. Try the latest Beta 8 (this thread post #1).

Hi, Its Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. Fully updated

ntdll.dll ususally refers to GPU drivers but it seems funny that LINDA would trigger this?

I will update the GPU drivers and try beta 8 and let you know how it goes.

This has been reported by other users and I have seen it once.  You should find that after the first run and set up, LINDA 2.6.0 Beta should run normally. What version of Windows are you using?

No change after setting up and a few restarts.

I am using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate German, also tested in Windows 10 x64 Preview with the same result.

Very strange :-)

Hi Markus

Can you try a few combinations for me?

Set LINDA to start with FSX and time how long it takes starts.

Load MCP/Joystick configuration for Default aircraft (ie. C172), change a button assignment and save before restart FSX and LINDA.

Once started you say that LINDA functions well?  Can you PM me copies of the Console output after Restart LUA Engine?  Also a copy of linda2.log.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK