Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

FedEx goodness with my new rig...

Managed to get some screens from my new Rig, after finally getting it dialed in.  With FSX:SE, a new rig running at 4.7ghz, it's a whole new sim!

FedEx Flight 25 from KMEM > KSEA >PANC

y0slwG.jpg

GX0aTk.jpg

dBGJjL.jpg

VgxdT1.jpg

YssMiq.jpg

ABkgjw.jpg

T25VTJ.jpg

vHsYwX.jpg

0IA9zK.jpg

pPXgOX.jpg

DnLhlz.jpg

ewKczY.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looks very crispy those images Steve ;) All the best with new rig!  B)

Thanks!   Having a blast with the new rig...I can't complain of how many years of great service my old laptop gave me with flightsim, but this is a whole new level of detail and smoothness, with sliders turned way further than I ever could with my old system.

I plan on flying a lot more with this rig. :p0504:  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Very nice shots. What's the new rig?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Very nice shots. What's the new rig?

Thansk Vu,

We're not supposed to put our specs in posts (I think, or was it in our sigs?)

Either way, I updated my profile to include the new specs, just click my avatar to see when I'm running with now.  :wink:

Great set of shots!

Thanks William!  Its fun to take pics of a plane you love to fly (and painted to boot  :BigGrin:

Amazing shots!

Thanks Gabriel!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

***Excellent***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Either way, I updated my profile to include the new specs, just click my avatar to see when I'm running with now.

Ah yes, very nice new system indeed.  I was looking at your profile but you had your old system then.  Sweet. Your flights inspired me, I will try doing the same using the 777 as well in FSX-SE. Also what add-ons do you use in FSX-SE for those shots?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Ah yes, very nice new system indeed.  I was looking at your profile but you had your old system then.  Sweet. Your flights inspired me, I will try doing the same using the 777 as well in FSX-SE. Also what add-ons do you use in FSX-SE for those shots?

Thanks Vu.  I got it at a great price, and initially I wasn't in a great hurry to get my new system because my old one was "adequate".  This system, will be way more than "adequate" for the next several years, so good investment.  

My addons are:

• FSX:SE
  • PMDG 777F (FedEx repaint by me.  Click the link in my sig to get it)
  • Rex 4 & Soft Clouds
  • FSDT GSX
  • No addon airports at any departure/arrival (Looking for a good KMEM since I like to fly cargo a lot)  

Not much in the way of addons for this flight, but strategic use of camera angles adds to the pics. :wink:

I don't have EZDOC (may get it in the future), however, adding XyzAdjust = True (if its not there) and most importantly, adding Xyzrate = 8 to each camera line in your aircraft.cfg file will allow you to use the standard key mappings to quickly slew your camera anywhere around the plane.  

Been using it a long time....here is a great link that will tell you everything you every need to know about setting up cameras in FSX:

http://www.fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/understanding-fsx-cameras.html

You'll note that it explains that there is a camera.cfg file that controls the cameras in any plane, but I prefer to set it up for each plane in their corresponding camera sections within the aircraft.cfg.

As with any mod, make a backup of your original aircraft.cfg before tinkering.  :smile:

One more tip...you'll notice on some cameras that come with some aircraft (The Aerosoft Airbus for example), some of the angles look too "Fisheye lens".  That's because the zoom factor is set to some sub 1 setting. (like .35).  You'll read in the link that you can adjust this too. Its called InitialZoom.  Of course AllowZoom has to be in the assoicated camerea section as well, hehe.  For some reason, not ALL cameras are set to allow zoom, you'll see when you examine the camera sections.

Once the initial zoom is set to 0, if your camera is too close (the initial position is also settable, but I don't bother with it), you just use your camera slew keys to move it where you want..then you get nice proportional-looking views of your pretty plane. :Batting Eyelashes:  Hehe

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a camera config lesson, I'm just being proactive if someone asks how I get some of the angles you see in my shots.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a camera config lesson, I'm just being proactive if someone asks how I get some of the angles you see in my shots.

Not at all Steve, I am glad you explained it.  I learned something new today.  Thanks

Vu Pham

Very nice...wish I had a little more money for a few more GHz's!  :lol:

Darryl

Very nice...wish I had a little more money for a few more GHz's

Thanks Darryl.

We've been doing this a long time together on these forums, and I've always been one of the one's (because of family commitments...putting 2 kids through college) that always had to make due with a sub-standard system because flightsim was not a "real" priority.

Now that I can actually spend some of my money on myself (weird concept as a parent), I decided it was time while I was still able to enjoy it, hehe.

In fact I got a steal on my system, so much so that it was hard not to justify buying it.  :ph34r:

Flightsim has never looked so good....hard to imagine what you're missing.  Screenshots really don't serve to demonstrate the experience, especially looking out of the cockpit window in a turn when you're low over some mountains.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Super shots Steve - well done

Thanks Rich....now that the PMDG 777 is out for P3d, will you be (or already) flying it?

If so, I know there are many who'd like your CS repaints ported to her.  :wink:

Speaking of P3d, I am sooooooo close to jumping into that lake to see if the water is better, hehe.  I know I'll need some help getting it all sorted out...may hit you up for that (as well as digging in the P3d forums).

LoL....its actually great we have so many choices...just a few years ago the outlook for flightsimming was so bleak....great time to be a simmer!

Not at all Steve, I am glad you explained it.  I learned something new today.  Thanks

I like learning something new at least every day in flightsim...just pick a subject and go get familiar with it...there are soooo many in this hobby.  

Here are the next few things I want to become familiar with (enough to go play on my own with it)

• P3d - everything...since I don't have it yet.
  • AI - all aspects.  Already know how to paint my own AI, hehe.  Want to work with schedules, proper parking locations, etc.
  • Weather - Once ASN gets updated for SE, want to explore making custom weather, understanding how to set it up properly.
  • Flightplanning - Getting more in depth in both Boeing and Airbus FMC programming.  Maybe do a polar/north pole crossing
  • Flying in Europe - I do it a little already, but want to get very good at it ...as its just another variation of flying that is completely different from flying in the US.  Same goes with all regions of the world.
  • Too many other things to list...but look forward to each opportunity I have to add one more thing I know about under my belt. Hehe.
  •  

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg