Sign in to follow this  
LionAir

Buttons setup FCU Combo and Aerosoft Airbus ?

Hello there,

I am thinking about purchasing a VRInsight FCU Combo panel for using with the Aerosoft Airbuses. (318/319/320/321)

Now I am asking how do you have assign (layout) all the buttons on the panel to work at best with the Airbuses.

Maybe you can post a picture of your layout (s)?

Would be great for me to know in advance

Many thanks in advance.

(BTW - using the FCU Combo + Linda together with Prepar3D will not give any problems??)

Have a nice weekend

Hi LionAir

The VRInsight Airbus FCU Combo panel is an excellent partner for the latest Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 on both FSX and Prepar3D using LINDA. Combined with the CH Flightstick Pro and Saitek Throttle Quadrant it makes the perfect setup for flying the Airbus.

Investigation of the 2 reported problems with LINDA and the FCU panel has shown at least one is down to an issues with Windows and the USB/serial drivers. It is not a problem with LINDA.  Any reported problems will be investigated to help users connect or to develop a fix for LINDA.

My setup for LINDA with the FCU and Airbus is fairly standard and is included in the Aerosoft Airbus 4.4 aircraft module default.

For the EFIS sub-panel, all the buttons and knobs are mapped one-to-one to the simulation in Mode 1. Mode 2 I have set up for the new Weather Radar and Mode 3 is used for the ECAM and various door and checklist actions.

The MCP sub-panel is again mapped to the simulation in Mode 1 allowing direct interaction with the autopilot functions. Mode 2 is set up for controlling the display brightness and interfacing with FS2Crew and VATSIM. Mode 3 is not used.

The User sub-panel is configured in 3 modes: lighting, transponder and ground (including engine start).

The configuration I use and included as default is here.

I hope this helps with your decision making.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Goodday Scotflieger,

Thanks for your reply.

I am going to search the web to see if I can found a video where I can see how it's work. (I have seen yours already on Youtube but that's more for setup)

I read that you have also the Saitek Throttle Quadrant. I have one too and I am struggling since two months (as long I own the Buses) to get it work.

I have searched the web and I have seen many solutions to get this work but with me, no succes.

I have tried to follow the setup guide from Aerosoft but with no luck untill now.

Maybe you can give your setup then I give it another try.

(Maybe by PM because this not the right forum I assume)

(Untill now I use the Logitech Attack 3 for thrust but I would like to use my Saitek)

Many thanks in advance if you have tips.......

My config:

Prepar3D v 2.4

FTX, Global, Vectors, LC-Europe

AS - Airbus 318/319/320/321

OPUS weather

Pro ATC X

FSCommander

GSX

and several Airports add-on's

Hi LionAir

The only video I have of the Airbus FCU setup was an early one.

The Saitek Throttle has served me well. I have the axes set up in FSUIPC4 for throttle, spoiler (reversed) and flaps. 

The buttons I have programmed in LINDA for FSX: Gear Up/Down, FSX: Parking Brakes, FSX: Pause Toggle.  Buttons 5 & 6 are unallocated - not necessary with FCU in use.

The throttle lever switch is set up in FSUIPC4 for FSX:Throttle Decr for OnPress and OnRepeat. and FSX: Throttle Cut for OnRelease. The Spoiler lever switch is set for Airbus functions Spoilers ARM (OnPress) and Spoilers DISARM (On Release)

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Scottflieger,

Thanks, but the setup for the throttle lever / spoiler I do not understand.

Can you Repeat this step by step?

The reverse trust I have done through FSUIPC but the throttle are not work out for me.

Thanks

Hi Scotflieger,

I have tried something as your described, but for sure I do not know what you mean conc installing/setup the Saitek Throttle Quadrant through FSUIPC

Plse explain me (step by step) what you have done to make these work with the AS Airbus(es)

Many many thanks for your help....

Hi LionAir

I was going to say "read the manual" for FSUIPC4 but that would be unfair.

To set up your Saitek Throttle Quadrant (and your joystick) you need to:

1. Go to the FSX options/settings and remove all axis definitions. These are better implemented in FSUIPC4. Also remove all joystick button assignments as these are better done in LINDA. The only item to leave in FSX (because it is easier) is View(Pan) for your joystick HAT or Point of View (POV) thumb knob.
  2. Go to to FSX Addons and open FSUIPC and select Axis Assignment.
  3. For each lever (or axis) on your Throttle (and similarly on your joystick), move the lever to identify the one you wish to program.
  4. In the Type of Action Required box, tick the Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration radio button.
  5. In the dropdown list, select the required Axis (ie. Throttle).
  6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each lever on the Throttle Quadrant and your Joystick. For example, on the Throttle Quadrant left lever Throttle, middle lever Spoiler, right lever Flaps and the Joystick fore/aft Elevator and left/right Aileron.
  7. Then for the Spoiler level, you need to reverse its effect to be able to use the detent switch to ARM the spoilers. This is the opposite sense to the Airbus cockpit. To do this select the Joystick Calibration tab. Use the left /right bar immediately below the tabs to move right to 6 of 11 (Trim, spoilers and flaps) and tick the REV checkbox in the Flaps section.
  8. When complete click on the OK button to close FSUIPC and save settings.
  9. Now onto the LINDA Joystick page and select Saitek Throttle.
  10. Press each button on your Throttle Quadrant to identify its button number.
  11. Then click on the OnPress column for the required button, and assign a function from the required library. For the Airbus, you can simply use the FSX Controls.  I have them set as follows:
  12. Button 1 and 2 = FSX: Gear Up and Down
  13. Button 3 = FSX: Parking Brake
  14. Button 7 (left lever fully back) = FSX: Throttle Decr (OnPress), FSX: Throttle Decr (OnRepeat) and FSX: Throttle Cut (OnRelease).  This implements the Reverse Thrusts.
  15. Button 8 = Airbus Spoiler ARM (OnPress) and Airbus Spoiler DISARM (OnRelease). This implements the Spoiler arming/disarming with middle lever in fully back.
  16. Button 4, 6 and 7 can be assigned to whatever you find useful. Button 9 (Flaps lever fully back) has no sensible use.

That is as detailed and step-by-step as I can make it. Like all these things a little experimentation and trial and error. It also does help to read the manuals.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks, 

Do you not have to calibrate (on page 3 of 11) on the calibration tab the thrust lever(s) in FSUIPC after Axis Assigments??

And by assigning the axis, ( throttle, spoiler, flaps) do I need by every lever another tab, ( 1, 2, 3) or do I get always the first (1, 1, 1)

I have used FSUIPC for years by my Boeing Ifly 737 in FS2004 without any problems, but by this Airbus I can not get it work.

Maybe is Prepar3D the "dark horse".

But many thanks, I will try this tonight und report back.

Do you have the latest fully licenced (paid) version 4.939? It does work, there is no difference than with any other aircraft. I sorry but I just do not understand your question. You move the lever and then assign an axis. Then repeat. Simples!! 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yes, I have the fully licensed version.

What I mean is, do you not have to calibrate the throttle (joystick calibration tab - on page 3 of 11 in FSUIPC) the axis after assigning these.

I asked this because I had to this with my Ifly 737 in my formal Simulator

Sorry for misunderstanding, but english is not my native language..

I didn't calibrate my throttle after assigning in fsuipc since it worked well once assigned.

It's only if you have problems

Hi there,

I have installed Linda in my P3d modules folder.

So far so good, and have tried to install/configure some buttons, but it does not work:

Logitech Joystick Attack 3:

Button 3: Autopilot APPR on (Aerosoft Airbus)

Button 8+9: Autopilot AP1 on, Autopilot AP1 off, (Aerosoft Airbus)

Saitek Pro flight Quadrant:

Button 1/4: Engine1 Master on/off, Engine2 Master on/off, (Aerosoft Airbus)

Button 5: Ignition Start (Aerosoft Airbus),

Button 6: Parking Brakes (FSX)

I ask you do you know what is going wrong?

(BTW - Throttles configured by FSUIPC is working very well in the meantime, thanks for that)

Hi LionAir

"It does not work" is a very useful in trying to help get you working.

Is the FSXsync and Aircraft highlighted in Orange? Do the button highlight on the Joystick page when pressed?

Try restarting P3D and LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I did not know that the FSXsync and Aircraft must highligthed in orange, sorry for that.

Has LINDA always has te be running?

For LINDA to communicate and sync with the loaded aircraft FSX Sync (or Flt Sim Sync) must be enabled. Whenever you think Prepar3D, always translate that to FSX with LINDA.

And yes, LINDA must be running either minimized or in background for it to function.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK