Sign in to follow this  
Aviators

Doors

I tried with the default keys to open the doors, but do not work. Use Windows 8.1 and Prepar3d 2.4, last version q400.

The q400 open only 1 doors, with Shift + E.  why? 

how can I open other doors ?

I have the same problem in fsx acceleration gold edition with windows 7 64 bit.

some people have re assigned the keyboard shortcut to just E for opening the main exit and that resolved the issue for them when pressing shift E 1 2 or 3 is now E 1 2 or 3.

Didn't fix mine though.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

SHIFT + E - opens the front passenger door
SHIFT + E2 - opens the baggage door
SHIFT + E3 - opens the rear passenger door
SHIFT + E4 - opens the service door

Please note after initially pressing SHIFT + E, wait about two seconds and press 2, 3, or 4 for the respective doors to open.  To close/open just the front passenger door press SHIFT + E

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

It's one of the trickiest key combinations to use properly. Half the time that I do it,  I wait either too long or not long enough after the "E" and the wrong door operates.

Agreed...not one of FSX's finer implementations, but we choose to make the aircraft compatible with most of FSX's basic functions.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

The is an "Exits gauge" popup available for the Q400 here in the avsim library. It's very easy to install, blends in well with the Q400 vc, and it works perfectly. It may be just the ticket you all are looking for.

Search for Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 - Exits Control Gauge by Jim Hodkinson.

regards, Jazz

The is an "Exits gauge" popup available for the Q400 here in the avsim library. It's very easy to install, blends in well with the Q400 vc, and it works perfectly. It may be just the ticket you all are looking for.

Search for Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 - Exits Control Gauge by Jim Hodkinson.

regards, Jazz

thanks ;) 

Also remember that if you're spawned on a fuel pump location in your airport your doors will not open.  

Also if you have your Red Beacon Light On if I remember correctly only the main door will open at least at the beginning of the flight maybe I'm wrong about this didn't have anybody to confirm this with me but that was my problem with the doors. Red beacon has to be OFF hope this works for you.