Sign in to follow this  
kalister

LNAV turn prediction and LNAV path drawn in general

Dear Gents,

I am running the 777 on P3D 2.5 and have really big problems with the drawn  LNAV path in the ND. (Had the same problem in P3D 2.4 as well!).

For example i fly the RNAV08-Y into LOWI.

This approach goes from RTT to ELMEN to WI810......LOWI

The new AS Airbuses handles this approach like this; before RTT it shows the connection from ELEMEN to WI810 as a sharp angle (almost 180 degree). After RTT the system immediatly calculates the

right (and flyable) curve from ELEMEN to WI810.

AS Airbus bevore RTT

ab2_zpsfb52877f.jpg

AS Airbus after RTT (correct curve into ELEMEN)

ab3_zps615cd932.jpg

And here the PMDG 777

Before RTT

b1_zpsa733dd50.jpg

PMDG 777 after RTT (still a sharp, unflyable angle into ELEMEN)

b4_zps55db1da8.jpg

With this path it is impossible for the 777 to reach the next Waypoint after ELEMEN - eg WI810; the plane banks left and right an will crash into the mountains!

Here is the same Approach into LOWI from a good friend (also P3D 2.5) - different PC (he deleted ELEMEN, but that makes no different - on my PC without ELEMEN its still an unflyable 180 degree sharp angle)

IMG_1642_zps2b8210fc.jpg

Here everything looks fine - so it cant be a PMDG Problem rather than a problem with my computer.

The other thing is, that almost every approach path the drawed line looks funny like on this pic:

b10_zps420b3da6.jpg

Why is this happening on my PC? Can anybody please help?

thank you

kalister

Hi, 

the way you are using the AFDS systems to fly the approaches, can only lead to those drawings you see on the ND. 

The published approaches are not designed by Austrocontrol to be flown that way. Its not a problem with the aircraft. Its a problem on how the aircrafts autoflightsystems are supposed to be used to fullfill a specific task. 

In your case flying with HDG select and then establishing a reasonable intercept onto the intended path of the procedure designer would be the better option. 

Flying from RTT directly to ELMEM is way beyond the limits of the published approach procedure. 

Every approach procedure "looks funny" when it is not used in accordance with the procedure designers intentions. 

Jan-Paul

Hi,

thanks for your explenation about the limits of the 777, but that was not the question.

Even if the way how i fly the approach is far beyond the 777 i was asking why the ND on my PC is drawing the path totally different compare the path (same situation) from my friends PC?

Again:

Same situation - coming from RTT to WI802, next WI803 (ON MY PC)

meins_zps9b799ab9.jpg

coming from RTT to WI802, next WI803 (ON MY FRIENDS PC)

IMG_1642_zps2b8210fc.jpg

Why is my PMDG777 ND so different from my friends PMDG777 ND?

thank you

kalister

Your friend is going a lot slower which gives the path prediction feature a chance at coming up with a solution.  What about speed constrainst on legs page, you and friend using same setup there?

Dan Downs KCRP