Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to install UT2 into P3D 2.5

Ok 2:00am so going to post this to help others - any questions just ask after some sleep lol

1. I used Estonia migration tool to do this fyi

2. Pics posted will show you how I did it - pretty simple - here is the lines to copy and paste into your exe file located here: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\P3D\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

3. Since folder changes implemented by LM - Terrain and Simobjects files no longer reside in main P3D folder where you installed it so all you have to do is edit the Simobjects file as shown in pics then copy it over also for now if you also copy over the Terrain cfg file and Scenery cfg file you can have ftx global working until the official fix - these three files must be in both folders - very important

4. FPS were fine with UT2 thats why I use it works great - most of the time leave general traffic to 0% and airline to 100% in UT2 control panel - in P3D I set that to about 25 to 30% you will still see plenty of ai - takes a little bit of time to load so hang in there

2b8i8n.jpg

qqa3us.jpg

2v2fdj8.jpg

Rich Sennett

I assume that this is for someone who does not have the Estonia Migration Tool, Richard?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I assume that this is for someone who does not have the Estonia Migration Tool, Richard?

Chris its for use with Estonia tool as stated above - may work without but I would not try it

Rich Sennett

So it's different in 2.5 compared to 2.4? I used the Estonia Migration Tool to install UT2 into P3D v2.4, and then added the relevant SimObject path in the Prepar3d.cfg file. That's all I needed to do to get it to work.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So it's different in 2.5 compared to 2.4? I used the Estonia Migration Tool to install UT2 into P3D v2.4, and then added the relevant SimObject path in the Prepar3d.cfg file. That's all I needed to do to get it to work.

Yes its different those files are not in the same place as they use to be - thats why I posted this - they now reside in programdata folder thats why developers installs do not see them anymore and not working

Rich Sennett

Ok 2:00am so going to post this to help others - any questions just ask after some sleep lol

1. I used Estonia migration tool to do this fyi

2. Pics posted will show you how I did it - pretty simple - here is the lines to copy and paste into your exe file located here: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\P3D\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

3. Since folder changes implemented by LM - Terrain and Simobjects files no longer reside in main P3D folder where you installed it so all you have to do is edit the Simobjects file as shown in pics then copy it over also for now if you also copy over the Terrain cfg file and Scenery cfg file you can have ftx global working until the official fix - these three files must be in both folders - very important

4. FPS were fine with UT2 thats why I use it works great - most of the time leave general traffic to 0% and airline to 100% in UT2 control panel - in P3D I set that to about 25 to 30% you will still see plenty of ai - takes a little bit of time to load so hang in there

2b8i8n.jpg

qqa3us.jpg

2v2fdj8.jpg

Hi Richard

I did all of this all though i did not use EMT so UTII still sits in FSX folder on another drive. (so i link to that instead of P3V2 drive)

I do not see any traffic in P3Dv2.5 but UTIIservice.exe is started and i have the options inside the P3D menu under "add-ons"

P3D2.5 now comes with a red box "warning that the system was not closed proberly and i should reboot the PC" every time.

The traffic still works in FSX but i dont see a simobjects.cfg file anymore in FSX ? have i missed it or is it me who forgot if there should be one?

Update:

Seems to work but only GA aircraft is showned , Any ideer ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Strange. I can see GA traffic and i can disable via the CTRL-SHIFT-T from the addon menu but only GA traffic. No weakly Airlines. Anyone?

Thanks Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Strange. I can see GA traffic and i can disable via the CTRL-SHIFT-T from the addon menu but only GA traffic. No weakly Airlines. Anyone?

Thanks Michael

I have winter and summer schedules loaded - not free - did you also go to utilites - timezones and click update timezone file - bottom right hand corner - I am getting some fsx error messages when launching UT2 gui but I just ignore them still works fine in sim

Rich Sennett

I have winter and summer schedules loaded - not free - did you also go to utilites - timezones and click update timezone file - bottom right hand corner - I am getting some fsx error messages when launching UT2 gui but I just ignore them still works fine in sim

Thanks but yep,

Still no Airlines  , just GA traffic is loaded. Strange

btw is there a fsx simobjects.cfg ? if so i have lost mine , not that it matter .Everything seems fine in FSX

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks but yep,

Hmm do you have UT2 traffic sliders set to 100% - I do then control density in P3D menu

Do you have 101 folders in this location Mike

C:\P3D\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Rich Sennett

Hmm do you have UT2 traffic sliders set to 100% - I do then control density in P3D menu

Do you have 101 folders in this location Mike

C:\P3D\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Yep i do now . Had 0% inside P3D as i normally would have in FSX.

I also have disabled the traffic.bgl in the scenery\world/ location

Still no airliners . Strange

Michael 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

100% in UT2 and about 35% in P3D is how it works for me

Rich Sennett

Have you also disabled the traffic.bgl in P3D ??

Btw, UTII has made an entry "simobject in P3D.CFG next to mine :-)"

Just for my FSX . Should there be an simombjects.cfg file ?. I cant find it.

Thanks Michael

Hi Richard,

Got it to work , Dont know what was wrong but its working fine now,

Thanks  B)

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png