Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to install UT2 into P3D 2.5

Kevin, in your appdata\roamig\lockheed martin\prepar3d v2\ folder   in the prepard.cfg, change the simobject path for the ut2 aircraft to 0 ( from 1)

Kevin,

Have you tried to run addon schedules and repaints in P3D that you added in FSX? I seem to remember seeing one or two messages like that after installing UT2 into P3D v2.4, and it was because I didn't transfer all of the necessary files (specifically the UT2Interface.db file) required to let UT2 "know" that modifications had been made.

It's possible just after the install described above by EMT, and after this by replacing all files in the appdata roaming flight one folder with your previous install.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Yeah, I know how to do it now, but it caused me a significant amount of grief to start with, as I ended up having to rebuild and reintegrate half of the airline schedules and repaints all over again!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Kevin,

Have you tried to run addon schedules and repaints in P3D that you added in FSX? I seem to remember seeing one or two messages like that after installing UT2 into P3D v2.4, and it was because I didn't transfer all of the necessary files (specifically the UT2Interface.db file) required to let UT2 "know" that modifications had been made.

I did install my latest schedule that I have(2012 summer I believe) with migration tool and immediately after the main installer.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes, appdata\roamig\lockheed martin\prepar3d v2\ folder prepar3d .cfg simobject path from 1 to 0 did the trick for me, thanks a lot everyone for the solution, what a great community this is.

Sergio Naiberg

Yes, appdata\roamig\lockheed martin\prepar3d v2\ folder prepar3d .cfg simobject path from 1 to 0 did the trick for me, thanks a lot everyone for the solution, what a great community this is.

This worked for me as well.  I can now manage the paints too.  I still get an error when I launch UT2(something about default settings in FSX) but everything seems to work otherwise.  Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hi all,

While I do still have FSX installed I do not have UT2 installed in FSX. So imagine my surprise when I opened "fsx.cfg" and found this line

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

That directory doesn't exist, not in FSX anyway. If I take that line out the next time I run Ultimate Traffic 2.exe it gets put back in. Must be hard wired in there to find things thru the registry settings. But it's a relative path and since Ultimate Traffic 2.exe is run inside the P3D directory it's finding the correct directory ... UT2 Aircraft.

So cut to the chase. Looks like if you don't have FSX installed you will need to create the %appdata%\ ....\fsx.cfg for things to work. When I renamed "fsx.cfg" I got the error messages mentioned thruout this thread.

This should work:

EDIT: No it won't. If you don't have FSX installed you don't have any registry settings pointing to it. Disregard below. I'm not about to uninstall FSX to figure this out. Altho maybe if Ultimate Traffic 2.exe is hard wired to look in an exact location, maybe it will.. Try it.

Create directory: %appdata%\roaming\microsoft\fsx

create file fsx.cfg (copy prepar3d.cfg and rename it)

When Ultimate Traffic2.exe is run it will add the necessary line and hopefully be happy and run without errors.

I still run FSX cuz Flight1 refuses to release the Mustang into P3D. Eventually they will I hope.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Eventually, the Sun will become a white dwarf. I'm not certain which will happen first....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi again,

This WILL work whether of not FSX is installed. Without errors.

1. enable EMT
2. install UT2 pointing to the P3D directory
3. UT2 installer will put this line into the "prepar3d.cfg":

[Main]
     SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

4. change it to "SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft" or the next sequential number (1,2,3). Save file
5. open %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simobjects.cfg
6. add this line:

[Entry.9]
     Path=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

7.or the next sequential number.save file

8.copy "prepar3d.cfg" and paste it back into the same directory renaming it "fsx.cfg"
9.open up %appdata%\roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2settings.cfg

10. you should see something like this"

[Main]
     FSX cfg File Location =C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg
     FSX Location=E:\P3D\
     hideDisclaimer=1

11.change it to

[Main]
    FSX cfg File Location=C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\fsx.cfg
    FSX Location=E:\P3D\
    hideDisclaimer=1

12. change to reflect your P3D directory path. save it
13.open up "exe.dll" to see if this is in there:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>E:\P3D\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

14.You should have a Ultimate Traffic 2 shortcut on your desktop. Don't run it yet
15. DISABLE EMT
16.Reboot, then run the UT2 shortcut.
17.install Power Pack and any additional traffic databases (optional)

Good luck

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

OK, I'm probably going to sound like a complete lunatic here but, I'm confused. I am only just switching to v2.5 from FSX, so I am ingesting all this P3D info within the last few days and I think it's starting to get to me.

So obviously in order to make this work in P3D I will need EMT, even though UT2 instance is already installed in FSX?

I also have tons of repaints assigned to specific airlines, am I going to lose them all?

Thanks a bunch.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

OK, I'm probably going to sound like a complete lunatic here but, I'm confused. I am only just switching to v2.5 from FSX, so I am ingesting all this P3D info within the last few days and I think it's starting to get to me.

So obviously in order to make this work in P3D I will need EMT, even though UT2 instance is already installed in FSX?

I also have tons of repaints assigned to specific airlines, am I going to lose them all?

Thanks a bunch.

Regarding repaints you need to be backing up your databases and all files from users/user/appdata/flight1/ut2

I think you can add it manually by

1. Adding it to your exe.xml

2. Adding to your simobjects.Cfg

3. Disabling all prepar3d default traffic bgls

4. Copying any other bgls from FSX that ut2 installs.

But EMT is better and safer!

But be careful any new install will overwrite your data. So backup everything in AppData and ut2 app folder to be sure.

I think the power pack can help you backup too

yes back up all in users/user/appdata/flight1/ut2 , for god sake take the complete folder.

Also where did you put your custom AI? In a seperate folder. I have been in your position. but now with every update for P3d I just do a reinstall.

Please make sure that you know what version and last official schedule is installed. See the post of user Twenty6, that worked for me, After that you can put your complete users/user/appdata/flight1/ut2 back overwriting the new install. Take note of #4 change to 0 and if you have your own folder with put that one also with a following number.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

Hi

Using EMT I have UT2 running as described above.

I've added 2 extra aircraft folders to the P3D config file and to the simobjects.cfg. These are located on another drive.

These additional aircraft show up in P3D correctly but in the UT2 interface when I drop down the repaints "Aircraft Manufacturer" box only the built-in UT2 aircraft (in P3D\Simobjects) are available.

Can't spot what I'm doing wrong - any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Chris

Chris could you try just as test to put the folders in the simobject folder and ad them to the p3d.cfg ( in the appdata).

I have in the p3d.cfg [Main] section

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

SimObjectsPath.1=Simobjects\AI Airplanes

The reason I have the UT2 Folder is that I still use some planes form ut2 ( jazz for example )

but my main folder with AI FAIB/AIA/TFS etc is in the AI Airplanes folder .

this is working for me, also in the drop down menu for repaints

What a shame the developer stopper supporting this UT2 ....we so need a new up to date AI programme. With good models..some of the current programme's models are very questionable!

Love to see UT2 in action in P3D, I admit I did try p3d but reverted back to FSX as the lack of 1/2 v synch just caused to much stuttering for me..to the point I did not enjoy it....but I am ever hopeful it will one day be implemented.. 

Great to see some real experts in the community helping each other..