Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to install UT2 into P3D 2.5

What a shame the developer stopper supporting this UT2 ....we so need a new up to date AI programme. With good models..some of the current programme's models are very questionable!

Love to see UT2 in action in P3D, I admit I did try p3d but reverted back to FSX as the lack of 1/2 v synch just caused to much stuttering for me..to the point I did not enjoy it....but I am ever hopeful it will one day be implemented..

Great to see some real experts in the community helping each other..

I am using UTII in both FSX and 2.5 but without repaints but works great. I cant believe there still is users out here with stutter. I never had them with Prepar and it is the main reason i have switch.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

What a shame the developer stopper supporting this UT2 ....we so need a new up to date AI programme. With good models..some of the current programme's models are very questionable!

Love to see UT2 in action in P3D, I admit I did try p3d but reverted back to FSX as the lack of 1/2 v synch just caused to much stuttering for me..to the point I did not enjoy it....but I am ever hopeful it will one day be implemented.. 

Great to see some real experts in the community helping each other..

Look at this post here in this forum.

P3D v2.5...Does anyone use DSR?

Specifically posts from SteveW. He explains P3D settings in a way that makes sense and, if I remember right, wrote about 1/2 vsync somewhere in that thread.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I don't use vSync at all in P3D v2.4, and I don't seem to have any significant problems with the graphics.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Love to  give it another go...

All I do is fly airlines in and out of big payware airports with ASN and UT2...but not sure my old 770 GTX and I7 2600 o/c @4.5 will be enough...just seen over on another thread that 4k monitors and  the latest GC seem to be what is required to get the best out of this...so very reluctant to try again...

Especially as No refund is offered the second time ...which is fully understandable......watching and waiting. With interest.. 

Thanks for the link by the way! an interesting read.

Love to  give it another go...

All I do is fly airlines in and out of big payware airports with ASN and UT2...but not sure my old 770 GTX and I7 2600 o/c @4.5 will be enough

I think that you should be able to see the link to my PC specification to the left of this post. If so, you will notice that it is not significantly more powerful than yours, and P3D v2.4 runs very well on it at high detail levels (everything on maximum apart from LOD Radius and Tessellation Factor, which are set to HIGH). Mind you, I only have a 19" 4:3 monitor with a native resolution of 1280x1024, but this is "enhanced" up to 1810x1448 with 2x DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris could you try just as test to put the folders in the simobject folder and ad them to the p3d.cfg ( in the appdata).

I have in the p3d.cfg [Main] section

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

SimObjectsPath.1=Simobjects\AI Airplanes

The reason I have the UT2 Folder is that I still use some planes form ut2 ( jazz for example )

but my main folder with AI FAIB/AIA/TFS etc is in the AI Airplanes folder .

this is working for me, also in the drop down menu for repaints

Yes, that worked pilotter. I was trying to keep the P3D SSD uncluttered. I can live with this thanks but I'm still intrigued why UT2 interface can't see the other drive!

Cheers

Chris

Alright guys, I've followed all of the instructions and I'm bumping into three issues.

1. I get the following error when I launch UT2 interface:

Error Loading default UT2 or FSX Settings

There are multiple root elements. Line 19, position 2.

2. I've replaced the default databases with the ones I've backed up from the FSX installation and my aircraft assignments are gone. Please tell me I can bring them back. :/

3. I get no traffic in P3D at all.

Edit: Solved #3, exe.xml was corrupted.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Alright guys, I've followed all of the instructions and I'm bumping into three issues.

1. I get the following error when I launch UT2 interface:

Error Loading default UT2 or FSX Settings

There are multiple root elements. Line 19, position 2.

2. I've replaced the default databases with the ones I've backed up from the FSX installation and my aircraft assignments are gone. Please tell me I can bring them back. :/

3. I get no traffic in P3D at all.

Edit: Solved #3, exe.xml was corrupted.

Did you solve 1 and 2 also?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Did you solve 1 and 2 also?

Nope

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Did you back up the UT2Interface.db file? This is particularly important for new airlines (ie. ones that are not in the UT2 default database), and also added plane types.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Nope

did you make any backups from the roaming\flightonesoftware\Ultimate traffic 2 folder? This is important.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

did you make any backups from the roaming\flightonesoftware\Ultimate traffic 2 folder? This is important.

I did, I copied the entire directory.

Jacek G.

ok if you put his back in the roaming\flightonesoftware\Ultimate traffic 2 folder it should work.

Hey guys,

I had some troubles getting this working, but have it sorted now.

Basically, I followed twenty6's instructions (look back a few poster).

The problem seems to have been this step:

13.open up "exe.dll" to see if this is in there:

<Launch.Addon>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<Path>E:\P3D\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

My file...Exe.xml rather than exe.dll...didn't have this part added automatically. Manually adding it solved the problem.

I'd tried a couple of other things first without success. Ut2 also seemed stressed about not being able to find a FSX file or two, so I did reinstall Fsx in the midst of it all, not sure if it makes much difference.

So basically, follow twenty6's form guide but note that your file in that step may be called Exe.xml rather than exe.dll AND that code may not be added automatically in some cases.

Working like champion now though, good to have ut2 back again, I missed her for a week or so there!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Christopher and pilotter, thank you both. Interface.db did it - I really appreciate it.

Jacek G.