Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to install UT2 into P3D 2.5

I didn't back up the UT2Interface.db file when I switched from FSX to P3D, Jacek. It forced me to rebuild almost half of my added schedules and repaints. I was not a particularly happy bunny at the time!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

GOOD GRIEF ! ! !    Reminds me of the many nights tracking doiwn an error in my code in college.  Still can't get UT2 to load in P3D, evrything matches in cfg and xml files per everyone's examples.  Back to the drawing board. . . . .

GOOD GRIEF ! ! !    Reminds me of the many nights tracking doiwn an error in my code in college.  Still can't get UT2 to load in P3D, evrything matches in cfg and xml files per everyone's examples.  Back to the drawing board. . . . .

Can you post your exe.xml?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Yes sometimes Charlie that exe.xml edit doesn't work for everyone exactly for instance see screenshot - notice how many launchaddon lines I have sometimes it works and in other installs I believe UI didn't need that many launchaddon lines - very strange but just throwing this out there - may have to play around with it until it works - no silver bullet for some reason

fc4p40.jpg

Rich Sennett

Richard nailed it, I struggled with the exe.xml file myself. If you're running FSDT addon manager, make sure to include the entry above the FSDT's, that worked for me.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Richard nailed it, I struggled with the exe.xml file myself. If you're running FSDT addon manager, make sure to include the entry above the FSDT's, that worked for me.

Glad it worked for you Buddy :)

Rich Sennett

Sorry Drumcode, at work dodging raindrops and killing bugs. After last night's post I recompiled the xml file and UT2 worked. No audio in startup, but, got lots of Delta and "citrus" at KATL now. I appreciate it and Richard's help.

They should just produce a P3D version so all of this craziness goes away  :) 

Rich Sennett

Okay, when got home started P3D for some IFR work (Foggy with overcast at 300 AGL !) and UT2 did not load this time.  Checked exe.xml per Richard's JPG and have this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> 
 <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
  <Launch Addon>
    <Disabled>False<Disabled>
     <ManualLoad>False<ManualLoad
    <Name>UT2<Name>
    <Path>D:Lockheed Martin\Prepared 3D v25\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic2\UT2Services.exe<Path>
   <NewConsole>True<NewConsole>
  <Launch Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
Drumcode: does the period between Launch Manual Load in line 6 cause this prob?

Thanks

Charlie

No but  lines 7 and 8 are messed up (delete them) as is line 15 which should be:

</Launch Addon>

In XML, you have open and closing statements for entries. The closing statement always begins with a slash character. Your file has mismatched opens and closes.

I am having a problem setting aircraft labels in the interface, they don't seem to appear in the P3D for me. I realize that the interface is setting this to the fake fsx.cfg file, but when I turn on labels in prepar3d.cfg they don't appear either. The Manufacturer and Model show up just fine, airline and flightplan do not. Any ideas guys?

Jacek G.

I have followed this thread to get ut2 installed, problem is now I have no terminal buildings in FSDreamteam KORD and no UT2 traffic.

When I go to add ons will I see the UT2 options there?  I currently dont.

Also which file am I suppose to edit in the main folder?

dll.xml

exe.xml

exe.xml.addonmanger

I have followed this thread to get ut2 installed, problem is now I have no terminal buildings in FSDreamteam KORD and no UT2 traffic.

When I go to add ons will I see the UT2 options there?  I currently dont.

You should see UT2 options pull down something is not right - if you did see it I would have told you to re-install KORD and see if that helps but for now I would un-install KORD then try getting UT2 working then install KORD after

It is much easier to get UT2 working before installing any addon airports as they write to the exe.xml file making it harder for you to edit it to get UT2 working correctly - I would go about it like that - pain but in the long run may save you a lot of time

Rich Sennett

I uninstalled fsdreamteam.

Should I reinstall ut2? Also which xml file

Do I need to switch.

I installed ut2 with the migration tool but it didn't load any lines so not sure if it worked properly. Basically I had it enable a virtual fsx and ran the ut2 installer. I do have fsx and p3d on my system.