Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

How to install UT2 into P3D 2.5

Ok got it installed by uninstalling fsdreamteam sceneries.

How much fps do you loose? I lost almost 10 at kord. My machine is not weak. I7 4790k and 970 card. Curious on the performance drop others have gotten.

Ok got it installed by uninstalling fsdreamteam sceneries.

How much fps do you loose? I lost almost 10 at kord. My machine is not weak. I7 4790k and 970 card. Curious on the performance drop others have gotten.

I get 11-12fps with traffic at 70% in the NGX at ORD. It's criminal.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I never load more than 30-35% traffic - just asking for trouble

Rich Sennett

I get decent framerates in P3D v2.4 at Aerosoft EGLL Heathrow Extended with UT2 @ 100%.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I never load more than 30-35% traffic - just asking for trouble

Ok, 35% of traffic must make the airports look mega empty, no?

What are your in game settings Richard? I'm going to try it on my system.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I don't do less than 100% where UT2 is concerned. When I activate AI planes, I want to see AI planes!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ok, 35% of traffic must make the airports look mega empty, no?

What are your in game settings Richard? I'm going to try it on my system.

Jacek - I agree with you on % of traffic but its all give and take in flightsim and I actually shut UT2 down after leaving an airport and turn it back on when arriving no ai in between - like I said give and take - its what you can live with - wish I could do 100% but not worth a good fps hit

My in game settings for me may not work well for you - just play around until you find a nice middle ground you can live with

Rich Sennett

Here's how I got it to work.  No EMT and no reinstalling UT2.  This requires you to have both FSX and P3D 2.5 installed. Takes about 3 minutes. UT2 seems to work fine with no errors. In fact, this doesn't touch UT2 at all. Change paths to match your own.

1. open %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\simobjects.cfg
2. add this line:

[Entry.9]
     Path=C:\FSX\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

3.open up the "exe.dll" located in AppData/Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ Add the following.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

4. If your AI aircraft have any common textures located in main FSX texture folder, copy them over to the P3D texture folder.

That's it.

Hi Forkboy2,

I have followed your instructions but I cannot find "exe.dll" in AppData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3Dv2.

I have "DLL.XML" and "exe.xml". I have tried using those but UT2 still won't start.

I have changed the paths to suit my install.

Any further guidance would be appreciated.

John

Sorry, it's exe.xml and it is in C:\***\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\exe.xml

That's what I get for posting late at night.

No changes to DLL.xml

These changes don't change anything with UT2.  All this does is hooks P3D into the UT2 installation currently in FSX.

Guys, I've asked this before several pages back, but seen no answer.

All of you that are having UT2 working in P3D, could you please check if the airline and flightplan is showing when labels are enabled? I can't get it to show this particular label in P3D at all. :/

Jacek G.

Guys, I've asked this before several pages back, but seen no answer.

All of you that are having UT2 working in P3D, could you please check if the airline and flightplan is showing when labels are enabled? I can't get it to show this particular label in P3D at all. :/

I tried it.  Only see labels for distance, altitude, and aircraft type

Matt

I tried it.  Only see labels for distance, altitude, and aircraft type

Matt

Ok, thanks. At least I'm not alone, I think it's a port over problem I'm going to have to deal with, even though it is very helpful to see the airline and route when working with more of a realistic fleet for some airlines.

Jacek G.

Richard nailed it, I struggled with the exe.xml file myself. If you're running FSDT addon manager, make sure to include the entry above the FSDT's, that worked for me.

Thank's Jacek, I had the same issues ut2 would not start went to the exe.xml put it above the  fsdt addon manger line and boom it works now thanks and thank you Rich and everyone for sharing this info I just wish flight1 would do something about

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thank's Jacek, I had the same issues ut2 would not start went to the exe.xml put it above the  fsdt addon manger line and boom it works now thanks and thank you Rich and everyone for sharing this info I just wish flight1 would do something about

They would sell a bundle of them for P3D - as a matter of fact I am going to go tell them :) - take care

Rich Sennett