Sign in to follow this  
Guest oyvindhansen

1,500th 737 NG

Guest jdu

I've ridden on 2 Airbuses, and 3 Boeings. The Airbuses were and A320, and an A330. The Boeings were a 737, 757, and recently a 777. The 737, true, is a little more cramped (Although its hardly noticable) but the 757, 777 was much more roomier than the Airbuses. Personally, I feel safer riding on an aircraft that is made by a company that has alot of experience, than a company that is un-experienced. By the way, did you hear how Boeing caught 2 Airbus employees touring a plant with special shoes that were designed to pick up metal shavings off the floor? Why would they want to do that, if Airbuses are so much better than Boeings????:-roll Hmmm.....

Guest jdu

Oyvind, don't post you answer here, I started a new topic called "Boeing vs. Airbus". Just FYI.

Guest oyvindhansen

Now you are getting ridiculous. No one's said that Airbuses are much better, they are just different. Don't know what metal shavings has to do with a cabin space. If Airbus wants to get info about what Boeing puts into their products there are plenty of aircraft available for examination. I'm sure the two manufacturers look at each others products. And Airbus is not inexperienced because: (1) they have been around since the sixties (you pick up some experience in 40 years) and (2) have designed a whole family of well received aircraft. Also (3) the consortium is made up of independent manufacturers that themselves have long traditions in aircraft making.Edit: too late :) Boeing vs. Airbus huh? Belive me, those threads never get anywhere...- Oyvind