Sign in to follow this  
pinsel

Map: Taxiways Only Shown After Change Of Zoomlevel

Hi Maarten,

when i execute SLX it always starts with zoomlevel 'City'. The toggle for 'Show taxiways' is set to on. At this state the taxiways are not shown in the map. If i zoom into 'Neighbourhood' and then back to 'City' the taxiways appear.

Greetings, Walter.

Hi Walter,

By default, taxiways are shown for zoom levels 14 and up. The zoom level is indicated on the map footer between parentheses next to the map scale. When you select a new flight or a location in the Airports window, SLX zooms in to zoom level 13 and the taxiways are not visible. You can change the minimum zoom levels for the map symbols by clicking on the small arrow at the bottom right in the 'Navigation symbols' group of the Map ribbon tab:

zoomlevels.jpg

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten,

thanks for explaining.

What i wanted to tell you is the following: I run SLX and it starts in zoom-level 13 with no taxiway displayed. So far, so good. Then i switch to zoom-level 18 (Neighbourhood). Now the taxiways should be displayed. They are not visible yet. Then i switch back to zoom-level 14 (City) and now the taxiways are visible.

thanks, Walter.

Hi Walter,

Yes, sometimes you have to refresh the map by zooming in and out (using the mouse wheel is quicker then using the zoom control on the footer btw) or by cycling the map symbol toggle button on the ribbon. It's an issue with the third party software I use.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg