Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

A new beta version of AIController v1.14A is available at the following link:

Please do not mix with any version of 1.3 or earlier.  Instead, install into a separate directory for testing.

Ver 1.4 contains significant new features and as a result, the windows-based AIMonitor.exe program was revamped to become the central point for managing these new features.  I no longer recommend manually editing the .ini files.

New:  Ver 1.4 now reads taxi and runway data from installed default and add-on scenery (i.e., the "Enhanced" approach mode).  It uses this data to automatically generate final approaches and taxi service to the gate.  Thus, the prior and troublesome requirement that FSX AI intercept a generically placed approach fix waypoint no longer applies.  As a result, the AI can now fly tight generic approachs (configurable by the user in AIMonitor) or real-world final approaches either converted from navdata (SIDSTAR converter) or custom-written by the user.  These predictable final approches also provide for better separation control.  Several options have been added to AIMontior to adjust enhanced approach and taxi operations.

New:  The SIDSTAR converter has been updated to convert APPROACH (as well as SID and STAR) data into a format readable by AIController.  As a result, the AI can now be easily configured to fly published SIDs, jet routes, STARs and approaches (including the final portion) at monitored airports.

New:  Taxi to gate after arrival include basic collision avoidance with other AI and with AI landing on crossing runways.

New:  Taxi to gate after arrival selects based on airline code (from AI .cfg file) if possible.  If not, AIController will make intelligent decisions as to where to park the AI.

New:  Grab parking codes utility to automatically read and store airline parking codes from all install AI .cfg for use by AIController (for parking

operations).

New:  Crosswind AI correction effects have been added for AI on final approach during strong cross-wind conditions.

New:  AIController now recognizes "heavy" AI and will lengthen their rollout accordingly (note: rollout lengths can also be controlled in the AIMonitor as before).

New:  AIController performs load-balancing on multiple landing runways at busy airports when applicable.

New:  The AIMonitor now includes pop-up help text explaining each parameter.

New:  Most options can now be changed via the AIMonitor while AIController is running.  For example, think the AI is taxiing too slowly to the gate?  You can go into AIMonitor and adjust the taxi speed upward.  The changes will take effect in the current FSX session.  Path options (e.g., which airport to monitor cannot be changed during the FSX session because these relate to waypoints that must be read from the scenery before the FSX session begins).

New:  ICAO display filter added to AIMonitor in case you want to concentrate on just one airport.

Improved:  AI landing animation now includes spoiler deployment and smoke if a hard touchdown.  Light operation is also correct for final approach, landing, taxi and parking.

Improved:  Crosswind AI correction effects have been added for AI on final approach during strong cross-wind conditions.

Improved:  While flying, AI groundspeed affected by winds aloft (e.g., headwinds) (i.e., indicated airspeed differs from groundspeed).

Improved:  Many bug fixes and performance improvements.

Important Revision:  A registered version (4.9x or later) of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC utility is recommended to use the full functionality of AIController.  For example, AIController will not be able to delete problematic AI are AI targeted for removal (e.g., parked at gate after arrival for the specificed parking time).  For networked configuration users, Peter's WideFS (ver. 6.9) is also recommended.

Various other fixes/revisions were also made.

Important New NOTAMS!

ENTERING FINAL APPROACH COORDINATES.  Do not use FSX when entering final approach coordinates for runway positions (e.g., touchdown, rollout) as the FSX in-game coordinate display (shift-Z) lacks the necessary precision (significant digits).  Use the freeware Airport Design Editor X (or similar) instead.

ENTERING RUNWAY DATA.   Ensure the runway number corresponds to the FSX runway description (for whatever airport scenery you are using).  Often, the latest FMS data will reference changed runway numbers that do not correspond to stock FSX runway descriptions.  For STAR files, if the runways do not match (STAR versus FSX), AIController will choose the STAR based on the waypoint having the closest entry point to the AI’s current position (i.e., not based on runway data), which often is satisfactory, but not always.  For Final Approach files, if the runways do not match, AIController might choose the final approach file having the incorrect runway data.

Installation and Basic Usage Video for Version 1.4:  

Demo (older AIController Version, but still useful):  

Thanks!

-Roland

Thanks once again for an update :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I have downloaded it. Thanks. Sounds like a great program.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Roland you're amazing.

I remember downloading the very first release, skeptical that anyone could either pull something like this off or even have the time/skills/patience to stick with it.  Now I use your software on every flight  :BigGrin: .

Can't wait to try out the latest

Thank you!

Edit:  BTW you should put up a donation link.  I'm sure many would like to contribute a whatever they could to show appreciation and at least help defray your caffeine costs.

Edited by irocx

Regards, Kendall

Just want to raise a little issue with regards to reading of taxi data...

PMDG's up to date AIRAC data includes an airport in Spain, 'LEDA'. This is a new airport that was opened in late 2010, and as such is not included in FSX. So when I am starting up AIController, it comes up with an error there is no taxi data found and it cannot continue. 
Unless you want to go ahead and add the scenery yourself (there is a freeware version in the Avsim library for those who want to), I suggest simply deleting the SIDSTAR data for the airport.
This issue may come up for a few airports that have been constructed since FSX was released e.g. Bangkok, new Doha etc.

Just a heads up incase anyone gets stuck.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Very cool program. One thing I have encountered though is planes lining up on the runway like 2 at a time. Like one is taking off and the other is just sitting right behind it. Can anything be done about this?

Also when adding areas not covered in the program. I found the PMDG sid/star folder and have been searching by airport ICAO for the files I want to add and then making a new folder in the AIcontroller folder for the airport. I am wondering if there is a way to add a bunch of airports by state? Say I want to add a bunch of Florida airports. Do I have to add each airport individually like I was doing or can I add the entire state of airports somehow? 

Also when adding areas not covered in the program. I found the PMDG sid/star folder and have been searching by airport ICAO for the files I want to add and then making a new folder in the AIcontroller folder for the airport. I am wondering if there is a way to add a bunch of airports by state? Say I want to add a bunch of Florida airports. Do I have to add each airport individually like I was doing or can I add the entire state of airports somehow? 

It can be done, yes. If you used the bundled SIDSTAR converter utility there is an option to not only organise the data by country, but it will organise it by state/province as well. If you haven't done so already, I suggest watching the video Roland has made regarding the new features. This is explained in there on converting the files and configuring the SIDSTAR Converter utility to do this, and also on how to add the airports you have just converted aswell.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Absolutely amazing Roland, you are an absolute genius.

I second the donation suggestion, what you have achieved is absolutely payware quality.

Before I download this version and get stuck in again, I do have a question.

You mention that the program can now intelligently assign parking based on the codes in the aircraft.cfg and I assume the codes for each space in the ADE. Flightsim has long had a limitation with the parking codes for each stand that after the first 5 it ignores any remaining codes. Has your program now overcome this?

So for example, if I code a gate with 10 codes will AI controller keep looking for a free gate with the matching aircraft.cfg code until it finds a match?

I really can't thank you enough for the time, effort and dedication you have put into this program

So I have seen some pretty cool things with this program at the major airports that are covered but I keep running into the same issue at the smaller airports I have installed. Like at KRDU in the AI monitor it says planes are taxiing/pushback or whatever and it says they are being controlled by FSX not AI Controller. These planes also don't get assigned a SID.

It's not until they reach 18K ft or something that they get assigned a JET ROUTE and get taken over by AI controller. Is there a way to get these planes to be controlled by AI controller from the start even at the smaller airports?

Wow!.......Just....Wow. Thanks mate.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!