Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

I am getting a very odd error when clicking  - 1. Start AIController  -  i have just done a fresh install and am following along with your video for 1.4. 

After the initial setup in the controller window, everything works fine until the final note section (Note:  Do NOT overlay a second window in fsx/p3d.... etc) after this it says ---> XML node pair <e.g., <main><main>> missing in file .\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KJFK\INACTIVE JFK ONE DEPARTURES NOISE ABATEMENT  THIS ERROR USUALLY INDICATES ONE OF THE STAR PATH STATEMENTS ACCIDENTALLY POINTS TO A DIRECTORY WITH NO STAR FILES.

Then next line says much the same but after \INACTIVE it says KJFK APPROACHES then the same "THIS ERROR USUALLY..."

It has the same error all the way down the list (norcal regional airports and kdca) and then it says the program is exiting, press any key to continue. 

Any idea's? had 1.3 running great prior to 1.4. only changes i have made to system are the addition of ftx global vector, fs global 2010, and a switch from Mytraffic X 5.2 to the new ### AI 5.0 freeware prior to this install, could any of these be the contributing factor? or user error?

GREAT program by the way! i really loved 1.3 and with the addition of all the new stuff in 1.4 i cant way to get it working properly!

After the initial setup in the controller window, everything works fine until the final note section (Note:  Do NOT overlay a second window in fsx/p3d.... etc) after this it says ---> XML node pair

> missing in file .\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KJFK\INACTIVE JFK ONE DEPARTURES NOISE ABATEMENT  THIS ERROR USUALLY INDICATES ONE OF THE STAR PATH STATEMENTS ACCIDENTALLY POINTS TO A DIRECTORY WITH NO STAR FILES.

Then next line says much the same but after \INACTIVE it says KJFK APPROACHES then the same "THIS ERROR USUALLY..."

Have you added these folders to the directory paths to be read? If so, you should remove them. I don't use the sample files myself, but I suspect this folder is only to be used to copy data from the root KJFK directory so that it won't be read by the program.

For example:

Say you don't want to use the Bridge Point climbs for runways 31L and 31R, you could move (cut and paste) 'KJFK Runways 31L 31R Bridge Point Climb WHITE.JFK1 .txt' to the 'Inactive JFK ONE DEPARTURES NOISE ABATEMENT' folder which would mean that when AIController reads the KJFK data it would not read the files you have put in the Inactive folder.

Removing those folders from the 'Departure and Approach paths' menu will solve your problem.

.g.,>

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

This is a fresh install following the 1.4 tutorial video, so i have changed nothing aside from the config paths (auto scan) and running Runway and Taxi update prior to starting fsx.

I load up KSFO (which should be included in the nor cal region airports) and hit the start button and this is what happens.

I get the same error all the way down the list.

Ok, more troubleshooting. Can you copy and paste the contents of the 'AIControllerList.txt'  so I can have a look over it to rule it out? Or, if you have dropbox you can post a drop box link here and I can have a look. If not, copy and pasting the contents here will be fine.

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words and feedback, I do appreciate it.  

PMDG's up to date AIRAC data includes an airport in Spain, 'LEDA'. This is a new airport that was opened in late 2010, and as such is not included in FSX. So when I am starting up AIController, it comes up with an error there is no taxi data found and it cannot continue. 
Unless you want to go ahead and add the scenery yourself (there is a freeware version in the Avsim library for those who want to), I suggest simply deleting the SIDSTAR data for the airport.
This issue may come up for a few airports that have been constructed since FSX was released e.g. Bangkok, new Doha etc.

Very good point, thanks!

One thing I have encountered though is planes lining up on the runway like 2 at a time. Like one is taking off and the other is just sitting right behind it. Can anything be done about this?

Did the plane behind just land?

Flightsim has long had a limitation with the parking codes for each stand that after the first 5 it ignores any remaining codes. Has your program now overcome this?

I read the airport parking codes via raw data supplied from Simconnect, I'm not sure whether it will experience the same limitation.  I remember seeing some pretty long parking code strings passed to my program when I was coding/debugging that part.  I'll look into it.  On a related note, make sure to take a look at the supplied aircraft.cfg grabparkingcodes utility, which lets you refresh the list of aircraft codes.

Like at KRDU in the AI monitor it says planes are taxiing/pushback or whatever and it says they are being controlled by FSX not AI Controller. These planes also don't get assigned a SID.

The taxi out is still under control of FSX, the taxi in is under the control of AIController (taxi out may be for the next version).  Can you verify RDU has a SID in the folder.  Sometimes a SID doesn't get converted because the only waypoint it has is at the airport.  Also check that the path to the SIDs has been added (and is checked) in the SIDs list box of AIMonitor.

For some reason AIController is reading the inactive folder as a file.  Please follow Jaime's suggestion to check the paths.  Simply deleting the inactive directories (and any subdirectory in a monitored directory) should "fix" the immediate problem.  This is a long-standing bug that a handful of users are experiencing and I made changes in 1.4 to try to make it better.  I'm using standard Microsoft file access libraries, so I'm confident eventually I'll get this sorted out.

-Roland

X,STAR=.\DALLAS METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KDFW\*.*
X,STAR=.\DALLAS METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KDAL\*.*
X,STAR=.\DALLAS METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KFTW\*.*
X,STAR=.\DALLAS METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KRBD\*.*
X,STAR=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KEWR\*.*
X,STAR=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KJFK\*.*
X,STAR=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KLGA\*.*
X,STAR=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KSWF\*.*
X,STAR=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KTEB\*.*
X,STAR=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KBUR\*.*
X,STAR=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KLAX\*.*
X,STAR=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KLGB\*.*
X,STAR=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KONT\*.*
X,STAR=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KSMO\*.*
X,STAR=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KSNA\*.*
X,STAR=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KVNY\*.*
X,STAR=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KORD\*.*
X,STAR=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KMDW\*.*
X,STAR=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KGYY\*.*
X,STAR=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KIGQ\*.*
X,STAR=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KUGN\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Bay Area Hubs\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Bay Area Regionals\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Cascade Regionals\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Central Coast Regionals\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\North Bay Regionals\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\North Coast Regionals\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Sacramento Central Valley Regionals\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\San Joaquin Central Valley Regionals\*.*
X,STAR=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Sierra Regionals\*.*
X,STAR=.\PHNL\*.*
X,STAR=.\KDCA\*.*
O,STAR=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGCC\*.*
O,STAR=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGGW\*.*
O,STAR=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGKK\*.*
O,STAR=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGLC\*.*
O,STAR=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGLL\*.*
O,STAR=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGMC\*.*
O,STAR=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGSS\*.*
O,STAR=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EFHK\*.*
O,STAR=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EHAM\*.*
O,STAR=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EKCH\*.*
O,STAR=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\ENBR\*.*
O,STAR=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\ENGM\*.*
O,STAR=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\ESSA\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDB\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDF\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDH\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDK\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDL\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDM\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDS\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDT\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDV\*.*
O,STAR=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\LFSB\*.*
O,STAR=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YBBN\*.*
O,STAR=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YMML\*.*
O,STAR=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YPAD\*.*
O,STAR=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YPPH\*.*
O,STAR=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YSSY\*.*
O,STAR=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYEG\*.*
O,STAR=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYUL\*.*
O,STAR=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYVR\*.*
O,STAR=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYYC\*.*
O,STAR=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYYZ\*.*
O,STAR=.\Extreme Airports\*.*
X,SID=.\DALLAS METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KDFW\*.*
X,SID=.\DALLAS METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KDAL\*.*
X,SID=.\DALLAS METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KFTW\*.*
X,SID=.\DALLAS METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KRBD\*.*
X,SID=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KEWR\*.*
X,SID=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KJFK\*.*
X,SID=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KLGA\*.*
X,SID=.\NYC METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KTEB\*.*
X,SID=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KBUR\*.*
X,SID=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KLAX\*.*
X,SID=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KLGB\*.*
X,SID=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KONT\*.*
X,SID=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KSMO\*.*
X,SID=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KSNA\*.*
X,SID=.\LA Metro Area Airports\KVNY\*.*
X,SID=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KORD\*.*
X,SID=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KMDW\*.*
X,SID=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KARR\*.*
X,SID=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KDPA\*.*
X,SID=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KGYY\*.*
X,SID=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KLOT\*.*
X,SID=.\CHICAGO METRO AREA AIRPORTS\KUGN\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Bay Area Hubs\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Bay Area Regionals\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Cascade Regionals\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Central Coast Regionals\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\North Bay Regionals\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\North Coast Regionals\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Sacramento Central Valley Regionals\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\San Joaquin Central Valley Regionals\*.*
X,SID=.\NORCAL Region Airports\Sierra Regionals\*.*
X,SID=.\PHNL\*.*
X,SID=.\KDCA\*.*
O,SID=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGCC\*.*
O,SID=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGGW\*.*
O,SID=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGKK\*.*
O,SID=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGLC\*.*
O,SID=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGLL\*.*
O,SID=.\LONDON METRO AREA AIRPORTS\EGSS\*.*
O,SID=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EFHK\*.*
O,SID=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EHAM\*.*
O,SID=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EKCH\*.*
O,SID=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\ENBR\*.*
O,SID=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\ENGM\*.*
O,SID=.\BALTIC AND NORTH SEA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\ESSA\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDB\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDF\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDH\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDK\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDL\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDM\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDS\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDT\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\EDDV\*.*
O,SID=.\GERMAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\LFSB\*.*
O,SID=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YBBN\*.*
O,SID=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YMML\*.*
O,SID=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YPAD\*.*
O,SID=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YPPH\*.*
O,SID=.\AUSTRALIAN AIRPORTS SAMPLE\YSSY\*.*
O,SID=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYEG\*.*
O,SID=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYUL\*.*
O,SID=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYVR\*.*
O,SID=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYYC\*.*
O,SID=.\CANADA AIRPORTS SAMPLE\CYYZ\*.*
O,SID=.\Extreme Airports\*.*

As requested, thanks for you help BTW.

It's a bug, just delete all the subdirectories that AIController complains about, some of them are called "inactive", some are called other names.  Since the intent was for these sub-folders to hold inactive patterns, you're not losing much.

Can you email me your computer type and OS at my support address in the readme?  I think this only affects a handful of people, so if anyone else is experiencing the issue, please email me as well.

-Roland

Not a problem! My sim is down at the moment so I'm on here to pass the time while I reinstall  :lol:

Ok, I've replicated you're paths and fired up AIContoller with no errors.

Try this...

Go to the KJFK directory and delete the 3 folders in there (or move them to another location), leaving only the text files. Activate only KJFK in the approach and departure paths and try again. This should hopefully work.

EDIT: Roland beat me to it  :lol:

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg

Alright, trying this now will post back up with results.

Roland, Will do!

success! testing with ### AI v5.0 so far so good.

Roland I want to install on a separate pc, however I have ASN and widefs all running, this I can't.......... problem starts with the scenery.cfg all is shared etc and I can open it from the pc where I want to install AI controller.

message saying ensure the scenery path does not specify a absolute  local path for the file. The scenery file can easily be edited.

what does this mean?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Thanks very much Roland for the new update sound very promising, I've an issue here, as soon as I start AI controller from AI Monitor all ground traffic stop taxiing, any help?

Arslan Nouar

Roland, do you have the capability of increasing the wait time of AI aircraft that are momentarily static due to high amounts of AI traffic for more than 5 minutes before they disappear (P3D) in this utility?  I believe it's set at 5 minutes.  Needs to be longer for busy airports when AI gets stuck due to high amounts of AI traffic so a plane taxing that has not moved for a few minutes does not disappear.   

Alright, now ive run into a different issue linked with the sidstar converter. Maybe there is something im missing from the previous sidstar converter tutorial, but has anyone else had an issue during converting where the AIConv.exe has a problem and stops working for a certain area in the world? once i close program the converter continues until it finds another area that makes it stop working (im converting the entire pmdg sidstar database at once).

Alright, now ive run into a different issue linked with the sidstar converter. Maybe there is something im missing from the previous sidstar converter tutorial, but has anyone else had an issue during converting where the AIConv.exe has a problem and stops working for a certain area in the world? once i close program the converter continues until it finds another area that makes it stop working (im converting the entire pmdg sidstar database at once).

What airac version is being used? The current one 1502 should work no problems.

Jaime Boyle

pilotbanner.jpg