Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Roland I want to install on a separate pc, however I have ASN and widefs all running, this I can't.......... problem starts with the scenery.cfg all is shared etc and I can open it from the pc where I want to install AI controller.

message saying ensure the scenery path does not specify a absolute  local path for the file. The scenery file can easily be edited.

what does this mean?

Another user (Andy) experienced the same problem and found this workaround:   (1) you do NOT have to setup a network drive as mentioned in the readme, (2) instead in the AIMonitor config paths menu, browse the shared network folder pointing to FSX, (3) add it, (4) then add a slash to the end, and then (5) apply.  Let me know how that goes.  I'll revise the docs and revise AIMontior to add the last slash to network paths.

There is also apparently copying the wpnavrte.txt file for jetroutes from a network share.  Instead, manually copy this file to a temp directory on the networked machine, then in the AIMonitor config pahs menu, browse to this temp folder, press "Copy" and (if you want to merge with the oceanic waypoints) "Merge".

-Roland

I am current with 1502. Its only in certain area's. Should i have ticket the update airports database box? or included the runway.xml path?

I am current with 1502. Its only in certain area's. Should i have ticket the update airports database box? or included the runway.xml path?

It couldn't hurt to try that. I usually have those options ticked and I received no errors on 1502.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Thanks very much Roland for the new update sound very promising, I've an issue here, as soon as I start AI controller from AI Monitor all ground traffic stop taxiing, any help?

In the "Final Approach Options (Standard)" menu, disable (set to 0) "Detect User Landing - AI Taking Off Runway Incursions - Freeze AI".  Or, you can set the AGL value higher (e.g., 2000) so that you can fly around in a user aircraft at low altitude to observe AI activity at the airport.  I have this option enabled by default because I really dislike departing AI taxiing onto the runway when I'm landing, however, I'm beginning to think I should disable it by default (or increase the AGL default value).

-Roland

Good to know... i guess if i have issues while converting North America i will try that. Mainly just fly in the US and Europe. But have been known to try somewhere i've never been on occasion. Probably not enough to worry about doing it all over again.

Another user (Andy) experienced the same problem and found this workaround:   (1) you do NOT have to setup a network drive as mentioned in the readme, (2) instead in the AIMonitor config paths menu, browse the shared network folder pointing to FSX, (3) add it, (4) then add a slash to the end, and then (5) apply.  Let me know how that goes.  I'll revise the docs and revise AIMontior to add the last slash to network paths.

thanks so I did the following     \\Rick-pc\p3dv2.4\   only in p3dv2 program path. pressed apply, then it started to decompile ( something it did not do before ), but then at the end I got the error    Runway and taxi update failed to complete succesfully. I will try further.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

thanks so I did the following     \\Rick-pc\p3dv2.4\   only in p3dv2 program path. pressed apply, then it started to decompile ( something it did not do before ), but then at the end I got the error    Runway and taxi update failed to complete succesfully. I will try further.

Did the progress bar complete?  If so, start up AIController and give it a try.  Also, (if you haven't done so already) make sure AIMonitor is in P3D mode:  click the "FSX Mode (Click for P3D)" button, which will then change to "P3D Mode (Click for FSX)".

The taxi out is still under control of FSX, the taxi in is under the control of AIController (taxi out may be for the next version).  Can you verify RDU has a SID in the folder.  Sometimes a SID doesn't get converted because the only waypoint it has is at the airport.  Also check that the path to the SIDs has been added (and is checked) in the SIDs list box of AIMonitor.

So it appears I have found the issue because when I went to the major airports I was seeing no SIDS/STARS being assigned as I previously was. It appears the jet route path or something to do with the assignment of jet routes messed everything up. Once I deleted the jet route path everything went back to normal and SIDS/STARS were being assigned. If I want to use the jet route paths are there certain options that I need to have enabled? I am also using UT2 if that helps any. 

I am also using UT2 if that helps any.

There is an option to enable UT2 compatibility under basic options. Turn this option on, and also alter 'No STAR if arriving further than this distance' value to 70.

It sounds like a bit of a strange one, but try that and see how it goes.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Amazing. I recommend this addon for AVSIM Gold star award. It's amazing how much time and effort you invest in this and sharing it with your fellow simmers without expecting anything back. 

Thanks a lot mate.

Did the progress bar complete?  If so, start up AIController and give it a try.  Also, (if you haven't done so already) make sure AIMonitor is in P3D mode:  click the "FSX Mode (Click for P3D)" button, which will then change to "P3D Mode (Click for FSX)".

right, after consistently trying and re installing it's now decompiling. This is with only browsing to the shared P3dv2 (2.4) folder and add the slash and apply. This only worked after a 2nd restart of p3dv2.4, however is working now.

Next error I have now, is that when I have AI monitor open and want to start Ai controller it says;

ensure that the ai controller monitor program is in the same directory as the ai controller.exe file.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

Hi, 

I just downloaded this amazing software, thanks soo much - didn't get to use it yet - but will check in the evening.

One suggestion though..... Maybe Pete Dowson's "MakeRunways.exe" data could be of some use to your project (runway+airport data) to achieve correct runway Numbering incl. all installed freeware/payware data.....

Will this work with P3Dv2.5?

regards

Amazing Roland! Thank you so much. I second the nomination for Avsim Gold Award.

I have just downloaded it and will be testing. I am curious to see the implementation of AC animations.

Cheers

pfff someone managed to get it working networked. 

Roland many many thanks for the program, it must be me doing something wrong.....

Thanks Roland by that new version  ^_^

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.