Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Hey guys, regarding removing the STAR/SID/Approach files for ICAO(s) with no taxi data in P3D/FSX, I'm uploading a hot-fix soon that will just give you a warning and will list all the ICAO(s) with missing taxi data in one list.  Sorry for the delay (working on other bug-fixes as well - all the major ones reported in this thread). 

-Roland

After a Long time check, i figuered out some issues.

OK, thanks.  Let's take a look at this after the fix is uploaded.  The layering bug might be working its way into a lot of these issues you're seeing.  

-Roland

So it is not liking something on my network. I just don't know what.

Ok, the latest version (available soon) fixes the network path issues, it might help.

-Roland

Fault Module Name:    MSVCR100.dll

Max, although I haven't seen any compatibility issues with either of these programs, try it without the AITrafficManager or ASN and let me know how it goes.  I take it you're using the ASN open-beta for P3D v2.5, I haven't had the time to try it yet.  Please let me know how it goes.

-Roland

Great program. Unfortunately it seems to crash my P3D v2.5.

I've been able to replicate a CTD always at the same point (entering 27L in EGLL) with AIController active.

Five times in a row I got the following error:

The last message in AIController usually was about a conflict and removing an a/c from approach (probably when I entered the runway).

Actually, I think I was just able to duplicate this bug.  Thanks for reporting it.  Don't worry about removing any other programs for troubleshooting purposes, I was testing with AIController alone with P3D 2.5.

EDIT: found the problem, I'll include the fix in the new version I'm about to upload.  Thanks again for persevering with this and nailing the bug description.  Much appreciated.

-Roland

Hi Roland,

been pleasant to be working with your program the last couple of days, there where some minor things that stopped me ( but my computer knowledge is low ). Now it's working smooth on a networked system.

- the msvcr120.dll bug got it sorted thanks to you guys - Go to Control Panel/Region and Language/Formats tab and change to English ( my was Dutch ).

- The No taxi data you are already fixing.

- One more thing I can see, but according info from AIG forum you are aware, traffic is following stock afcad on payware airports.

all with all I am really enjoying watching AI following routes, using UT2 with only customized traffic and your program.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

found the problem, I'll include the fix in the new version I'm about to upload. Thanks again for persevering with this and nailing the bug description. Much appreciated.

Thanks Roland! That's great news. I can't wait to fly with your program again, it adds a lot to the AI experience :)

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Still have msvcr120.,dll error, after seting language to english.

Here is my *.ini file. Let me know if you need another file. Thank you very

much for your help.

/AISIDSTAR CONTROLLER INITIALIZATION FILE REV 1.4

//NOTE: This .ini file was automatically created by the AIMonitor program and
//      contains minimal commenting.
//
AIConfigLastUpdateTime=
AIStopProgram=

STAR=.\Argentina Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Brazil Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Chile Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Uruguay Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Caribe Airports\*.*
//STAR=.\US Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Canada Airports\*.*
//STAR=.\UK Airports\*.*
//STAR=.\Holand Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Bolivia Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Paraguai Airports\*.*
//STAR=.\Germany Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Peru Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Ecuador Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Colombia Airports\*.*
STAR=.\Nederlands Antilles\*.*
STAR=.\Mexico Airports\*.*

//***********************************************
//SIDs - enter the filenames of STARs.
//AISIDSTAR.exe will automatically pick the most
//suitable SID based on distance from AI aircraft
//to entry point.
//
//NO LIMIT on SIDs however if you enter too
//many results may become unpredictable.
//
//NOTE: use "comments" (e.g., "//") to disable/enable SIDs
//***********************************************

SID=.\Argentina Airports\*.*
SID=.\Brazil Airports\*.*
SID=.\Chile Airports\*.*
SID=.\Uruguay Airports\*.*
SID=.\Caribe Airports\*.*
//SID=.\US Airports\*.*
SID=.\Canada Airports\*.*
//SID=.\UK Airports\*.*
//SID=.\Holand Airports\*.*
SID=.\Bolivia Airports\*.*
SID=.\Paraguai Airports\*.*
//SID=.\Germany Airports\*.*
SID=.\Peru Airports\*.*
SID=.\Colombia Airports\*.*
SID=.\Nederlands Antilles\*.*
SID=.\Mexico Airports\*.*

DistMOE=1
DegreesMOE=
NoVectorAltitude=
NoVectorDistance=
AITurnScalar=
AISpeedScalar=
AIPatternAlt=
AIAscentDescentScalar=
AIMonitorRadius=
AIMaxSpawnDistanceFromSID=
AIMaxSpawnDistanceFromSTAR=
AISeparationDistance=
UserAISeparationDistance=
AIHoldingAllowed=
AICustomHold=
AIGoAroundLeaveArea=
AIAutoSTAR=
UT2Compatibility=
AITelemetry=
AIHighSampleRate=
Verbose=
Debug=
AIAllowPiston=
AIHoldingTurnScalar=
AITrafficSpeedAdjust=
AITurboPropSpeedAdjust=
AIPistonSpeedAdjust=
AIJetMaxAltitude=
AITurboPropMaxAltitude=
AIPistonMaxAltitude=
AIVectorSortPeriod=
AIMaxHolding=
AIReleaseTimerMax=
AIDecreasingTimedRelease=
AIForcedReleasePriority=
AITargetLandingRate=
AIMaxWanderTime=
AIAntiOffAngleApproach=
AICircleUntilAssignedRunway=
AIHoldForRunwayPattern=
AICirclingTimeNoRunway=
AIAntiScudRunner=
AIFinalApproachTooLow=
AIFinalApproachTooHigh=
AIAntiClosePair=
AIAntiRunwayIncursion=
AIFinalApproachUseFile=
AIFinalApproachAutoRecord=
AIRecordRollOutSpeed=
AIRecordFinalMaxTime=
AISpeedIAF=
AISpeed1700=
AISpeed1000=
AISpeed500=
AISpeedTouchDown=
AIFinalApproachSlowDownScalar=
AIRollOutSlowDownScalar=
AIRollOutTime=
AIIAFDetectionDelay=
AIImmediateForceLandAll=
AIFinalApproachGoArounds=
AIShortFinalRelease=
AIFinalPrecisionModeAlt=
AIFinalTurnScalar=
AIFinalAscentDescentScalar=
AILandWithoutClearance=
AIClimbOutHeight=
AIMaxSpawnDistanceFromAirport=
AIPerAircraftCalibration=
AITrafficPattern=
AIStraightInAngle=
AIJetRoutesEnabled=
AIAverageWinds=
AIJetRoutesFlightLevel=
AIJetRoutesLowerLimit_Jet=
AIJetRoutesUpperLimit_Jet=
AIJetRoutesLowerLimit_Prop=
AIJetRoutesUpperLimit_Prop=
AIMinTripLengthForJetRoutes=
AIJetRoutesTerminusRadius=
AIPreferredJetRoutes=
AIDisFavoredJetRoutes=
AIPreferredJetroutesScalar=
AIDisfavoredJetroutesScalar=
AIJetRoutesOnly=
AIJetRoutesOrigin=
AICull=
AICullHeight=
AIEnhancedApproach=
AIEnhancedFinalDist=
AIEnhancedFinalHeight=
AIEnhancedFinalTurnAngle=
AIEnhancedFinalBase=
AIEnhancedFinalStraightinAngle=
AIEnhancedRandom=
AIEnhancedTaxiSeparation=
AIEnhancedTaxiSpeed=
AIEnhancedMinRunwayLengthJet=
AIEnhancedMinRunwayLengthTurbo=
AIEnhancedMinRunwayLengthProp=
AIEnhancedMaxAIPerRunway=
AIEnhancedMaxHdgDifferenceForRunwayBalancing=
AIEnhancedRunwayIncursion=
AIEnhancedParkAfterArrivalTime=
AITaxiDeaccellScalar=
AITaxiAccellScalar=
AITaxiOffAngleSlowdown=
AITaxiOffAngleStop=
AITaxiDistMOE=
AITaxiDegreesMOE=
AITaxiDistRunwayExit=
AITaxiBearingRunwayExit=
AITaxiTurnScalar=
AITaxiCollisionAngle=
AICollisionDetect=
AIRampNoCollisionWaypoints=
AIEnhancedInjectDepartingAI=

I normally press on to the next version, but this revision addresses mostly bug-fixes, so  I'm staying at 1.4A.

Here's the links to the latest hotfix.

Hotfixed Files Only

Please see the first post for the download link and instructions for the full version 1.4A (required for hotfix).

To install the hotfix only: unzip the file into a temp directory.  Copy all four files (AIController.exe, AIMonitor.exe, AIConv.exe, Readme.pdf) and replace the existing files in the main AIController installation directory.  Additionally, copy AIConv.exe AGAIN and replace the existing AIConv.exe file in the SIDSTARConverter installation directory (if you have that utility installed).

Full 1.4A with Hotfix

To install the full version 1.4A with hotfix included, see the original post.  Make sure to uninstall the prior version of 1.4A first. After installation of the hotfix version, copy AIConv.exe from the main installation directory and replace the existing AIConv.exe file in the SIDSTARConverter installation directory (if you have that utility installed).   

Fixed:  Scenery-layer priority being applied incorrectly to taxi data in some circumstances.

Fixed:  International locale issue (comma-deliminated decimals) causing AIController to crash.  If you were still experiencing this issue at the time of the hotfix release, please delete the  following files (if present) in the AIController main installation directory before installing the hotfix:  AIControllerPath.txt, taxi_graph.txt, and jetroute_graph.txt.  If possible, also go to the Windows Control Panel/Region and Language/Formats tab and change to English.  However, if this is not practicable, the hotfix should be able to handle comma-deliminated decimals.

Fixed: International locale issue (special local characters) in SID/STAR/Approach path causing AIController to crash.

Fixed:  Anti landing AI incursion with user-aircraft taking off causing CTD (in FSX/P3D) in some circumstances.

Fixed AI on Ground Freezing When I Fly (or Slew) Around the Airport Observing AI Movements:  This is not a bug, but a normal option that was enabled by default.  I have changed the default to off (see "Detect User Landing - AI taking Off - Freeze AI" in Options/Final Options (Standard)).  

Fixed AIController Not Working on a Network Machine (Simconnect Client):  UNC formatted network addresses will now work.  Drive letter mapping not required.  Documentation revised.

Fixed Directory with No STAR File Error:  For some user machines, AIController is reading subfolders holding inactive patterns as a file, causing this error.  You will see the AIcontroller error statement "THIS ERROR USUALLY INDICATES ONE OF THE STAR PATH STATEMENTS ACCIDENTALLY POINTS TO A DIRECTORY WITH NO STAR FILE."  This should now be fixed.  Please email me if you continue to have problems with this issue.

Fixed Scenery Decompile Taking a Long Time.  

Fixed Enabling UT2 Compatiblity Flag Makes It Seem as If NO Jetroutes are being Assigned:  The text now indicates "UT2 Option Enabled - UT2 Jetroutes Only." 

Fixed AIController Can't Continue Because No Taxi Data for Monitored ICAO:  Latest navdata may include airports not in FSX/P3D stock scenery.  For example, PMDG's up to date AIRAC data includes an airport in Spain, 'LEDA'. This is a new airport that was opened in late 2010, and as such is not included in stock FSX. So when I am starting up AIController, it used to come up with an error there is no taxi data found and it cannot continue. Now, only a warning is provided (single list of all ICAO(s) with missing taxi data) and AIController will continue.

Fixed AI Stop and Start a Lot While Taxiing In:   Please see new default taxi-in values.  Taxiing AI now more likely to make sharp, continuous turns when necessary  without stopping.

Fixed:  AI on final approach start sharp turns too late causing over-correction.

Fixed:  AI heavies parking at medium and small-sized gates.  Also fixed small AI parking at heavy gates.

Fixed:  AIConv.exe error with some nav data files.

Still Working On:  Just After AIController Startup or During Windshifts at a Monitored Airport, AIController Recognizes some AI Are No Longer on the Correct STAR for the Landing Runway, However AIController Continues to Assign Wrong STAR for New AI.  Looking into this issue.  The STAR re-assignments may delay AI arrivals, but they will eventually arrive via the correct STAR.

For V1.4B:  reading aircraft configs to individualize rollout performance and enhance parking assignments.  Parked AI will always park at the correct gate heading.

-Roland

wow Roland, gonna give it a try tonight! many thanks.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Hello Guys,

Sorry for being so late to the party.

For those having AiConv.exe crash when converting SID/STAR files, you can click in the Close Program button in the Crash Info window.

The conversion process should continue.

The converter execute the AiConv.exe for each country (or state if you clicked the option), so by closing the program when it crashed it will only cancel the conversion of that country/state.

If you have any problems you can post it in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446398-sidstar-converter-for-aisidstar/

Hi Roland,

new ver. 14A works like a treat on the first glimpse! Thanks again for all the effort...

regards

Richi

My question is can I now use the PMDG Jet Route data with UT2 planes when the compatibility is enabled or is it best to just leave the PMDG Jet Route data out and use the UT2 jet routes?

I still can't get this to run.  When I try to start AI Controller I get a error message indicating this is not a valid Win32 application  "error code (0x80004005)  The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS". This is on one of my networked computers running XP 64.    I've updated VS to the latest and uninstalled and reinstalled using the hotfix, to no avail.

Regards, Kendall

I still can't get this to run.  When I try to start AI Controller I get a error message indicating this is not a valid Win32 application  "error code (0x80004005)  The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS". This is on one of my networked computers running XP 64.    I've updated VS to the latest and uninstalled and reinstalled using the hotfix, to no avail.

Oops, I meant to upload a WinXP only version (got some emails, but I have to target WinXP separately using my compiler).

Here you go (for WinXP users ONLY!!):  http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vigrtbrb942sb7/AIController14AWinXPOnly.zip

I don't have WinXP installed, so I don't know how it will run.  If it seems to run OK, I'll include it in the next version as an optional executable for WinXP users (I do understand that FSX/P3D users may tend to have older WinXP machines moved to network client duty).

-Roland