Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Hi Roland...

Still have the odd near orbit capable Turboprop..... have a look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwD0Mexs_kFCYkJLcHhjWmlGNWc/view?usp=sharing

kind regards

A couple of days ago I followed an A320 across Bass Strait (Melbourne to Launceston). I was cleared to 33,000 but the AI kept climbing. By the time I landed in Launceston the AI was at 75,000 and climbing heading for Antarctica (or Mars). Only occurs occasionally but when it does it is spectacular. 

Hi,

I had an earlier version running successfully in FSX and I have recently removed it and replaced it with the new beta version of AIController v1.14B (full version including Hot Fix 4).

Even with only one airport selected in the 'Departure and Approach paths' (PHNL) it took almost an hour to decompile the scenery file, when it crashed:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    AIMonitor.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.4.1.3
  Problem Signature 03:    551ba192
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.34209
  Problem Signature 06:    534894cc
  Problem Signature 07:    4527
  Problem Signature 08:    1f4
  Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.IOException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

A taxi_graph.txt file was created but I don't know if it is complete. Having gone to the airport in FSX AI Monitor is forcing another decompile ... still waiting.

Yesterday I had the SIDSTAR Converter crash on me 3 times although it seems to have kept going, despite the warnings, and converted all the PMDG Navdata or has it?

Am I doing something wrong? My PC is quite fast, so that isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance

Jack Ford

And me again too...

OK thanks....so this still looks like it is related to the "second choice" parking method (except perhaps the airbus being parked at a gate about 5 m too narrow?

thanks again for the update but I keep getting the MSVCP120.dll error when launching AiConv.... Windows 8.1 x64 Italian. Already tried the dot/comma trick with no luck....

Did you install the 32-bit VC++ redistributable directly available from MS (see the readme1st.txt file)?

and to add further the record - I also have the doggystyle parking and I don't have or use UT2.

Devin and Andy, was this happening during the "second choice" parking method too?

Still have the odd near orbit capable Turboprop..... have a look:

Thanks...looking into it.  Strange that it is under control of FSX at this point.  I guess the biggest issue would be whether it obtained that altitude before being released to FSX.

AI was at 75,000 and climbing heading for Antarctica (or Mars).

Was it under control of FSX or AIController, if AIController, was it assigned a jetroute?  

Devin and Andy, was this happening during the "second choice" parking method too?

I'm not sure Roland.  I was pretty sure it parked on top of one that was spawned at the airport and was sleeping (it didn't arrive recently, nor was it controlled by AICon).

I can run another test to be sure.

Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Did you install the 32-bit VC++ redistributable directly available from MS (see the readme1st.txt file)?

Affirmative, installed both x32 and x64 version....

"O" might be a trigger for locations with coordinates, then "PARK" for parkings", then a internal count number, then the coordinates followed by the gate number named by the AFD.
Then there are 3 values i cannot assign. Maybe anyone can help out.
The rest are gate radius in Meter, orientation in degrees and the parking codes.

OK, the glitch is, the Gate numbers are multiple times present!

Not a glitch, the parking name (e.g., gate "A") is there, just in numeric value.  Still though, this issue might be related to the actual bug.  BTW, here's the format:

O, index, lat, lon, parking number, ramp type, push back type, parking name, radius, heading, airline parking designators

chumley, on 07 Apr 2015 - 3:57 PM, said:

and to add further the record - I also have the doggystyle parking and I don't have or use UT2.

Can't really say as I only got the process working in the last week and that was using the latest version - Hotfix 4.

chumley, on 08 Apr 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

AI was at 75,000 and climbing heading for Antarctica (or Mars).

Was it under control of FSX or AIController, if AIController, was it assigned a jetroute?  

It was originally assigned a Jetroute but didn't notice who was in control as I was observing it on EFB map and had my hands full with the approach to YMLT. Will pay more attention in future if I see it again.

So I used the converter tool fr all the PMDG package and wanted to just copy and paste everything into the ini file, but I see that the ini file now gets overwritten every time I start the monitor, so is the only option adding these one by one through the interface or am I missing something?  It kind of defeats the purpose of the converter tool and it's neat feaures if I can't enable / select things in batch for the aicontroller to utilize.

Thanks in advance.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

So I used the converter tool fr all the PMDG package and wanted to just copy and paste everything into the ini file, but I see that the ini file now gets overwritten every time I start the monitor, so is the only option adding these one by one through the interface or am I missing something?  It kind of defeats the purpose of the converter tool and it's neat feaures if I can't enable / select things in batch for the aicontroller to utilize.

Thanks in advance.

If you are talking about the Sids and Stars - I copied the paths into the file 'AiController List.txt' and when you start AiController they show in the Departure and Approach paths under the options button on the AiMonitor screen. When you start AiController the new paths are recognised and are included in the setup and remain there until removed.

The .INI file is controlled by the Options button on AiMonitor screen.

Further to my earlier post, I now have data converted for the Caribbean and links to it are set and also in the AIControllerList.txt file.

This seems to be confirmed as the likely scenery files to be scanned in respect of this are in the AIControllerPath.txt file too.

The Scenery decompiler runs for over an hour and then shows a successful scan, despite no progress bar, but no  taxi_graph.txt file is produced.

Nor is it  tempted to overwrite if I place an empty taxi_graph.txt file in the AIControllerV14B folder as bait ;-)

I know this is great software which ran for me in earlier versions but I just can't get this one to work.

Help!

Jack Ford

Further to my earlier post, I now have data converted for the Caribbean and links to it are set and also in the AIControllerList.txt file.

This seems to be confirmed as the likely scenery files to be scanned in respect of this are in the AIControllerPath.txt file too.

The Scenery decompiler runs for over an hour and then shows a successful scan, despite no progress bar, but no  taxi_graph.txt file is produced.

Nor is it  tempted to overwrite if I place an empty taxi_graph.txt file in the AIControllerV14B folder as bait ;-)

I know this is great software which ran for me in earlier versions but I just can't get this one to work.

Help!

Do you have any scenery files outside of FSX that are being overlooked? I had two folders that would be reported as inaccessible. I tried a couple of options but to no avail. At the end of the day I don't remember why they were installed outside of FSX. When I moved them and and then had FSX re-identify them in the scenery.cfg the scan process went fairly quickly and ended up with a screen message to say the process had been completed (can't remember the words but it's obvious when it appears). 

I too didn't see activity in progress bar.

I would also note that before I moved the scenery folders and then ran AiController there was no 'taxi_graph.txt' file created. However, after the scenery changes this file was created and correctly populated.

Check the AiControllerPath.txt file and see if all thge scenery files in the scenery.cfg are listed and whether or not something like that below happens (I've only copied two of the lines for information showing what the lines should look like.

SPath=E:\FSX\Addon Scenery\VABB\Scenery
TAXI=YMLT,E:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_AIRPORTS\scenery\ORBX_YMLT_APX.BGL

I also tried the blank file as bait and even threatened to disembowel the machine but neither worked for me.

Chumley,  Thanks for the suggestion:

I have no sceneries 'outside' of FSX root.

My AiControllerPath.txt contains over 200 SPath= entries, default and otherwise, for what I presume are likely files that will contain taxiway and runway info for my selected Caribbean area search.

It also contains just 1  TAXI= entry for the only airfield in the newly produced taxi_graph.txt despite the scenery decompiling process taking nearly 2 hours and reporting itself as successful.

I am loosing the will to live ;-)

Jack Ford

OK Jackcford, I have just forced the update of the runway and taxi data on my FSX machine (I actually run the program on a networked client and that was when I didn't see the progress bar) and it did the job recreating the taxi_graph.txt and other files along the way finishing with a message 'runway and taxi data update successful'.

Can you post some lines from your AiControllerPath.txt file? It might shed some light on the issue - if not for me perhaps someone else. It sounds like a path issue from my experience (limited to making my own installation work).

I have no sceneries 'outside' of FSX root.

My AiControllerPath.txt contains over 200 SPath= entries, default and otherwise, for what I presume are likely files that will contain taxiway and runway info for my selected Caribbean area search.

It also contains just 1  TAXI= entry for the only airfield in the newly produced taxi_graph.txt despite the scenery decompiling process taking nearly 2 hours and reporting itself as successful.

Jack, send me an email a AIController2 at gmail dot com with these files attached:  AIControllerPath.txt, AIController.ini, and AIControllerList.txt.   I'll take a look.

-Roland