Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

I don't have this Orbx scenery, so I'm hesitant to upload this fix without someone testing it. Could you please give it a try? Thanks!

looks good - (tested local and "networked") all errors I get is for 2 UTX directories.

I checked them and discoverd that ALL .bgl files where "disabled" (.xxx) - I suppose this whas by installing/enabling ORBX Vector.

I really appreceate your hard work towards making AI traffic in FSX behaving more real

happy landings :rolleyes:

Juergen

Found the problem!

Activated the Local Policy for file access for all the P3D folder, and watched as each file was accessed.

AIMonitor stops after accessing a specific bgl file, namely "coolconeslib.bgl".

It's from a freeware scenery pack for Coolangata airport in Australia (YBCG) from AVSIM. The scenery zip file is called goldcoastairport.zip and it's by John Ross.

Very good to know.  Great all-around tip for auditing file access.  The new logging feature in AIMonitor (verbose mode enabled) should also give file access info., but a log generated directly by the OS would still have advantages.

good hint - I also found such a culprit far a freeware LJLJ avsim - File was ljlj2012f.zip, offending file is ljlj_afd.bgl which isn't recognised be ADE as an afcad - the decompile waited hours tryin' to read it

Thanks!  Good idea double-checking whether ADE can decompile (import) the same BGL file!  Maybe I should add a bgl exclude list - I already have two file names that I'm pretty sure should go on the list out-of-box.

EDIT: actually now that I know these file names I'm going to make sure AIMonitor doesn't stall when scanning them.

I had the same issue as Chumley and Viper. I used SCE to add "\scenery" to the ORBX (aka FTX) scenery that AIM was having an issue with. I had an issue with: "FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY". Prior to the test version, to get AIM to read the scenery, I had to change the entry to: ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY\scenery.

Yep, that was the problem....the "scenery" at the end of "FTX_NA_CRM05_SCENERY" was mistakenly identified as the scenery subfolder, so when you added the "\scenery" that allowed AIMonitor to correctly identify the scenery folder.

I checked them and discoverd that ALL .bgl files where "disabled" (.xxx) - I suppose this whas by installing/enabling ORBX Vector.

I'm glad you have ORBX Vector, could you (or anyone having Vector) please verify the AI is landing and taxiing around OK at an airport with Vector corrected elevation?  Make sure you perform a "force update" with the AIMonitor from the "HF7Test" file I just uploaded.  

EDIT: this file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bou45s96ubf5mzz/AIMonitor_HF7Test.zip

Hey Roland any help with the other issue I mentioned? Can't get the NavDataPro data imported into the Aicontroller folder. Cheers!

Hey Roland any help with the other issue I mentioned? Can't get the NavDataPro data imported into the Aicontroller folder. Cheers!

Hi, 

I don't use the NavDataPro, and don't know how it works.... - can you use it with the PMDG aircraft? 

You need the dataformat for the PMGD Navdata - and point to the PMDG Navdata folder..... I guess then it should work. 

With the Navigraph Navdata one has seperate installers for all the different addons - so even if you don't own a PMDG product, one could still install the Navdata to a "fake" PMDG Navdata folder...... could you do that with NavDataPro? and then point to the PMDG Navdata folder......

regards

chumley, on 10 May 2015 - 9:55 PM, said:

Below is an excerpt from the Scenery.cfg file  for one of the paths. It resides in E:\FSX:

[Area.216]
Title=FTXAU15_SCENERY
Local=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAU15_SCENERY
Layer=213
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

I don't have this Orbx scenery, so I'm hesitant to upload this fix without someone testing it.  Could you please give it a try?  Thanks!

Checked out the new AiMonitor and it worked for 6 of the 7 identified folders.

Closer examination showed the scenery folder it didn't work on was one which was empty other than an advisory text file. I moved a .bgl into it and it worked flawlessly. 

However, in an attempt to take this folder out of the equation I deactivated it and ran AiMonitor. The message was displayed as though it were active. Is the scan and decompile action supposed to ignore deactivated lines in the scenery.cfg? 

I guess the solution to this is to have the scan process ignore folders without a .bgl file present but I would suggest it should also ignore deactivated scenery files.

Anyway, thanks for the prompt attention to this matter.

Hi, 

I don't use the NavDataPro, and don't know how it works.... - can you use it with the PMDG aircraft? 

You need the dataformat for the PMGD Navdata - and point to the PMDG Navdata folder..... I guess then it should work. 

With the Navigraph Navdata one has seperate installers for all the different addons - so even if you don't own a PMDG product, one could still install the Navdata to a "fake" PMDG Navdata folder...... could you do that with NavDataPro? and then point to the PMDG Navdata folder......

regards

Hi mate,

Yes you can use it with the PMDG aircraft. The software will read all your addons and display them in a list so you can choose which ones to install the nav data for.

I use it only for ProAtcX as I don't have any PMDG aircraft. They way I understand it, it should work the same for Aicontroller?

When I set the input and output folders, select seperate by region or whatever it was (sorry I'm at work) and then click convert, it starts the process and I can see the folders being added into the Aicontroller folder. But as soon as it's done, all the folders dissapear! :huh:

Hi mate,

Yes you can use it with the PMDG aircraft. The software will read all your addons and display them in a list so you can choose which ones to install the nav data for.

I use it only for ProAtcX as I don't have any PMDG aircraft. They way I understand it, it should work the same for Aicontroller?

When I set the input and output folders, select seperate by region or whatever it was (sorry I'm at work) and then click convert, it starts the process and I can see the folders being added into the Aicontroller folder. But as soon as it's done, all the folders dissapear! :huh:

AiController needs the PMDG file format of the navdata - no way around that for the moment, you can not simply set it to another navdata format and hope it knows how to interpret that format...

If you can, as I said before - try to install your Navdata for PMDG Aircraft (if needed, maybe create a "fake" PMDG folder if you dont own a PMDG Aircraft to that so you receive the format AIController is looking for....

and then point AIcontroller to that "fake" PMDG\Navdata folder

regards

AiController needs the PMDG file format of the navdata - no way around that for the moment, you can not simply set it to another navdata format and hope it knows how to interpret that format...

If you can, as I said before - try to install your Navdata for PMDG Aircraft (if needed, maybe create a "fake" PMDG folder if you dont own a PMDG Aircraft to that so you receive the format AIController is looking for....

and then point AIcontroller to that "fake" PMDG\Navdata folder

regards

Ohh right! Sorry I think I completely misunderstood your first post.

Well unfortunately with NavDataPro I don't think that's possible, because to install the data it looks for a PMDG.zip file, which obviously is not there.

Is there any other way for me to do this? Would be a shame if not!  :mellow:

Ohh right! Sorry I think I completely misunderstood your first post.

Well unfortunately with NavDataPro I don't think that's possible, because to install the data it looks for a PMDG.zip file, which obviously is not there.

Is there any other way for me to do this? Would be a shame if not!  :mellow:

Well, I'd go and purchase one of PMDG's absolutely wounderful Aircraft.... :wub:

but thats me.... :ph34r:

p.s: they are well worth their money.... :rolleyes:

regards

I'm glad you have ORBX Vector, could you (or anyone having Vector) please verify the AI is landing and taxiing around OK at an airport with Vector corrected elevation? Make sure you perform a "force update" with the AIMonitor from the "HF7Test" file I just uploaded.

I'll try to find one - problem is, that for nearly every decent addon airport you've to deactivate the respective AEC file to make the airport work as designed ,-)

Hi Roland, thanks for the fast fix!

Indeed, the orbx scenery bug seems to be fixed.

What I can say so far: AIController has it's problems reading these 4 SIDSTAR foldernames: Curaçao, Côte_dIvoire, Perú and Réunion.

I had to remove the "special" characters and replace them with "normal" letters.

Regards, Sebastian

Hi Roland!

I tested a little with ORBX Vector KPIT and couldn't find any AI flaws beside so few "strange detours/directs" which I also encounter on airports without AEC - so it seems to be no prob.

regards

juergen

Hey Roland.

Did a few tests with Vector on LIPZ and LOWW, seems all is well.

On the other hand, not Vector related, is there a way to force the approach autogen to do right hand circuits instead of left?

With LPMA, the AI always goes over the island mountains (5000 ft) instead of going over the ocean as per plates.

Cheers.

On the other hand, not Vector related, is there a way to force the approach autogen to do right hand circuits instead of left?
With LPMA, the AI always goes over the island mountains (5000 ft) instead of going over the ocean as per plates.

I've not tested there yet for myself but had a quick look in my AFCAD - there is a left pattern for rwy 5, maybe changing that to right (and vice versa for 23) will help

Indeed, the orbx scenery bug seems to be fixed.

What I can say so far: AIController has it's problems reading these 4 SIDSTAR foldernames: Curaçao, Côte_dIvoire, Perú and Réunion.
I had to remove the "special" characters and replace them with "normal" letters.

That's great.  Regarding the special characters, I thought I had that fixed (I'll look at it again).

I tested a little with ORBX Vector KPIT and couldn't find any AI flaws beside so few "strange detours/directs" which I also encounter on airports without AEC - so it seems to be no prob.

Very good, thanks for looking into that.

Cheers.

Yes, just specify Enhance Mode 2 in Options\Enhance Mode\Approach and Final.  Mode 2 is the same as Mode 1 except that AIController will generate only a left-hand OR right-hand parametric approach for each runway according to whether the FSX or P3D scenery specifies a left-hand or right-hand pattern for the runway.

Note: the left-hand and right-hand pattern flags should already be set in the scenery, but can be modified using, for example, the the Airport Design Editor X utility.

-Roland