Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Anybody else having an issue with AIMonitor HF9 not appearing after starting?  It shows in processes (then drops off)but not under applications in task manager. AIMonitor log says "Components Initialized." Tried just the HF9 download.

Do you see it in the task bar?  It's probably minimized and won't come back up?  Check the readme file...it tells you how to get it back up.  I'm not at my home computer right now, so I can't remember the key presses, but I think it's "Alt-Space" if I recall correctly.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Do you see it in the task bar?  It's probably minimized and won't come back up?  Check the readme file...it tells you how to get it back up.  I'm not at my home computer right now, so I can't remember the key presses, but I think it's "Alt-Space" if I recall correctly.

No its not that.  It doesn't get that far.  It shows in processes for about 15-20 seconds then disappears.  AIController runs fine on its own

Running FSX Windows7 64bit

Anybody else having an issue with AIMonitor HF9 not appearing after starting?  It shows in processes (then drops off)but not under applications in task manager. AIMonitor log says "Components Initialized." Tried just the HF9 download.

It must be having a problem loading the AIControllerList.txt file.  Can you email that file to me at AIController2 (at) gmail.com?  Thanks!

It must be having a problem loading the AIControllerList.txt file.  Can you email that file to me at AIController2 (at) gmail.com?  Thanks!

Yup, thats what it was, i was checking that as this post came in.  thanks and sorry to bother with a non issue

AIC-controlled AI-aircrafts still don't detect the user-aircraft for me. I just tried a simple test ::

I've placed the user-aircraft on a RWY, waiting for an AI approach. Without running AIC, the FSX-controlled ai-aircraft performs a go-around, as it should. But running AIC, the AIC-controlled AI-aircraft doesn't perform a go-around. Instead of this, it continues the approach with landing - streight crashing into the user-aircraft  :o .

I've placed the user-aircraft on a RWY, waiting for an AI approach. Without running AIC, the FSX-controlled ai-aircraft performs a go-around, as it should. But running AIC, the AIC-controlled AI-aircraft doesn't perform a go-around. Instead of this, it continues the approach with landing - streight crashing into the user-aircraft 

Did you turn the Anti-Incursion options on in the Standard Final Approach options?  Is is disabled by default.   The user aircraft also needs to be in a runway entry configuration - landing and strobe lights with a speed less the 10 knots.  That way, when the user aircraft starts gaining speed on the rollout any AI landing behind you can continue on short final without needlessly going-around.

Have just reinstalled on a fresh Windows installation. When I try to use AiController from AiMonitor it fails to load wanting MSVCP120.dll. It tells me to reinstall which I have but still get the same message.  I checked my installation on the main machine and the file is present in SysWOW64 folder. Not sure where it comes from but it's definitely not loaded on the Network machine.

What to do? 

Have just reinstalled on a fresh Windows installation. When I try to use AiController from AiMonitor it fails to load wanting MSVCP120.dll. It tells me to reinstall which I have but still get the same message.  I checked my installation on the main machine and the file is present in SysWOW64 folder. Not sure where it comes from but it's definitely not loaded on the Network machine.

What to do? 

Try copying that ddl file to the AIController folder. That should work.

What to do? 

It have been discussed many times, this dll is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.

So, obviously you need to (re)install this package.

You also need the 32bit package. A 64bit package only will not work.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

You also need the 32bit package. A 64bit package only will not work.

Thank you. Been a while since I first installed.

That's now done but Simmconnect isn't playing so I'll have to trawl back through this thread for the answer.

Make sure Acceleration or at least SP1 and SP2 are installed for FSX.

Hi Roland, I emailed you while Avsim was down the last couple of days. Didn't hear back from you so I'm just going to copy that email over here.

I have downloaded the latest Hotfix 9, and there are still some issues I'm having with it.

Firstly while doing the tutorial flight for the PMDG 737 NGX, EGKK-EHAM, loading up AIMonitor with London and Amsterdam selected in the Sid/Star section, Aicontroller gives a message about broken runway links at the said 2 airports, and others as well I think.

Now while sitting on the runway threshold of 8R I did notice a few planes taking off from 8L and being assigned sids. And also a few on the monitor that were assigned stars, and assigned to 8R but they never make it to the airport. Mind you I have not activated the runway incursion setting and I am not in takeoff configuration at this point. I have emailed you the taxi_graph file.

I have noticed this with other airports as well. Where the AI is assigned a star, but they always make the initial approach way too high, and then I suppose they get put in a holding pattern or something, but a lot of them never turn up. On super traffic board I end up with a huge list of Cancelled flights!

I think this may be to do with setting up the options correctly, but it happens on default options as well.

Would be great if you or someone else can guide me through the process of setting up the options, I would appreciate it big time!

Make sure Acceleration or at least SP1 and SP2 are installed for FSX.

They were installed but the Simconnect.cfg had the protocol set to Auto rather than IPv4. Once changed it burst to life.

Hi Roland, I emailed you while Avsim was down the last couple of days. Didn't hear back from you so I'm just going to copy that email over here.

I have downloaded the latest Hotfix 9, and there are still some issues I'm having with it.

Firstly while doing the tutorial flight for the PMDG 737 NGX, EGKK-EHAM, loading up AIMonitor with London and Amsterdam selected in the Sid/Star section, Aicontroller gives a message about broken runway links at the said 2 airports, and others as well I think.

Now while sitting on the runway threshold of 8R I did notice a few planes taking off from 8L and being assigned sids. And also a few on the monitor that were assigned stars, and assigned to 8R but they never make it to the airport. Mind you I have not activated the runway incursion setting and I am not in takeoff configuration at this point. I have emailed you the taxi_graph file.

I have noticed this with other airports as well. Where the AI is assigned a star, but they always make the initial approach way too high, and then I suppose they get put in a holding pattern or something, but a lot of them never turn up. On super traffic board I end up with a huge list of Cancelled flights!

I think this may be to do with setting up the options correctly, but it happens on default options as well.

Would be great if you or someone else can guide me through the process of setting up the options, I would appreciate it big time!

Thanks for the file. Yes, there are definitely broken links on 8R/26L. What scenery is it? The designer is probably breaking the runway links to prevent the AI from making extremely sharp turns when exiting the runway. AIController prevents AI from making sharp runway exits without this hack to the runway links.  If AIController detects broken runway links, it will pick the longest of the broken links for landing, but the AI might come in high and perform very short rollouts. The best option is to make your own custom ADEX edit by simply connecting up the runway links as normal.

Regarding the high AI on initial approach, they are probably going around due to departing traffic or incursion with other AI on final for the same runway. AIController is capable of directing the AI to go-around much earlier than the FSX go-around. Thus, by the time the going-around AI passes the runway threshold, it may be several thousand feet high as it performs its rectangular go-around pattern.

-Roland