Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Hi All,

I direct this question to all since this may have been answered before perhaps many times. I use UT2 for my AI traffic however I choose not to enable this option in the AI Monitor settings because the cruise flight levels are usually all over the place and most are flying NON RVSM compliant altitudes. 

The AI monitor appears to be managing route assignment well and I don't seem to be having any issues with not setting the UT2 compatibility. However I have noticed the AI Monitor is not assigning the flight levels or if it is not assigning an RVSM level, eg AI traveling east are assigned a route at evens flight levels or west bound to odds. I know UT2 flight plans don't use RVSM levels but when under the AI Monitor control I thought the aircraft would be assigned correctly.

I have left most settings to default so is there something I have missed and need to select or set in the settings.

ps I do remember Roland was looking into this issue sometime ago.

thanks

dw 

Did you turn the Anti-Incursion options on in the Standard Final Approach options? Is is disabled by default.

Thanks - sorry, I didn't know that. I've now put "Anti-Incursion Threshold Altitude" to 300 ft AGL and "Anti-Incursion Threshold Distance" to 1 nm.(hope that are useful values). Now landing AI-aircrfts no longer crashes into my user-aircraft. (BTW I just noticed they don't go around, as discribed, but they just disapear at me).

But still, I have the same problem with taxi-in AI-aircrafts They don't detect my user-aircraft during taxiing and don't stop at me. I have "Taxi Collision Detection" enabled (as default), do I have to edit other options for detecting taxiing aircrafts ?

AI Aircraft never comes down to earth but will freezed at about 2800ft anywhere above the Runway and wait for taxiing (that not happens).

When you see something like that it means the AI tried to get down onto the runway but for some reason didn't have enough distance to do so.  Were you by any chance changing the generic pattern values, like final distance and base distance?  In the next hotfix, I'm going to lower the default altitude the final starts.  I've noticed the AI tends to come in a bit too steeply.  Edit:  also if the AI freezes like that it should be deleted after about 2 minutes using default settings.

Currently i have the odd issue, that at TNCM (FlyTampa) the UT2 KLM 747-400 decellerates after landing, but soon before it stops she accellerate again to hyperspeed and dissappers in the mountain...

It sounds like AIC tried to delete the 747 for some reasons (conflict?, heavy gates full?), but couldn't.  Was the FSUIPC link active (AIC uses the FSUIPC AI delete utility).  If AIC can't delete the AI using FSUIPC, as a fallback AIC "teleports" the AI out of the user area to get rid of it. 

It seemed quite random. No specific phase of flight, not at similar times into the session. I never had any issues with this in HF9.

In the next hot fix, I'm dialing back the multi-threading.  Although I don't think your issue is related, it is worth a try.  Plus, my current thinking is that HF10 when past the point of diminishing returns with parallelism at the expense of complexity (and thus unforeseen crash risk), so I'm going to dial it back some.  

Are you using any anti-virus programs?  AIC and AIM now communicate via memory pipes and if an anti-virus program is flagging that communication it could cause problems.  I've personally had the most problems with Avast being over-aggressive and flagging code (silently in gaming mode) I developed myself!  Beyond my narrow concerns, perhaps that is a good thing though!

is there a way in which aircraft under the control of AiController on the ground can be prevented from stopping every time an AI aircraft is landing or taking off? At busy airports this gets to be a problem.

Yes.  Settings\Options\Final Approach and Anti-Incursion\Anti-Incursion Options --> set both options (alt and distance) to zero.  Alternatively, you can decrease the values to make anti-incursion detection more selective.

However I have noticed the AI Monitor is not assigning the flight levels or if it is not assigning an RVSM level, eg AI traveling east are assigned a route at evens flight levels or west bound to odds.

Thanks for pinging me about this again.  I took another look and found some bugs that will be fixed in the next version (due soon).  For some reason this is an issue (flight level calculation) that I've had problems straightening out completely.  The altitude assignments should be better though after the fix.

When you see something like that it means the AI tried to get down onto the runway but for some reason didn't have enough distance to do so.  Were you by any chance changing the generic pattern values, like final distance and base distance?  In the next hotfix, I'm going to lower the default altitude the final starts.  I've noticed the AI tends to come in a bit too steeply.  Edit:  also if the AI freezes like that it should be deleted after about 2 minutes using default settings.

Yes, currently i use a Final Distance of 15 nM (default was 5 or 10 nM?) and an angle of 30°. For the Enhanced Autogen Approach it looks good so far (beside of the reported issue) but the Enhanced GA Autogen Approach fails

With this background, the traffic should have enough distance to capture the glideslope at 3000 ft

But  at the other hand, at TNCM i use a custom hand made final, so the undisturbed approach is not affected.

It sounds like AIC tried to delete the 747 for some reasons (conflict?, heavy gates full?), but couldn't.  Was the FSUIPC link active (AIC uses the FSUIPC AI delete utility).  If AIC can't delete the AI using FSUIPC, as a fallback AIC "teleports" the AI out of the user area to get rid of it. 

I cannot find a reason to delete the 747. There are 3 38 Meter Gates, only one ocopied by Jet Blue at this time. FSUIPC link should be also active as i own the registered copy. But i will check this again. Maybe something is broken after the update.

Nevertheless the B747 is allowed to taxi, as mentioned, free gates, no conflict. At least nothing that will be reported by AIC.

Still a miracle.

But still, I have the same problem with taxi-in AI-aircrafts They don't detect my user-aircraft during taxiing and don't stop at me. I have "Taxi Collision Detection" enabled (as default), do I have to edit other options for detecting taxiing aircrafts ?

Try increasing "Taxi Minimum Separations (feet)" just below the "Taxi Collision Detection" enabled box.  AIC uses this distance and also tries to determine if the AI and user are currently on a collision course.  It is this second part that is more problematic.  Head-on type collisions are easier to detect ahead of time, but collisions where the aircraft are approaching each other at 90 deg. or less is a bit harder.  I'll take a look at that section of code.

Just installed this program to work with MyTraffic6 and had a few questions.

1)  Can this program run along side Air Traffic Manager so that it can remove aircraft above a specific threshold?  Perhaps AI Controller already culls the traffic to preserve framerates and this can be controlled?

2)  Second, can AI Controller run on WindowsXP?  I wanted to run it on my second machine but the program said that AIController was not a valid Win32 program.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1)  Can this program run along side Air Traffic Manager so that it can remove aircraft above a specific threshold?  Perhaps AI Controller already culls the traffic to preserve framerates and this can be controlled?

Yes, it should run fine along Air Traffic Manager.  I think the only side effect could be Manager tends to delete more distant AI, so that the remaining AI will tend to be closer to the monitored airport and will have less time to fly the STAR, possibly affecting AI spacing.  I'm not really sure the side effect is noticeable though.

AIController has a cull function (settings\options\custom AI traffic density) that culls AI not departing from or arriving at a monitored airport (except optionally for AI at flight levels).   Thus, full STAR/SID service can be maintained at monitored airports while culling traffic elsewhere.  However, more monitored airports means generally less culling.   

There's also a separate cull utility in the avsim lib (aicullv11.zip) that gives the user more flexibility to cull traffic at any ICAO (including monitored airports) on-the-fly.

Second, can AI Controller run on WindowsXP?  I wanted to run it on my second machine but the program said that AIController was not a valid Win32 program.

Yes.  Look in the WinXP folder for the WinXP-targeted .exe files AIController_WinXP and AIConv_WinXP.exe.  Rename them AIController.exe and AIConv.exe and copy them into the main folder replacing the existing files.   If haven't received much feedback on the XP versions (I don't have XP myself), so I'm not sure how well they will work.  Please let me know, thanks!

-Roland

Yes, it should run fine along Air Traffic Manager.  I think the only side effect could be Manager tends to delete more distant AI, so that the remaining AI will tend to be closer to the monitored airport and will have less time to fly the STAR, possibly affecting AI spacing.  I'm not really sure the side effect is noticeable though.

AIController has a cull function (settings\options\custom AI traffic density) that culls AI not departing from or arriving at a monitored airport (except optionally for AI at flight levels).   Thus, full STAR/SID service can be maintained at monitored airports while culling traffic elsewhere.  However, more monitored airports means generally less culling.   

There's also a separate cull utility in the avsim lib (aicullv11.zip) that gives the user more flexibility to cull traffic at any ICAO (including monitored airports) on-the-fly.

Yes.  Look in the WinXP folder for the WinXP-targeted .exe files AIController_WinXP and AIConv_WinXP.exe.  Rename them AIController.exe and AIConv.exe and copy them into the main folder replacing the existing files.   If haven't received much feedback on the XP versions (I don't have XP myself), so I'm not sure how well they will work.  Please let me know, thanks!

-Roland

Worked OK in v14B until at least Hotfix 6 when I moved from my XP networked laptop to the current Win 7 networked machine. 

-Roland

Awesome, thanks Roland.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm using HF10.

I just saw something odd at KLAX. FAIB 737s landing at 24R, taxing off and holding short of taxiway S (alongside westside TBIT). Then suddenly starts rolling very quickly and make a landing roll with braking action. Then wandering around for a minute then resume normal taxi operations.

Another thing, most flight are being stuck at the airport as there will be no following departures assigned. In the Traffic Explorer, those planes appears with questionsmarks ? ? ? ? ?. I already have sent you a screenshot, Roland.

Any news on this, Roland? Have you found it?

Thank you!

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Try increasing "Taxi Minimum Separations (feet)" just below the "Taxi Collision Detection" enabled box.

Just increased the value at 500 ft. At first look it seems to work now - even at 90 deg. !

It sounds like AIC tried to delete the 747 for some reasons (conflict?, heavy gates full?), but couldn't. Was the FSUIPC link active (AIC uses the FSUIPC AI delete utility). If AIC can't delete the AI using FSUIPC, as a fallback AIC "teleports" the AI out of the user area to get rid of it.

I cannot find a reason to delete the 747. There are 3 38 Meter Gates, only one ocopied by Jet Blue at this time. FSUIPC link should be also active as i own the registered copy. But i will check this again. Maybe something is broken after the update.

Nevertheless the B747 is allowed to taxi, as mentioned, free gates, no conflict. At least nothing that will be reported by AIC.

Still a miracle.

OK, here i think, after dozends of landings, this issue is regarded to my AFD of TNCM.

While i try to separate the narrowbidys from the widebodys (only the widebodys shall roll to the end of the runway and turn there to roll back)  something is not working.

At a certain roll out value (0.7 in my case) the narrows stopping , rolling to the first turning bay and do a perfect right hand turn.

Only the widebodys miss the first turning bay, what is intended, and shall roll to the second turning bay at the end of the runway.

And this is not working.

So, i have still to find out if i made a mistake by "optimizing" the AFD or if the converter fails to read those appearance of taxyways.

To be continued... :mellow:

How do you get all SIDS/STARS added.  I tried pointing to the external navdata file but the program didn't seem to like it (might be networked permissions issue).  Is that all there is to it?

Mark W   CYYZ      

A new beta version of AIController v1.14B (full version including Hot Fix 11) is available at the following link:

A new beta version of AIController v1.14B (only Hot Fix 11) is available at the following link:

Please do not mix with any version of 1.4A or earlier.  Instead, install into a separate directory for testing.  All hot fixes are cumulative.

IMPORTANT:  Hotfix 11 changes some default settings.  After installation, please select "Options\Reset Options to Default" and run a "Force Update Runway and Taxi Data".  Also requires Microsoft .NET 4.0 or greater and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package x86 (vcredist_x86.exe) as discussed in the readme1st.txt file.

Hot Fix 11 Fixes:

FIXED:  only full-downwind was selected in generic approach mode.

FIXED:  jetroute altitudes not correct for east/west directions.

FIXED:  AI Monitor crashed when AI Controller stopped.

FIXED:  MyTraffic 6 Heavies sometimes taxiing strange (e.g., leaving taxiway) due to unexpected parameter values in aircraft.cfg.

FIXED:  AI sometimes stopping on runway holding short for landing/departing traffic.

FIXED:  Final approach glide-path angle reduced for generic approaches (default values) and initial altitudes reduced (default values).

FIXED:  AI-user separation and AI-AI separation in AIMonitor took same value.

CHANGED:  multi-threading dialed back just a bit.

PRIOR HOTFIXES

Prior New Features Log

NEW:  HF10 performance mods.  Reduced disk I/O between AIM and AIC.  Now data exchanged via memory (note:  AIM/AIC are .exe files and take no virtual address space from FSX/P3D).  Multi-threading to spread CPU loading. "Fast jet route calculation" mode (enabled by default) that uses less CPU cycles when calculating jet routes, especially after the program has been running awhile.  Because "fast" calculation is less accurate, there will also be more instances of the program not being able to find a jet route for a particular AI and thus releasing said AI back to FSX during the enroute portion.

NEW:  Generic pattern mode:  just enter ICAO of monitored airport - no external nav data required (e.g., no SID or STAR files).  Good for users who just want to use AIController to separate arriving AI and increase landing rates without the need to work with SID/STAR/Approach files.  AIController in this "easy" mode will automatically organize AI into arrival traffic patterns that can be adjusted by the user (e.g., final approach distance, base length, final height, spacing, etc.). 

NEW:  Parking space of user's aircraft is now detected preventing AI from parking in the same space as the user's aircraft.

NEW:  No sharp turns (90 degree OR LESS) when landing AI exits runway (if feasible) in contrast to stock FSX ATC control.

NEW:  AIController now checks for broken runway links.  Some scenery designers follow the practice of purposely BREAKING runway waypoint links (e.g., Latin VFR KMIA). AIController now detects broken runway links at startup and warns the user.  Run AIController in verbose mode (verbose = 1) to get more detail regarding broken links.  Additionally, run AIController in debug mode (debug = 1) to log to file.  AIController will then use the "longest" unbroken link, which is most cases is satisfactory.  NOTE 1:  the root cause of this situation can be remedied by the user simply connecting up ALL of the runway waypoints in a utility like Airport Design Editor X.  However, the scenery designer probably decided to break the runway links in the first place to avoid the AI making sharp turns when exiting the runway, but as discussed above, AIController HF7 does not suffer this drawback.  NOTE 2: if there is any add-on airport where AIController failed to assign final approaches in the past or where the AI was acting strangely approaching or landing on the runway, this might have been the cause. Please run a "Force Update" after installing this hot fix and try it again.

NEW:  AIController now warns the user if AIController is unable to create landing data for a particular runway.  Typically this is due to a purposeful decision by the scenery designer when creating the runway (e.g., a "fake" runway to create multiple crosswind landing runways).  Note: AIController does NOT need to rely upon "fake" runways to provide cross-wind landings -- use the Force Landing Runways option instead).

NEW:  AIMonitor scenery decompile reads whether the primary and secondary (reciprocal) runways are closed to landings.  If so, no approaches/finals will be selected for that runway.  NOTE 1:  due to this new feature, AIMonitor now includes additional information in the taxi_graph.txt file, please perform a "Force Update of Runway and Taxi Data" in the options menu after installing this hotfix.  NOTE 2:  runway open/closed can be set by the user via the Airport Design Editor X.

NEW:  AIMonitor now also reads the left-pattern/right-pattern flags from scenery.  Thus, a new enhanced approach mode "2" has been added.  Mode 2 is the same as the old mode 1, except the configurable left-hand pattern *OR* right-hand pattern is chosen for each landing runway based on the scenery pattern flags (in contrast, the default mode 1 makes both the left-hand *AND* right-hand pattern available for each runway).  As always though, approaches converted from nav data (using the SIDSTAR converter) and user-written custom final approaches always take precedence over the generic (but configurable) left-hand/right-hand approaches regardless of mode.  NOTE 1:  due to this new feature, AIMonitor now includes additional information in the taxi_graph.txt file, please perform a "Force Update of Runway and Taxi Data" in the options menu after installing this hotfix.  NOTE 2:  pattern flags can be set by the user via the Airport Design Editor X.

NEW:  More gradual speed transitions on climb-out (especially when AIController takes over from FSX after takeoff) and descent.

NEW:  STAR/SID path statements in AIControllerList.txt are no longer required to contain "X" or "O" designators.  Instead, they can contain straight STAR= or SID= statements (interpreted as "X" or selected).  This will better facilitate bulk pasting of path statements, such as those generated by the SIDSTARConverter utility.

NEW:  User aircraft-AI anti-incursion feature highlighted to better remind user this option will help prevent incursions (e.g., preventing AI from landing on runway user is taking off from) BUT will also FREEZE AI and cause landing AI to GO-AROUND if necessary.

NEW:  No longer possible to run dual instances of AIController (prevents accidentially running more than one program at the same time).

NEW:  Additional absolute-paths (e.g., containing drive letter) to UNC network-path translation boxes added to Advanced Path Options menu (useful for networked AIMonitor installations).

NEW:  AIMonitor now has logging (for trouble-shooting only).  Enable verbose mode (verbose = 1) in the AIMonitor basic options screen.

NEW:  Each AI's individual cruising speed during jetroute portion of flight determined from AI's aircraft.cfg data.

NEW:  Progress bar added for aircraft.cfg scan during update process.  Over a network connection, the AI aircraft.cfg scan may take longer than the actual scenery decompile process.  This discrepancy may lead the user to believe the "update" process has completed, when actually the aircraft.cfg data is still being written.  Thus, the new progress bar will help keep the user appraised.  Note:  If you had any problems with AI not getting assigned the correct gates in earlier versions, an incomplete aircraft.cfg scan might have been one of the causes.  Please install this hot fix and retry. 

NEW:  Specific support for My Traffic 6, including the non-ascii characters used in the ATC-IDs.

NEW:  Support for coordinated STAR-transition-approaches added (i.e., preference is given to selecting an approach having the same transition waypoint as the STAR exit waypoint the AI was assigned to). 

NEW:  Short-final go-around mode changed to standard left-base go-around pattern to make go-around patterns more coherent, reduce holding, and aid AI spacing. 

NEW:  Manually delete AI (or a group of AI(s)) by highlighting them in AIMonitor.  Highlight the AI(s) in the AIMonitor window, right-click, then choose delete.  This is similar to the old AI Traffic Explorer utility.  Good for deleting pesky AI that you can't get to with the FSUIPC zapper, but you can identify on the AIMonitor. 

NEW:  Persistent highlighting of selected AIMonitor rows.  This feature was added to support the delete option above, but has actually been requested several times by itself!  I presume the persistent highlighting will allow the user to better track particular aircraft. 

NEW:  Specify AI install directories outside of the FSX/P3D path.  In the config menu, advanced options.  Useful if an AI package has been installed to location outside the SimObject path.

NEW:  Absolute path to UNC path translator for Scenery.cfg.  In the config menu, advanced options.  Useful for when AIController is running on a networked client.  You can tell AIController the corresponding UNC path for any absolute path (e.g., a path containing a drive letter) appearing in the scenery.cfg.  As always, relative scenery paths (relative to the main FSX/P3D installation directory) are not a problem for AIController, so I recommend using relative paths if possible.  However, absolute paths are very useful for sharing scenery between different simulators (e.g., FSX and P3D).

NEW:  Manual Landing Runway(s) Selection:  If the user for whatever reason dislikes the current landing runway, which is based on prevailing winds, the user can instead enter up to three runways in AIMonitor to override all wind-based landing runway selections.  The AI will immediately switch to the new patterns, there will be no gradual transition.  When two runways are entered (e.g., 32L,32R), the load-balancing will be approx. 50-50.  When three runways are entered (e.g., 17C,18R, 18L), the load-balancing will be approx. 33-33-33.

NEW:  Max. Time Departing AI Remains Stopped on Taxiway Before Deletion.  Maximum time that AI taxiing OUT to the departure runway will be allowed to remained stopped on the taxiway before deletion (default 60 seconds).  Occasionally (even when not using AIController), departing AI becomes "stuck" just before runway entry holding up that AI and all the AI line-up behind it waiting.  This parameter will delete the AI that has become "stuck", allowing the AI behind it enter the runway and take off at a consistent rate.  The parameter cannot be used to increase waiting time higher than the FSX default value.  

NEW: AI Rollout Performance and Parking Based on AI's Aircraft.cfg File and ADE:  The AI rollout performance (e.g., braking distance) and parking preference (e.g., parking codes) are based on performance data in each AI's config file.  The parking algorithm has been revised to conform to typical FSX/P3D - ADE design methods (e.g., first AIController looks to gate radius, second AIControler looks to airline parking codes in the gate order as listed in the ADE parking list).  Version 1.4B automatically reads AI aircraft.cfg data to get each AI's braking, radius, airline code, etc. data, no user action is required.  Thus, the old GrabAIParkingCode utility is being retired.  An interesting note:  AIController will scan more than 5 airline codes per gate, thus eliminating the old FSX restraint.

NEW: Improved Landing Animations.  Consistent touchdown smoke, wheels (including nose-wheel) make firm contact with runway at correct angle, no more smoke effects when AI exits the runway and enters taxiway.  Touchdown smoke may be less prevalent at airports near sea level.

NEW: Special WinXP versions of AIController.exe and AIConv.exe are included in the distribution:  If you're running AIController in a networked configuration on an older laptop running WinXP, please use the AIController_WinXP.exe and AIConv_WinXP.exe files in the WinXP folder (see the readme in that folder for further instructions).

NEW: Latest version of SIDSTARConverter included, which allows you to select your preferred version of AIConv.exe.  The latest AIConv.exe is included in the AIController installation directory.

Fix Log:

HOTFIX 9:  (1) AI Monitor crashed shortly after startup; (2) sometimes FSX would crash with ATC.dll or "pure virtual function call" when the "Max. Time. Taxiing AI Remains Stopped Before Deletion (seconds)" option was set to a non-zero (i.e., enabled) value, (3) sometimes AI too slow to exit runway; (4) AI would stop at reverse hold markers therefore causing AI to sometimes stop while crossing a runway, (5) sometimes pausing FSX/P3D causes AI to lose STAR/SID/Final and Taxi info, (6) default AI speed data for enroute cruise (if no aircraft.cfg data availalbe) was sometimes bad (e.g., strange enroute speeds), (6) gate-reassignment (if AI injected into same gate during taxi-in) function has been removed, (7) sometimes AI matched to 4-letter parking code (e.g., DHLC) instead of correct 3-letter code (e.g., DHL), (8) at default airport scenery that lacks airline parking codes, the AI would tend to get assigned to ramp areas.

HOTFIX 8: (1) AIMonitor sometimes stalls during scenery update.  Sometimes scenery with bad internal formatting was causing AIMonitor to stall.  After fix, AIMonitor will warn the user that the scenery format may be bad, but scenery decompilation will continue; (2) At some airport, the AI dived to land and then made slow turns at the end of the runway; (3)  AI landing/takeoff incursions with taxiing AI sometimes not working; (4) Path to some Orbx sceneries not found; (5) Sometimes taxi-in AI colliding with user aircraft; (6) Still some double-parking issues here and there; (7) Bumped up default separation to 2 nm; (8) Descent angles tweaked a bit to be generally more shallow; (9) Sometimes AI would go inverted on runway due to over-correction due to crosswind; (10) Runway anti-incursion options in AIMonitor didn't provide the min. distance AND altitude parameters for user to set; (11) Final approaches sometimes not getting assigned at monitored airports with no other traffic (inbound or outbound) and/or no weather reported.

HOTFIX 7: (1) AI "turns" during taxi-in now much smoother.  Now the AI will roll through most turns (including rolling through a much faster runway exit).  AI will also slow down approach gate/parking.  IMPORTANT NOTE:  due to this fix, the default taxi-in options have been substantially chagned.  After installation, please select "Options\Reset Options to Default" otherwise the "old" default options may cause poor results; (2)  MT6 Scenery Issue - AI getting deleted at end of rollout.   AIMonitor decompiling older scenery incorrectly due to different parking codes being used in that scenery.  This affected some of the MT6 included .bgl files for various airports.  IMPORTANT NOTE: if affected by this bug, run a "Force Update" in AIMonitor after installing this hot fix to decompile the scenery with the correct parking codes; (3) Sometimes STAR-transition-approaches not working (i.e., preference was not given to selecting an approach having the same entry transition waypoint as the STAR exit waypoint the AI was assigned to); (4) Sometimes AI was parking AI at gates already occupied by AI that previously taxi-in and parked.  Note: there is still a chance that FSX will inject a departure AI into the gate while the landed AI  is taxiing in.  In such a case, the taxi-in AI will now perform one last occupancy check when getting close to the assigned gate.  If AIController detects an AI has been injected into the gate, AIController will re-assign the gate for the taxi-in AI.  Finaly, if for some reason the taxi-in AI ends up parked at the same gate as an injected "sleeping" AI, the taxi-in AI will be  deleted after parking at the gate for 60 seconds to clear the way for the injected AI to depart; (5)  AI won't turn toward airport after being released from STAR, instead the AI will head directly to the assigned approach (enhanced mode only) (deactivated for enhanced mode only); (6) Speed additives due to wind were subtracted instead of added; (7) Some scenery designers insert inconsistent statements into the scenery.cfg file causing AIController to mis-interpret scenery configuration i.e., approaches not available); (8) Some AI "freezing" after jetroute exit; (9) Fixed repetitive "Arriving AI is jet, but all STARs are for prop" message in non-enhanced mode; (10) Jetroutes sometimes not getting assigned between monitored airports.  STARs sometimes not getting assigned after jetroute exit when AI approaces a monitored airport.  NOTE:  Reduce the "No STAR if arriving AI further than this distance" in the basic options screen down from the default 200 nm to 75 nm (or so) if you wish arriving AI to fly the last portion of a jetroute before being assigned a STAR; (11) Minimum runway landing lengths (default) set too high.  This caused AIController to deem too many runways "too short" for the AI type (e.g., jet, tubroprop) making final approach unavailable.  Minimums (default) have been drastically reduced.  Perform "Reset Options to Default" to activate the new defaults.  The minimums are now probably unrealistially short, however it is easier to the user to increase them than wonder why final approaches aren't being selected (e.g., KMDW !!); (12) Sometimes the go-around pattern was not rectangular; (13) AIConv.exe utility sometimes not converting SIDs correctly.  A new AIConv.exe is included.  The full install version with hot fix 7 includes corrected SIDs (using the new version of AIConv.exe).  However, the hot-fix only version doesn't.  If you install the hot-fix only version, you may want to re-convert from nav data using the correct AIConv.exe (unless you're satisfied with the SIDs as is).  If you're using the SIDSTAR conveter utility, make sure to link it to the new AIConv.exe version; (14) Non-enhanced mode only:  Fixed several significant bugs, such as AI not lining up on final properly and making erratic movements after touchdown.  Also, short final release back to FSX (for normal animation) not working; (15) Verbose and Debug modes could not be set via AIMonitor or the .ini file.

HOTFIX 6:  (1) Incorrect parking assignments and double-parking based on duplicate gate numbers at different areas (terminals) of airports.  The fix also modifies AIController and AIMonitor to provide more detailed parking assignment information; (2) Gate radius data sometimes not processed correctly (AI-gate size mismatch); (3) Only one aircraft.cfg parking code being read (note: scenery gates typically have mulitple parkings codes, which was read by AIController, however the aircraft.cfg itself can also contain multiple parking codes, which is now being read and processed); (4) Parking alignment bug sometimes prevented AI from being designated "Parked at Gate" causing double-parking and preventing departure of same AI after waiting period (if auto-inject option enabled); (5) Sometimes AI obtaining high/low altitudes after being released from jetroute; (5) Turbojet Default Lower and Upper Jetroute Altitudes Bad.  Choose "Reset Options to Default" to activate corrected default values - OR - if you do NOT want to reset your customized options to default, go to "Options" - "Jetroutes" and change the "Turbojet Altitude Lower Range" to 18000 (or your own preferred value) and change the "Turbojet Altitude Upper Range" to 22000 (or your own preferred value), then press the "Apply" button.  Note: the bad default altitudes may have also caused-in-part the "AI obtaining high/low altitudes" bug above; (6) Scenery.cfg absolute-path TO UNC-network-path translator in Prepar3d mode isn't working.  Important for users running AIMonitor on a networked client machine because MyTraffic 6 places an absolute path (pointing to a folder shared by different FS programs) in the scenery.cfg; (7) Deletion routine for stalled taxi-out AI (i.e., AI not moving) fixed.  The routine was sometimes not deleting the longest waiting stalled AI (e.g., the stalled AI at the head of the line); (8) Sometimes AI not getting assigned jetroute after SID exit.

HOTFIX 5:  Not released (rolled into Hot Fix 6).

HOTFIX 4:  (1) Incomplete aircraft_cfg_data.txt file causing long rollouts and parking misassignments; (2)  AIController reading crosswind runways (Jim Vile-ADE technique) causing problems with final approach assignments after STAR exit.  Note: use force runway option in AIController to support crosswind and parallel operations; (3) High final approaches (AI was incorrectly and quickly transitioning from Jetroute to STAR to final leaving AI high on final close to airport); (4) AI parking alignment; (5) Not all AI parking codes being read causing parking misassignments; (6) AIController crashing reading some STAR/SIDS/Approaches converted from the latest navdata; (7) (Evaluating) AI start successively going-around for no apparent reason.

HOTFIX 3: (1) AI being deleted after rollout at some airports.  Problem was due to conversion error (parking radius stored in scenery files as meters, AI wingspan stored in aircraf.cfg files as feet); (2) AIController sometimes crashing because of bad taxi-graph read; (3) Multiple fixes for non-enhanced mode, including custom final approach/autogen files not being selected and AI disappearing/re-appearing in AIMonitor; (4) Waypoint updates can be made while FSX/P3D running.

HOT FIX 2:  (1) Expanded search for *.cfg files in all of the SimObjects subdirectories.  I don't have all AI add-on packages, so I suppose it is possible some package will have the AI reside outside Simobjects.  If so, let me know and I'll patch it up again; (2) Fixed continuing issue with repetitive "Scenery Change Detected" message and then AIMonitor attempting update waypoints at the same time it starts AIController; (3) Fixed bug where sometimes AIControllerPath.txt doesn't sometimes contain the "taxi=" paths even though the user just ran an update; (4) Revised code to support "My Document" paths to better support auto-injection of departing AI at monitored airport (to maintain departure rates if user remains at airport for long periods of time); (5) Extended "Force Landing Runway" to support 3 runways; and (6) Removed ability to keep the "Force Landing Runway" option to remain active across different AIMonitor sessions (to reduce the chance of accidentally keeping option enabled when switching airports). 

HOT FIX 1:  (1) Repetitive repetitive "VARIABLE WINDS or TIMEOUT waiting for wind direction data" message in AIController; (2) Fixed repetitive "Scenery Change Detected" when AIMonitor started for first time; (3) Jet, prop, and VFR ONLY STARs/SIDs not recognized.  This has been fixed, but jet, prop and VFR only patterns are now specified by "pattern type" instead of "pattern name" to maintain consistency with final approach pattern types.  Any custom user files that user the "pattern name" to specificy jet-only, prop-only, or VFR-only files will have to be modified so that "pattern type" is used instead (this should be an easy modification, see the readme.pdf for further details); (4) Duplicate line added to AIControllerPath.txt file; (5) Excessive error messages when attempting scenery scan, such as when program paths incorrect.  AIController will now limit the error messages to five when an unsuccessful scenery scan occurs; (6) Sometime AI didn't park at gate at correct heading.  This has been fixed; (7) Generic left and right base pattern names reversed.  This has been fixed; (8) Pattern entry points (enhanced generic left-right patterns) sometimes not the closest to AI's present position; (9) Some approach files converted from nav data contained missed approach data causing AI to perform missed approach procedure (go-around) when landing.  This has been fixed.  (10) Addon/scenery folder not being scanned when active in FSX/P3D (this is where use-generated ADE files typically reside!); (11) AI's landing runway displayed more consistently on AIMonitor; (12) Departing AI not being auto-injected at some airports; (13) Locale issue continuing to cause errors when comma-deliminated error.  For those users who switched affected by this error, please give this fix a try; (14) Quicker assignment of wind-based runway selection, less incorrect STARs that have to be re-assigned later

Important Revision:  A registered version (4.9x or later) of Peter Dowson's FSUIPC utility is recommended to use the full functionality of AIController.  For example, AIController will not be able to delete problematic AI targeted for removal (e.g., parked at gate after arrival for the specificed parking time).  For networked configuration users, Peter's WideFS (ver. 6.9) is also recommended.

Various other fixes/revisions were also made.

Important New NOTAMS!

ENTERING FINAL APPROACH COORDINATES.  Do not use FSX when entering final approach coordinates for runway positions (e.g., touchdown, rollout) as the FSX in-game coordinate display (shift-Z) lacks the necessary precision (significant digits).  Use the freeware Airport Design Editor X (or similar) instead.

ENTERING RUNWAY DATA.   Ensure the runway number corresponds to the FSX runway description (for whatever airport scenery you are using).  Often, the latest FMS data will reference changed runway numbers that do not correspond to stock FSX runway descriptions.  For STAR files, if the runways do not match (STAR versus FSX), AIController will choose the STAR based on the waypoint having the closest entry point to the AI’s current position (i.e., not based on runway data), which often is satisfactory, but not always.  For Final Approach files, if the runways do not match, AIController might choose the final approach file having the incorrect runway data.

Please see the Original Thread Post for Additional Details Regarding Ver. 1.4 Including Installation Video.

Thanks!

-Roland

Hi Roland,

thanks for the HF11; it seems to work well for me so far.

Just a very little thing. I've observed at AIC : At touch-down the the AI-aicrafts let abruptly drop down the nose-gear; maybe You can get a little enhance the beauty of the landings..

Have a nice Sunday !

Dietmar