Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Not sure what happened exactly, but all of my STAR files are located under the country of origin, but not further divided into states and provinces.   I can't point the STAR path to this directory without an error.    There's no way I can take the time to add each and every star to the appropriate state or province, it would take forever.    

Maybe I can try the SIDSTAR converter again, but I'm afraid I'm just going to duplicate the problem.  

Any suggestion is appreciated. 

UPDATE

Re-ran the converter, all is fine now.  I must have had it set improperly. 

Another quick question. Is there any way to fully disable ground handling of AI by AIC and leave it to P3D/FSX engine?

Thanks

Is it normal that if I select "Force Landing Runway" to L22 and 22R that AI traffic land and take off on RW 4L and 4R on EKCH?

Fantastic great software btw. :lol:

Aircraft takeoff on RWY 01R and 01L, but always get RWY01L SIDs assigned, never the 01R SIDs.

Found the bug, thanks for the feedback.  Could you (or anyone who has noticed this issue) give this test hot fix a try?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oq7yrdpmvk9q45q/AIController14BOnlyHF12Test.zip

I get the path error for some (but not all) airports.  Do I have to go into the advanced path settings for each airport or can I just point to the main FSX scenery folder?

On a networked setup, the path statements in the scenery.cfg should be relative paths (relative to the shared FSX folder on the FSX folder).  If not, then you will need to use the advanced path settings to translate the absolute paths in scenery.cfg (containing a drive letter) to a network path the networked client PC can understand.

This might be the cause of the issues you are experiencing.  

If not, another issue specific to WinXP is named pipe filtering:  http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/articles/win_net_srv/named_pipes_fw.html

If PipeFirewallActive is enabled, either disable it or add the name of the pipe between AIC and AIM to the filter list:  PipeAIC

Is it possible to run AIC on the main FSX computer but the AIM on the second networked computer.  If this is possible it will work fine for me because I just want to see the AI landing and takeoff runways and adjust if needed.

Yes, I've add this capability to the latest hot fix:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/oq7yrdpmvk9q45q/AIController14BOnlyHF12Test.zip

This isn't really a new feature because the program had this capability before, I just didn't expose it (don't want to support network communications other than simconnect at this point).  Anyway, if you want to give it a try, start AIC in a command prompt with the unsupported "-s" switch set to the host name where you're running AIM, e.g., AIController -sFSX-LAPTOP

You could also make a .bat file.  Since AIC and AIM will be running on separate computers, AIC will need its a local copy of the files it typically reads including AIController.ini.  Also, changing the options in the remote AIM won't be recognized by AIC because it is running on a different computer (unless the copy the changed files over, like taxi_graph.txt and AIController.ini).

Have a quick question. Is 4x acceleration in P3D for AI spotting prohibited in AIM mode?

FlyTweety is correct.   2x should be OK, however at 4x the taxi AI and final AI start to get a bit erratic (but should still get to their destination).  Beyond that things go downhill quickly.  This is due to one second sampling rate I use to keep simconnect IPC overhead low.  The rate is adequate at normal time and slow accelerated time rates, but not for the higher values.

Another quick question. Is there any way to fully disable ground handling of AI by AIC and leave it to P3D/FSX engine?

Yes, disable enhanced mode in Settings\Options\Enhanced Mode (Approach and Final) Options.  However, the P3D/FSX engine requires the AI to intercept and generically placed IAF before it will provide taxi service to the gate, so you can't use any of the enhanced custom approach options (i.e., the options labeled "standard" will still work).

Is it normal that if I select "Force Landing Runway" to L22 and 22R that AI traffic land and take off on RW 4L and 4R on EKCH?

Force landing won't affect takeoff AI traffic (that's for a later version).  Just checked a forced landing at 22L,22R at EKCH and it seemed to work fine.  Might want to double-check you're entering the data correctly and in enhanced mode.  This is an example of how it would be entered in the text-box:  22L,22R

With HF12 the SIDs for both parallel RWYs get assigned correctly! Thank you!

The aicraft taxing-in to the gate got problems following the taxi-lines. The turning radius seems too large.

With HF12 the SIDs for both parallel RWYs get assigned correctly! Thank you!

The aicraft taxing-in to the gate got problems following the taxi-lines. The turning radius seems too large.

Good to hear, thanks.  Re turning radius, try adjusting the turn speed scalar in Options\Settings\Enhanced Mode (Taxi in).

I tried AI Controller at the new FT Sydney - normally the smaller planes (E190, B737) of Virgin Australia and Qantas should go to the smaller gates at the national terminal marked for them an the big irons (A330, B777, A380) should go to the 33m + spots at the international. I found that all VOZ and QFA planes arriving on 34L are going to the intl. - blocking the big gates with Embraers and 737. some of these small's are eventually assigned to a amll gate but are redirected later to a big one (there are sufficient empty gates > 33m and marked for QFA or VOZ.

Loooks to me as if the "easiest / shortest" way to parking is preferred over the minimum radius requiered for the plane.

YSSY ist the first airport I realised that but most other ap don't have intl. and national terminals for the same airlines so far apart

I played around with AIM last weekend in various busy airports such as KJFK and KLAX and I still have a feeling that I' doing something wrong.

The initialization period takes up to 10-20 minutes before AI really starts to arrive. Also, may be I set my expectation a bit too high, but I don't see the consistent lines of AI's that approach land on 24R/25L at KLAX with 2 miles interval as prescribed in the Options.

I double checked my ADE in P3D and didn't find any breaks in the taxiways' links and KLAX (as ICAO) was captured by initial scanning.

There are plenty of setting parameters under the Options. Most of them pretty much explanatory, but perhaps "Scalar" adjustments for various stages of approach and landings do have effect on AI behavior, but I don't understand the nature of experimentation with those parameters.

Yes, I've add this capability to the latest hot fix:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/oq7yrdpmvk9q45q/AIController14BOnlyHF12Test.zip

This isn't really a new feature because the program had this capability before, I just didn't expose it (don't want to support network communications other than simconnect at this point).  Anyway, if you want to give it a try, start AIC in a command prompt with the unsupported "-s" switch set to the host name where you're running AIM, e.g., AIController -sFSX-LAPTOP

You could also make a .bat file.  Since AIC and AIM will be running on separate computers, AIC will need its a local copy of the files it typically reads including AIController.ini.  Also, changing the options in the remote AIM won't be recognized by AIC because it is running on a different computer (unless the copy the changed files over, like taxi_graph.txt and AIController.ini).

OK I copied over the new files to both the main FSX computer and the second computer.  I wrote the batch file but I cannot get the switch to work.  Here is the file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CD:E\Program Files\AI Controller\

START "AIC" "E:\Program Files\AI Controller\AIController -s MARKFS"

EXIT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remove the -s MARKFS then it works but I get an error, as soon as I add the -s MARKFS I get a Windows error that the file cannot be found.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I tried AI Controller at the new FT Sydney -

I don't have FT Sydney or any of their recent airports.  Did you notice this issue at any other recent FT airports like Toronto or Copenhagen? 

I played around with AIM last weekend in various busy airports such as KJFK and KLAX and I still have a feeling that I' doing something wrong.

The initialization period takes up to 10-20 minutes before AI really starts to arrive. Also, may be I set my expectation a bit too high, but I don't see the consistent lines of AI's that approach land on 24R/25L at KLAX with 2 miles interval as prescribed in the Options.

Are you running in non-enhanced (i.e., standard) mode?  If so, it will generally take longer to establish inbound traffic flows and spacing due to the IAF-intercept issue we discussed earlier.  Also, reduce Minimum Separation Between Arriving AI in General Options.  "Minimum" does mean minimum.  An example, three AI on approach separated by 2 nm.  The second AI falls below default minimum 2 nm with the first and gets directed out of the pattern (e.g., holding).  All of the sudden there's a 4 nm space between the first and third AI that likely won't be significantly closed even if AIC commands the third AI to speed up.  Also, if you're running AIC on a network computer, try decreasing to Distance Sort period from 10 seconds to 1 second or so.

START "AIC" "E:\Program Files\AI Controller\AIController -s MARKFS"

That would be -sMARKFS  (no space).  Sorry, I also do a lot of Linux and that is a Linux-like switch syntax finding its way into windows. :blush:  Also, a reminder, make sure the host name is where AIM (the pipe server) is installed.

Also, reduce minimum separation between AI.  The default 2 nm separation should be viewed as a minimum.  An example, three AI on approach separated by 2 nm.  The second AI falls below 2 nm with the first and gets directed out of the pattern (e.g., holding).

Thanks for the quick response. You "meant" increase separation as 2mn is a minimum?

Is there any rule of thumb for minimum separation to differentiate between extremely-busy and moderately busy airports? 

I don't have FT Sydney or any of their recent airports. Did you notice this issue at any other recent FT airports like Toronto or Copenhagen?

I don't have CPH but will try TOR

Thanks for the quick response. You "meant" increase separation as 2mn is a minimum?

Is there any rule of thumb for minimum separation to differentiate between extremely-busy and moderately busy airports? 

If you want the string of pearls effect, decrease minimum separation and use the force landing runway option to limit landings to one or two runways.  Another very good thing to do is go into ADEX and code the typical departure (long) runways as takeoff only.  You will get very good flows.  I think at an extremely busy airport about 1 nm would be good, that way if an AI gets bounced from the pattern you only have a 2 nm "hole" left.  There will certainly be occurrences of AI landing too closely, but for me that is worth it.  The AI-User minimum distance and anti-incursion options are separate and I would keep those higher to prevent closely spaced AI from interfering with me if I'm arriving/departing.  Another good thing to do is reduce the number of active STARs to those commonly used at the airport (if possible), which makes the traffic patterns more coherent and the spacing more consistent.

For moderately busy airports (or moderate AI traffic percentage) the defaults should be good.

I don't have CPH but will try TOR

Thanks, if it seems like a compatibility issue with FT I'll buy one to check it out (been meaning to check out their latest work anyway - hopefully TOR).  

That would be -sMARKFS  (no space).  Sorry, I also do a lot of Linux and that is a Linux-like switch syntax finding its way into windows. :blush:  Also, a reminder, make sure the host name is where AIM (the pipe server) is installed.

I tried the no space syntax but still did not work. Got the same error....file not found.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000