Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Well, I tried reading all 54 pages, but after the first 30, I gave up looking for the answer to my question. I'm totally new to this thread and this software, but I'd love to install and use it. But first I'd like some input (which I didn't find anywhere so far) as to just where my slider should be set for AI traffic. To try and keep things as under-loaded as possible, I keep all of my AI stuff minimized to around 10% or less. I don't care if I see one boat on a lake, or only a few cars driving down the roads. But as this program deals with AI aircraft traffic, I would assume that I should try to make as much of that traffic available, for the effect.

And as AI traffic is a load on the eystem, what is the cut-off as far as system minimums? I have a quad core processor running at just under 3 Ghz. I have a nVidia GTX650 with 1 Gb of memory, and 8 Gb of system memory. Should I even be running this stuff? I'd love to give it a try, and I can definitely afford it! :P  I'm also running ASN and TrackIR and ezDok.

Input?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well, I tried reading all 54 pages, but after the first 30, I gave up looking for the answer to my question. I'm totally new to this thread and this software, but I'd love to install and use it. But first I'd like some input (which I didn't find anywhere so far) as to just where my slider should be set for AI traffic. To try and keep things as under-loaded as possible, I keep all of my AI stuff minimized to around 10% or less. I don't care if I see one boat on a lake, or only a few cars driving down the roads. But as this program deals with AI aircraft traffic, I would assume that I should try to make as much of that traffic available, for the effect.

And as AI traffic is a load on the eystem, what is the cut-off as far as system minimums? I have a quad core processor running at just under 3 Ghz. I have a nVidia GTX650 with 1 Gb of memory, and 8 Gb of system memory. Should I even be running this stuff? I'd love to give it a try, and I can definitely afford it! :P  I'm also running ASN and TrackIR and ezDok.

Input?

How are you running FSX under 3Ghz? I would not have any AI of any kind in your case.

Input?

The impact, in my opinion, of frame rates is minimal.

I would use whatever you have now for flying without as a start point slowly lowering if you see any unexpected deterioration. 

The program has a 1 sec update cycle which is of no real consequence when translated to frame rates.

Just my opinion from my experience. Others may differ.

How are you running FSX under 3Ghz? I would not have any AI of any kind in your case.

Very nicely, actually. With DX10, and everything works well. I don't even have OOMs or CTODs on long flights with my PMDG 777. It's all in how you set things up. No, I don't have every slider set full right. But I'm also running FS2Crew, Radar Contact, REX textures, including Soft Clouds, I have several FSDreamTeam airports, and I'm using ORBX FTX Global. How's that?

But I think you answered my question. I see traffic here and there, especially while taxiing at the bigger airports, and RC takes care of keeping them out of my way most of the time. It's probably something that would be cool but that isn't really necessary. 

I also noticed that most of this forum thread has to do with problems with the app. I know it's free and does some neat things, but I just don't have the time to work out all of these problems. I use PFPX for most of my flight planning, so there are a lot of SIDs and STARs to consider, and it would be a nightmare to get that mangled.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I also noticed that most of this forum thread has to do with problems with the app.

This is still in Beta I believe. I, for one think that when this is completed will be monumental, a must have app.

hi all,

i don't know why but since last 2 days i can't open correctly ai monitor, it appear in windows task but i can't see it on my screen

Frédéric Giraud

I understand I can force AI land from any end of the runway, including down wind, but can I also force AI take off down wind? Sometimes this can be very useful with ASN Live wx and rc4 or ATCP at light winds.

In the current AIC version it seems you can't create AIControllerPath.txt file on a WinXP client (new AIC installation), so I had to create one on a Win7 client first then copy it to WinXP client.

Thanks,

Dirk.

I understand there's no definite switch to change between Generic Approaches and SIDs, STARs approaches. What if I have airports selected in the both? Do I get it right that if I'm in enhanced mode and I have airports selected in Generic Approaches and SIDs, STARs Approaches then Generic Approaches take precedence over SIDs, STARs? So if I'd like to have SIDs, STARs then I should remove everything in Generic Approaches? Or they can work simultaneously but for different airports only, otherwise Generic Approaches take precedence?  

:unsure:

Thanks,

Dirk. 

ai monitor app fails to load after using it. Have to re-install to use it again. The application icon shows up in the task bar but the ui doesn't open can someone help?

ai monitor app fails to load after using it. Have to re-install to use it again. The application icon shows up in the task bar but the ui doesn't open can someone help?

Hover over mouse over the icon on the taskbar and when the small image displays above it right click it highlight maximise and left click. Hope this makes sense. Happens occasionally to me too.

I am pretty new to this thing. What I really don't like, is that it seems every time I want to change which airports/areas to monitor, and I select and apply the appropriate ones, it takes FOREVER to decompile the scenery and aircraft cfgs. It's a huge bummer to have to do this every time I want to fly using this tool.

If you run SIDSTAR converter and organize the output by state/country etc and use the SampleCFG.txt lines to add to AIControllerList.txt, when you force a taxi/etc update, any paths with accented letters will produce an error. The workaround that I *believe* works is to save the AIControllerList.txt to UTF encoding (Save as dialog box in Notepad).

Thanks for the heads up.  Much appreciated.   

The other remaining problem is arriving planes being shown in Traffic Explorer still as "enroute", the gates bridges will not being attached. So these planes are blocking the gates until I have to delete them manually ..

Correct, the AI have to hit the FSX-generated imaginary IAF for flight status to advance beyond approach.  If you really want gate bridges to attach, the only solution is to run AIC in non-enhanced mode, so the AI are allowed to intercept this generic IAF.

What if I have airports selected in the both? Do I get it right that if I'm in enhanced mode and I have airports selected in Generic Approaches and SIDs, STARs Approaches then Generic Approaches take precedence over SIDs, STARs?

Yes, the more specific SID/STARS should take precedence over the more generic patterns.  If they're any problems though, just deselect the checkmark next the generic ICAO.

What I really don't like, is that it seems every time I want to change which airports/areas to monitor, and I select and apply the appropriate ones, it takes FOREVER to decompile the scenery and aircraft cfgs.

Agreed, I think I'll move toward more on-the-fly configuration in the next major version, but I've found that once you hit upon a group of ICAO(s) you want to monitor, it remains relatively static except for any new scenery you just added.

Can AIC force AI take off downwind? If not is it hard to code this feature. Would be very useful below 5knots wind.

Much thanks, can't fly without using AIC anymore.

Dirk.

Can AIC force AI take off downwind? If not is it hard to code this feature. Would be very useful below 5knots wind.

Not yet, but this capability is a top priority for the next major version.  I've just uploaded the "release" version of 1.4B to the avsim lib, so the time to start work on the next major version has arrived!  I'll update the links in this thread shortly.

P.S.  thanks everyone for their feedback and many great ideas on this beta thread.  If your suggestion didn't make it to the release version of 1.4B, keep pinging me and I'll try to get it into the next version.