Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Hello Roland,

This addon is great and i'm glad i found it.

Thank you for this marvellous work decoding the FSX AI nightmare.

The program is working like is expected, but I have two questions:

- This program is compatible with Super Traffic Board? Because it isn't detecting any arrivals.

- The program is compatible with Pro Fligh Emulator? If not, you can add this feature in a next version?

And you have any deadline to lauch the next version with the taxi-out feature?

That's all and continue the good work!!

Kind Regards,

Pedro

I get this warning and I have really no idea how to fix it because I really do not grasp how this app works, here is the warning I get when I run AIController.exe:

WARNING: AIController in enhanced mode but monitored ICAO EGLL (and a host of others) missing from taxi_graph.txt file. No landing at this ICAO run 'forced update' in AIMonitor.exe.

I have no 'taxi_graph.txt' file but I do have a 'jetroute_graph.txt' file. Sorry it's probably simple to fix if only I knew how.

Thanks for any help

Clive

PS I originally have this posted on the v1.3b thread which I can delete if I can.

Start AIM, go to Settings, choose #2, wait for things to process.

Do this with FS not running.

Not all My Traffic planes contain a file called aircraft.cfg. Some contain a sim.cfg file. Users need to re-name the sim.cfg files after the copy and paste.

Edit: But then have multiple file names doesn't work either because it places a (#) after each duplicate name. Then AIMon will not read the MT files.

Bottom line is that you cannot have multiple files of the same name contained in one folder. Work around is to copy all the MT aircraft folders, get them into the Airplanes folder in FSX, do the scan and then delete the MT planes that you just added.

Edit: And change all the sim.cfg names to aircraft.cfg. Quite a bit of work to do right now.

Hi Jim have you tried it and if so does that actually work? Thanks.

Maybe on March 13th I did, but I don't think it is necessary any longer. That's what happens when you quote something out of context. And seeing that I am now using MT6, I just did a quick random check and all the MT6 planes have the standard aircraft.cfg file. Therefore all are processed in AIM.

Burkhard (the MT author) fixed that issue and changed all the file names to aircraft.cfg to facilitate smoother debugging on his end.

I have just finished a video showing the VATR1R STAR approach into EIDW it worked a treat here is the link, hopefully it will work. Great job Roland, I don't understand a lot of what is being spoken about but I am slowly getting there. Tried it on my client and could not understand UNC so gave up and set up on my Server PC worked a treat, more to learn as I would really like it on my Client to take some load off.

http://youtu.be/T_mZ7gj0kSY

Maybe on March 13th I did, but I don't think it is necessary any longer. That's what happens when you quote something out of context. And seeing that I am now using MT6, I just did a quick random check and all the MT6 planes have the standard aircraft.cfg file. Therefore all are processed in AIM.

Okay I am still on MT5.4c, will have to talk nicely to the other half to see if I can stretch to MT6. Although I am not having any trouble if you forget about me not able to understand this unc path business and not able to get it to run properly on my client pc.

Please think of a way AIC creates approach conditions whereas a few flights (perhaps 2 or 3) always land ahead of the player's aircraft (schedule or no schedule :D ). Unfortunately I've never seen that yet on a single runway neither in UT2 or MTX6 unfortunately.

Have you tried reducing or turning off "Min. separation between user aircraft and AI" in general options?  That can cause AI(s) lined up on final ahead of user to go-around if the user aircraft gets too close.

-Roland

The 747-400 are fine now, sometimes it's still happen to the 747-8 but sometimes not.

Thanks for the update.  Since you run in non-enhanced mode (where FSX must "fly" the AI to intercept an imaginary, generic IAF after STAR exit), it does seem the issue was related to the AI's older FDE.  Perhaps the STAR exit waypoint is too close to the runway threshold for this particular AI's FDE (performance capability) before the FDE update.  

In enhanced mode, the FAIB 744 should be able to land normally regardless.

-Roland

Tried it on my client and could not understand UNC so gave up and set up on my Server PC worked a treat, more to learn as I would really like it on my Client to take some load off.

Yes, definitely harder setting up on network client.  I would try bringing up one little piece at a time.  

-Roland

The program is working like is expected, but I have two questions:

- This program is compatible with Super Traffic Board? Because it isn't detecting any arrivals.

- The program is compatible with Pro Fligh Emulator? If not, you can add this feature in a next version?

And you have any deadline to lauch the next version with the taxi-out feature?

If STB is detecting arrivals using the FSX traffic state, then it will probably miss arrivals under control of AIC.  The reason is that FSX sets the traffic state to arrival after FSX forces the AI to intercept an imaginary and generic IAF.  AIM/AIC doesn't force the AI to intercept this generic IAF (e.g., when real-world procedure files are beingused), so the FSX traffic state flag is never set to arrival.  As an option, you can run AIM/AIC in non-enhanced (standard) mode and make sure the "Force AI to Land without IAF Intercept" and "Force AI to Land if No Clearance" options in Standard Mode-Final Approach Options are disabled (zero).

I haven't tried Pro-flight emulator, but I think it should have a high-degree of compatibility like RC4.

Regarding deadline for next version with taxi-out feature, I'm working on it right now, but too early to tell.  Next version will also "fly" the AI rather than use slew to simulate flight and that feature is what is slowing me down right now.  I anticipate taxi-out will actually be easier to implement as it is basically an extension of the taxi-in features.  

-Roland

Roland, do you know how AI Custom Traffic Density (AICull) affects UT2? Is there a constant fight between AIC/Cull and UT2 in the background, whereas UT2 generates and injects its flights according to its settings but AI Controller/AICull annihilates some of them from fsx world according to its settings all the time? This may lead to hiccups and micropauses with UT2 traffic. 

Thanks,

Dirk.

Roland, do you know how AI Custom Traffic Density (AICull) affects UT2? Is there a constant fight between AIC/Cull and UT2 in the background, whereas UT2 generates and injects its flights according to its settings but AI Controller/AICull annihilates some of them from fsx world according to its settings all the time? This may lead to hiccups and micropauses with UT2 traffic. 

Yes.  UT2 actively injects AI using simconnect.  If AICull deletes an AI, UT2 re-inject its, then the process repeats.  The best way to avoid this is use UT2's  Traffic Generation Options (e.g., Target FSX framerate) rather than AICull.  Another option is to reduce UT2 traffic-density, which reduces micropauses during delete/re-inject cycles.

Also, .bgl based traffic utilities like MyTraffic and World of AI don't have this issue.

-Roland

The best way to avoid this is use UT2's  Traffic Generation Options (e.g., Target FSX framerate) rather than AICull.  

-Roland

Target FSX framerate method may also be affected by fluctuation of generation/annihilation, I think I've observed this as well. Better just to reduce traffic-density. So my preferred method at the moment is to use MTX6 only at 100%/100% and AICull (outside of AIC for flexibility). And with AIC I can make MTX6 fly  Jet routes anyway. Besides MTX6 aircraft clear off runway (in EGLL) completely within about 60 seconds, whereas UT2 aircraft after about 90 seconds, no matter how incursion and collision detection options are set. Overall less problems with MTX6 here.

Thanks,

Dirk. 

How to make tooltips stay longer? 

Is there any way AI Controller can make the AI traffic to land more realistic (rollout stopping distance)? Watching 737s, A320s, 777s, 747s etc landing and stopping like 800m is so lame.

Is there any way AI Controller can make the AI traffic to land more realistic (rollout stopping distance)? Watching 737s, A320s, 777s, 747s etc landing and stopping like 800m is so lame.

You can use alternative FDE's. Take a look here: http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=4339.msg217169#msg217169

You may have to register to download them.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Hey Roland,

I am really looking forward to your next version where you get rid of slewing the aircraft and the taxi out feature (i reckon there is so much one can do there)...

In the meantime, have you had a look at that airport ground traffic files of EDDL I send you a while back and maybe figured out how to exclude them? Whenever activated they still crash AI Controller.

Cheers

Nizar