Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

eddiex, enhanced mode simply means that some features such as terminal approach, final, landing and taxi-in is handled by AIC in a more enhanced way

compared to using standard settings/features. It will still use SID & STARs from PMDG and all the other standard features of AIC will be used.

Moving airplanes is not looking realisticaly, and not really inteligent decisions are made by program where to send smaal C172 to heavy gate, and then big B777F is deleted because no parking place.

That is why I have no GA in my sim. Tired of sitting behind a 172 in my 777 waiting to take off.

eddiex, enhanced mode simply means that some features such as terminal approach, final, landing and taxi-in is handled by AIC in a more enhanced way

compared to using standard settings/features. It will still use SID & STARs from PMDG and all the other standard features of AIC will be used.

Thank You. I have got it after allnight testing and observing on EIDW.

to Capt Speirs:  Without GA simulator is death place when You are in some area like EIKN. I have GA AI as well as military and comercials.    All works perfect with "FSX taxi engine".  When small C172 land, fsx leads it to smallest parking available.  AIC seems to be leading any aircraft to first empty parking regardless how big is it.

Guys any sugestion about some addon ATC solution?  RC4 is really old and not developed for years....  I have PRO ATC X. Could it be compatible with AIC ?   I did not try it yet.

Without GA simulator is death place when You are in some area like EIKN.

Point taken, however my 777 won't fit anywhere there.  :P

How did you manage to disable AIC ground control?

Disable very first option in Settings -- Options -- Enhanced Mode [Approach and Final] Option . Put there "0".  It will NOT disable SIDs and STARs.  Terminology is very confusing there.  I can say OPOSITLY -  More "enhanced" in programs terminology means "less reallistic".  Haha.  I am testing now for three days non stop on EIDW [aerosoft] without "enhanced", and traffic on airport looks very realistic.  I play with cfg file and trying tune it.  For now I am able to have 60 planes on gates and 14 - 20 planes approaching. Evgerything goes fluently. One plane landing aprox. every 2.5 minutes , and departing planes are not deleted. There is gap between landing planes for 1 , sometimes 2 take-offs.  Now I have to solv other thing. Time out limit for deleting not moving plane. It IS POSSIBLE to modify this 5 minutes limit. I did it long time ago. Unfortunately I do not remmember how.  Anybody could point me how to do it please? There is need to modify some parameters somwhere. I remember that when You use in game menu, You need modify this parameter manualy again as it is restored everytime You use ingame menu...

Okm , I have got it.  It is file aiplayer.dll  whitch should be modified.  I did it and now time out limit is prolonged from 5 minutes to 17 minutes.  GREAT !!!!  Tested on FSX Acc and P3D v1.4.

did you run point 2 from the ai-monitor "settings" menu - without it AIC is pretty lost with handling aircraft as it hasn't read the data (radius, parkling code, ...) from AFCADs AND aircraft.cfg

There is a theoretical question.

Is it possible to let the AI traffic in unlisted airstrips? These strips don't have AFCADs and sometimes don't have ICAO/IATA codes. But it may be enough to write data to files taxi_graph.txt, airports.dat and add SID/STARs?

I don't think so as the traffic files (bgl) rely on scenery data such as afcad bgls as a "target" - those txt files for AIC are just a readout from these BGL's to control the movement in the SID / STAR phase.

otherwise AIC would be a complete replacement for the engine controlling AI in FSX

I remember reading in forum that there is going to be update for such a amazing program. Any news about it?

Ash Nerurkar

Ash Nerurkar

After 4 full days of testing I give up.  AIC is NOT able to control AI traffic corectlly.  Dot.   Many airplanes went to the universe.  The WORST is, that AIC do NOT release airplanes back to FSX/P3D when it is stoped.  So not worth. Unfortunatelly. It looked well from the start, but simply it is not working corectly.   Other thing is that settings in AI Monitor do not works as well. When You think you changed something, no you did not. Just look at AIC cfg file !!!   Some important settings are back to previous state. Next problem is, that since I started to use AIC my SUPER STABLE instalation of P3D started to be UNSTABLE, even now. when I do not use AIC.  Maybe AIC changed something in P3D, I do not know. 

Doas anyone know something about AISmooth program?  I have it, and it is conecting to FSUIPC , but do not recognize P3D v1.4 is running....  

Generally I use very realistic plight plans for AI, so all I need is to separate distance between planes to let departures litle space to take off.   Description of AISmooth offers some holding . This could be perfect...

Next problem is, that since I started to use AIC my SUPER STABLE instalation of P3D started to be UNSTABLE, even now. when I do not use AIC.  Maybe AIC changed something in P3D, I do not know. 

As far as I know AIC is a completely stand-alone application and does not change anything in FSX or P3D.

Personally I have been using AIC+UT2 for over a year and I think it is working very well in general. I don't enhanced though.

It depends on what are you focused for.  It only "looks like" working well.  When you will check with traffic toolbox what really happens with AI planes , you will be surprised.  If you would like to use real flight plans and check if they really happen, then AIC becomes to be uselles. Many planes disapear. Many are in the universe, many are on gates still "slaved" and never activate again....    But offcours it is anyones choice to use or not. Big problem is not working setting menu in AI Monitor and keeping planes in slave mod forever. Then "real traffic" can not happend as plane can not fly its next leg.

Here's some demos for version 2 beta.

Sorry for the video quality and frame rate due to video recorder.

Just to demonstrate how AI Controller Ver 2 now has full control over departures and arrivals.  All AI are being flown instead of slewed.

First video is using new easy runway selection feature to force landings to KLAX 24L and departures to KLAX 24R

Second video shows a final approach KLAX 24L in heavy crosswind conditions.

Third video shows a takeoff roll.  Notice the fast runway entry and transition to takeoff roll.  Climbout speed is a bit too fast (beta issue)!

• Upvote 5