Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

No news is good news. If **** hit the fan, I am sure it would be known. 

For me, this is how I work...when I'm making steady progress I don't communicate as much as I should unfortunately.  However, if I felt I hit a roadblock I would let you guys know for sure.  I'll upload a demo video of version 2 today probably.

• Upvote 1

Here's a link to video going over the features of ver. 2

The program is feature complete, I'm in the bug-quashing and tweaking phase now.  Indeed, the video shows an AI crash landing in the distance, but I won't admit where!

Among the new features: 

1) program now controls all flight and taxi operations (push back, taxi out, takeoff, SID, jet routes, STAR, final, taxi-in, parking) for full, uninterrupted control over all flight operations.

2) allows user to select landing and takeoff runways on a per airport basis

3) AI is now flown instead of slewed for more realistic flight results.

• Upvote 6

Great, waiting for the beta version, thank you, Roland  :yahoo:

Me too :smile:

Because i saw some really ugly Models in the Video (My Traffic?),  i wonder how it will work with good Models, pimped with JansFDE, at this stage.

And i wonder how much you will improve the "stop and go" behavior of the  taxiing traffic. Currently it look rather strange, but will maybe only a matter of settings...

How do you handle the pushback? Do you will search for the next major taxiway in case of long distance pushback? Or will you push a fix distance straight an turn 90° at all gates?

Thanks for the video, Roland, that's really looking very good. Amazing work.

I really hope you can iron out the stop-slew-and-go behaviour because that still does look a bit weird. I was wondering if the aircraft have to be slewed to take turns. I know that most AFCADs include sharp turns and the question is if there is a way to make them do a turn according to a bezier curve.

Thank you so much for your work!

Cheers

Wow, great work! I'm curious how my freeware AI aircraft sounds would sound while on approach and taxiing.

The combination of your hard work and aircraft sounds would be great for us AI plane spotters!

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Because i saw some really ugly Models in the Video (My Traffic?),  i wonder how it will work with good Models, pimped with JansFDE, at this stage.
And i wonder how much you will improve the "stop and go" behavior of the  taxiing traffic. Currently it look rather strange, but will maybe only a matter of settings...

How do you handle the pushback? Do you will search for the next major taxiway in case of long distance pushback? Or will you push a fix distance straight an turn 90° at all gates?

The better the FDE and visual quality, the better it should work.

Stop and go should able to get smoothed out via settings.

Re: pushback I search for the next waypoint after the gate waypoint, but this isn't a 100% yet.  I might add a minimum pushback distance.

I really hope you can iron out the stop-slew-and-go behaviour because that still does look a bit weird. I was wondering if the aircraft have to be slewed to take turns. I know that most AFCADs include sharp turns and the question is if there is a way to make them do a turn according to a bezier curve.

You'll be able to turn off slew-assisted sharp turns via settings, but some AI models just don't turn that well on the ground (and some have no problem).  For the AI that don't turn well (i.e., a high turn radius), it becomes a problem at the sampling rate I'm using to anticipate the turn-in several meters ahead and then track a slow turn with tiller, throttle and brakes.  It is something I'll continue looking at to improve.  Sometimes I think FSX/P3D use a special "animated" slew mode when they control AI on the ground because I never see any throttle lag!

Wow, great work! I'm curious how my freeware AI aircraft sounds would sound while on approach and taxiing.

The combination of your hard work and aircraft sounds would be great for us AI plane spotters!

Should be fine...however one project I'm looking into as an add-on to this program is better AI sounds because I already know a lot about each specific AI model and its status in relation to the user's aircraft position.

Regards,

-Roland

• Upvote 4

Hi Roland,

I'm glad to know that the V2 progress is going well.

I'm wondering if the new version comes with ATC add-on compatibility.

Currently, the AI controller-controlled aircraft is not detected by the ATC add-on, which causes that the user-aircraft is cleared for takeoff while the AI aircraft under the control of AI Controller is on the runway or approaching short final.

Usually, the add-on software detects those AI and gives user-aircraft appropriate instructions based on the AI status.

So my question is whether the V2 would make those software detect the AI aircraft that is controlled by the program while on ground / in the air.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work and looking forward to the next update!

-Tak

• Upvote 1

Hi Roland,

I'm glad to know that the V2 progress is going well.

I'm wondering if the new version comes with ATC add-on compatibility.

Currently, the AI controller-controlled aircraft is not detected by the ATC add-on, which causes that the user-aircraft is cleared for takeoff while the AI aircraft under the control

of AI Controller is on the runway or approaching short final.

Usually, the add-on software detects those AI and gives user-aircraft appropriate instructions based on the AI status.

So my question is whether the V2 would make those software detect the AI aircraft that is controlled by the program while on ground / in the air.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work and looking forward to the next update!

-Tak

I agree with this and it is the case for "enhanced mode".  It creates two reality bubbles, One fsx-bubble and one AIC-bubble. Anything and everything is the AIC-bubble.

is undetected by FSX. There are anti-incursions options available but they don't really solve the problem. I mostly fly without ATC at all though (only during taxi/star/landing)

but I still don't like the loss of "situational awareness". I can't tell what is going on around me, what other aircrafts are on approach ad etc.

Hi Roland, this is great work.

Would it be possible to allow programmatic changes to runways in use?  In other words, I would like to write a program that defines the runways in use depending on conditions I set.  That way, the runways in use at any airport could be updated automatically without any manual intervention (which improves immersion).  

Maybe one simple way is to set AIController to regularly check a cfg file - maybe every 30 seconds or one minute, which I (or any other programmer) could write to whenever we want to set the runways in use...

Lastly, it would be great if you could provide a way for us to set the runway for specific aircraft programmatically (API!) so we can distribute aircraft across runways using as many rules as we can think of :)

Cheers,

Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

How many runways will you be able to control for landing (breaking up into %).  I believe the last version was 3.  Up to 4 would be awesome......Thanks for everything.

I agree with this and it is the case for "enhanced mode".  It creates two reality bubbles, One fsx-bubble and one AIC-bubble. Anything and everything is the AIC-bubble.

is undetected by FSX. There are anti-incursions options available but they don't really solve the problem. I mostly fly without ATC at all though (only during taxi/star/landing)

but I still don't like the loss of "situational awareness". I can't tell what is going on around me, what other aircrafts are on approach ad etc.

Tak and Bubo, good points.

The problem is I can't modify the internal FSX/P3D traffic states (which ATC programs use) without a hack.  I certainly can generate my own state (and do already via a telemetry output option), so if any ATC program out there wants to interface, there more than welcome.  My next step though (if I can't find an ATC partner) is to do it myself.  The hardest part for me would be the artisan-craftsman side of it  (e.g., realistic voice production), however at least we would have an ATC program tightly integrated with AI traffic.

Some ATC programs read traffic state info. from FSUIPC tables (e.g. Radar Contact), so I'll put in a request to Peter to make the state information writable so I can update traffic state and make those programs more compatible.  

Would it be possible to allow programmatic changes to runways in use?  In other words, I would like to write a program that defines the runways in use depending on conditions I set.  That way, the runways in use at any airport could be updated automatically without any manual intervention (which improves immersion).  

Maybe one simple way is to set AIController to regularly check a cfg file - maybe every 30 seconds or one minute, which I (or any other programmer) could write to whenever we want to set the runways in use...

Lastly, it would be great if you could provide a way for us to set the runway for specific aircraft programmatically (API!) so we can distribute aircraft across runways using as many rules as we can think of :)

Sure Byrn!  You can write to the AIController.ini file yourself with the desired runway info., which causes AIController to read the new data.

How many runways will you be able to control for landing (breaking up into %).  I believe the last version was 3.  Up to 4 would be awesome......Thanks for everything.

There really isn't a limit per airport, you can enter a long runway string via the windows interface (or directly into the .file)...e.g., KATL,A,26L,26R,27L,27R,28....

-Roland

• Upvote 1