Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

hi Rolland

how is possible for your program to control the cruise AI traffic speed?

Actually across pro atc X i can follow all AI traffic arround my plane, and i can watch the speed of each plane, but there are some plane with a speed of 500; 700 knots!

Maybe you know a way to avoid that.

Thanks in advance

Frédéric Giraud

Tak and Bubo, good points.

The problem is I can't modify the internal FSX/P3D traffic states (which ATC programs use) without a hack.  I certainly can generate my own state (and do already via a telemetry output option), so if any ATC program out there wants to interface, there more than welcome.  My next step though (if I can't find an ATC partner) is to do it myself.  The hardest part for me would be the artisan-craftsman side of it  (e.g., realistic voice production), however at least we would have an ATC program tightly integrated with AI traffic.

Some ATC programs read traffic state info. from FSUIPC tables (e.g. Radar Contact), so I'll put in a request to Peter to make the state information writable so I can update traffic state and make those programs more compatible.  

Roland,

Thanks for your consideration.

I'm glad that you have a vision to make AIC compatible with ATC addons.

I'm not a software developer nor person involved in addon development, so I don't want to say anything irresponsible.

But there are some ATC addons which are kept updated (e.g PF3, Pilot2ATC) other than Radar Contact and AIC is becoming common in flightsim community as well.

So it must be a great idea to contact and cooperate with those active developers for integration/cooperation.

You know how to control the AI and they know how to produce the realistic voice instruction with accurate phraseology. 

As far as I know, it is sometimes a problem for ATC developers too, to actually overcome the limitation of internal FSX/P3D controlled AI aircraft and I think AIC V2 is a complete solution for it.

I'm sorry for a long post but it is my strong wish, as an IFR flyer, to have the combination of realistic AI control and fully compatible ATC.

Anyway, I'm sure that your first priority is to complete V2 development, so please consider my opinion as a future development plan.

Tak

• Upvote 1

I have been using AI Controller in P3D 3.3 for a while now with no issues and now all of a sudden when I click AI Monitor to open it I see the icon in the taskbar but the program never opens.  I have tried re-installing with no luck as well as a manual install.  I can't get the program to work at all now.  Any ideas?

Brandon

I have been using AI Controller in P3D 3.3 for a while now with no issues and now all of a sudden when I click AI Monitor to open it I see the icon in the taskbar but the program never opens.  I have tried re-installing with no luck as well as a manual install.  I can't get the program to work at all now.  Any ideas?

Brandon

have a look at page 67 / post #1004

Tak and Bubo, good points.

The problem is I can't modify the internal FSX/P3D traffic states (which ATC programs use) without a hack.  I certainly can generate my own state (and do already via a telemetry output option)

, so if any ATC program out there wants to interface, there more than welcome.  My next step though (if I can't find an ATC partner) is to do it myself.  The hardest part for me would be the

artisan-craftsman side of it  (e.g., realistic voice production), however at least we would have an ATC program tightly integrated with AI traffic.

Some ATC programs read traffic state info. from FSUIPC tables (e.g. Radar Contact), so I'll put in a request to Peter to make the state information writable so I can update traffic state and make

those programs more compatible.  

-Roland

Thanks for your reply Roland.

When we may expect a release?

Pretty soon, but it will only be beta.  I don't want to fall into the trap of endlessly tweaking the alpha version, but there is still some small but important features I want to add.  One comes from the last demo..the AI has problem lining up on a short final if the intercept angle is obtuse (never had this problem in the old version where I slewed the AI instead of flying them).  The solution is for the AI to fly a simple tear-drop type procedural turn.  Pretty simple fix, but I'm one person and that single feature takes at least a week to write and debug.

how is possible for your program to control the cruise AI traffic speed?

I'm just using simconnect, which makes possible different ways to control the speed.

But there are some ATC addons which are kept updated....

Thanks Tak, much appreciated.  I'm in tunnel vision mode right now, I don't really use FSX/P3D for recreation anymore, just for development.  So I find suggestions like yours very helpful!

-Roland

• Upvote 1

Great program!  I have set everything up but struggling with the final piece of the jigsaw with the Sid/Star Converter.  It says copy contents of samplecfg.txt to aisidstar.cfg file.  Where do I find aisidstar.cfg?  Despite missing this last step everything appears to work ok.

Thomas Derbyshire

i think it's about to copy/paste the content of the Sample.cfg (inside the SidStarConverter directory) into the AIController.ini

Hi,

trying to up-date airac data, i cannot find runway.xml path anymore in P3d V3.

Could anyone help how to set-up aiconv ?

Thank you very much.

Eric

Just a heads up guys, alpha version testing has begun on ver 2.  I've released it to a small group of users to try to find show-stopper bugs.  Hopefully we can get through alpha testing quickly and go to beta.

Thanks

-Roland

• Upvote 4

Just a heads up guys, alpha version testing has begun on ver 2.  I've released it to a small group of users to try to find show-stopper bugs.  Hopefully we can get through alpha testing quickly and go to beta.

Thanks

-Roland

Perfect Roland, thanks a lot for your hard work

Carsten U

Thanks

-Roland

Good news, Roland,
thank you so much for your efforts!!!