Sign in to follow this  
Nduru

Ezdok on V 2.5

K installed EZDOK 1.18.5 beta for P3D, everything seems to work but when I'm in the virtual cockpit view and hold the middle mouse better to look around the cockpit, it doesn't move.

Any ideas?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi guys,

Interesting issue I have and not really sure how to solve it at the moment?

I had EZDok on FSX and recently moved to P3d. I followed the instructions for getting Ezdok to work and I had no issues what so ever. However my C drive was getting awfully full and I decided that it was time to get rid of the mighty FSX, I uninstalled it completely and all my addons - I didnt delete the Ezdok folder in program files x86. Anyway went into p3d after the uninstall and the first thing I noticed was that ezdok hadn't started...so I decided to go through the procedure again using the EZCA 1.18.5 Beta - different forum so I wont post the link.

I noticed the ezdok folder in program files was quite empty so I replaced it with my backup I had made prior to installing the beta - that should work...nope!

So heres where I am - it opens with prepared now but I get that dreaded warning sound and it comes up with the following message: Class not registered. Then after that message spamming my desktop for a few seconds ezdok gives up and quits.

As I have only just moved across to P3D I have not ever used a migration tool and dont plan on it either as the developer has stated that it will break it...

So any thoughts or ideas? Maybe a new download of the original again? Although with no FSX installed will it no what to do with itself?

Many thanks!

Anthony

Anthony Milner

Ok so after that very long winded tale of woe - I just went back and re-installed Ezdok from my original downloaded executable. Deleted the old folder and re-installed and presto - back working again now! So feel free to disregard!

Cheers,

Anthony

Anthony Milner

-install 1.15 using the Estonia Migration Tool. It won't install into P3D on its own

Hello.   Ok having some problems.  Do i Install V 1.15 first using the Migration Tool THEN install 1.18 and DONT use the Migration Tool ? 

Second problem:

Here is an extract from the instructions at the SimForms which i really don't understand 

""Copy all files to the ProgramFiles(?86)\EZCA folder and overwrite anything there. Again, make sure  you backup this folder first""

Does that mean i have to copy and paste the files from 1.18 into my Flight Estonia file in the original file in C drive?   Actually just copy and paste from one to another? 

Any help would be awarded with a terrible joke  :rolleyes: 

Hello.   Ok having some problems.  Do i Install V 1.15 first using the Migration Tool THEN install 1.18 and DONT use the Migration Tool ? 

You need to read these instructions carefully - to much to explain - you do load 1.15 first  - you do not over write anything in estonia tool - you are over writing your ezca main folder files with the beta - the instructions should help you 

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html

Rich Sennett

Does that mean i have to copy and paste the files from 1.18 into my Flight Estonia file in the original file in C drive?

Elaine, provided you already have EZDOK installed, Estonia Migration is not needed anymore.

The latest version is actually 1.18.6 and the link to it is here

http://www.ezdok-software.com/resources/files/EZCA_1186.zip

All you need to do is copy the files from the zip file to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA

Then run the config.exe from there, everything else should be straightforward.

EZDOK is completely independent from your simulator, it only adds an entry to your exe.xml file.

I've just read through a Carenado thread so I've had my fair share of terrible jokes for today... ;)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Thank you Rich and Neil.      Ok i have copied and pasted the 1.186 file into my EZCA file and it looks like this now.  The thing is though the Config.exe file is still the old one and not the new that should be in 1.186.  So i'm afraid to touch it.    :lol:  

18315355338_f595bae065_o.png

Elaine, make sure you overwrite the config.exe with the new one?

Neil Andrews.

Yes its working,  i can now see it on my Add On's menu. 

Elaine, make sure you overwrite the config.exe with the new one?

That's exactly what i done, thank you Neil.  Its official, now i know everything   :rolleyes:

Heres your terrible joke  :lol:

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me. 

As an extra, 

go into C:\Users\[Terrible Joke Teller]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ and open cameras.cfg

inside you'll see

[CameraDefinition.201]
Title = EZCA VC cam

in this section, change
ShowLensFlare=False to ShowLensFlare=TRUE (self explanatory!)
and clipmode=Minimum to clipmode=Normal (this apparently helps with cockpit 'shimmers')

Both are entirely optional tweaks though..only for the brave ;)
Do I get another joke now?

Neil Andrews.

You guys crack me up - well done all

Rich Sennett

Few evenings ago i met a lovely man called Easy Dock,  from a distance it was love at first sight but as i got closer to them green hills i released he was a little arrogant not very transparent, hard to figure out and quite frankly a pain in the rear end. We chatted for a couple of hours, some good chat other times i wanted to box him.  With a pinch on button pressing,  a smidgen of patients and a dollop of manipulation i had him all figured out and at my command  :lol:   

Very happy indeed with this fantastic Ad On,  makes it sooo much better,  being able to zoom around the place.

As an extra, 

Thank you Neil,  i will try that,    Anyways i'm going now to set up my B17 views  :rolleyes:

I heard the author of EZDOK is back in business again and have made a new version specifically for FSX Steam Edition and P3D v2.5. EZDOK 1.18.6

Anyone try the new version? I don't think you even need to use the migration tool since it's been updated for P3D now.

Yes, I have and have been struggling with it for the past 3 days.. it runs fine, BUT for the world camera, FSX:boxed and FSX:steam both work ok.. FSX:Boxed is up and down sometimes it works sometime it does not. I am talking about world camera only.,