Sign in to follow this  

FMS Update

Hi guys,

hope to find you well,

i just bought this new addon, and i saw some videos with an updated FMS, im wondering how they did it cuz i have no idea, ive tried all i know and no success at all.

Thanks in advance

Ruben 

Fake date and information.

Notice in the upper right hand corner. That is suppose to the the current date and time.

The bottom left hand corner just above the <ACCEPT should be the database expiration date. Since we are just into 2015 with cycle 1502 just released with an expiration of 05 MAR 2015 there is no way anyone can have a database that expires in 2016. Not to mention the date given 28 FEB 16 does not match any known cycle date. 1601 expires 04 FEB 16 and 1602 expires 03 MAR 16. https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/databases/schedule

In the bottom right hand corner the Software Control Number (SCN) does not match any known Universal SCN and it totally made up by Carenado.

As someone who teaches Universal FMSs I can assure you this system is at best a very simplistic version with only minimal look and feel to a real UNS-1. Even on the look and feel, Carenado got it wrong on so many levels.

If you want to experience something a little closer to real UNS-1 then I recommend the Milviz 737-200. They seem to have put the research and time in coding something that feels more like a real FMS.  Carenado's FMS is just another in a long line of disguised default GPS gauges. Only useful for those who do not want to learn real aircraft avionics. 

Here is the real initialization page from a UNS-1 (PRIMUS 1000 color scheme.)

UNS-1%20INIT%20Page.png?psid=1

Photo © 2015 by KenG.

Oh wow, then it is a fake!

Thanks Ken, i really appreciate you information, i assume there is no way to update the FMS data?

Thanks in advance

Ruben

i assume there is no way to update the FMS data?

Thanks in advance

Ruben

No, not in this product.

But if you look elsewhere in this sub-forum, you'll find a mod that places the ISG seperate payware FMS into the Citation II.   It's a mod by Janek, who replied to you above, and he's done an amazing job (there are other fixes in his work too).

You will of course have to already own ISG though (or buy it).