2. i7 4790 (4.00 GHZ)

3. NVidia GTX 750 TI (2 gb)

4. Ram 8 

5. Asus mother board (Z97-K)

6. Window 7 home premium

7. 64 bit
8. Power supply 650 wat

I get about 17 FPS at vtbs (A_A scenary) on VC, especially the pmdg 777

but this low every time in most of my plane.

Please help me fix it,

p.s. already tweak my FSX too though.

Yeah seems about right for your system. If you want more FPS, turn down settings.

can't i make it higher with out chaging my setting?

p.s. my setting is about midium though.

not max. XD

Maybe a good memory like 2400 Mhz or higher, an SSD HD and overclocking (coupled with liquid cooling) could help...

1. 1000 gb hard drive
2. i7 4790 (4.00 GHZ) <<< overclock?
3. NVidia GTX 750 TI (2 gb)  <<< GTX760 should be the absolute minimum
4. Ram 8 
5. Asus mother board (Z97-K)
6. Window 7 home premium
7. 64 bit
8. Power supply 650 wat

17-18 fps is actually OK on the ground at a payware airport. As long as it is smooth and not stuttering, FPS should not really matter.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

can't i make it higher with out chaging my setting?

p.s. my setting is about midium though.

not max. XD

No. Lowering settings such as Autogen and traffic should be the first thing to do. Also, don't run super high levels of AA. 4x I think would be your max with that card.

There's a few settings in the performance tab you could try (PMDG setup->Options->Performance).

Terr image detail: Low

Terr image size: 256

Terr dither colors: yes

Not sure what "terr sweep" does, but it probably eats up CPU cycles, so I would turn it off.

Perhaps turn off the FO display as well.

There's a few settings in the performance tab you could try (PMDG setup->Options->Performance).

Terr image detail: Low

Terr image size: 256

Terr dither colors: yes

Not sure what "terr sweep" does, but it probably eats up CPU cycles, so I would turn it off.

Perhaps turn off the FO display as well.

I have played with these settings before and they make little or no difference to FPS (maybe 1-2 FPS Max). I run it at the highest settings here perfectly fine.

Have you used the tweaks on this forum and suggested settings in the PMDG documentation?

I am perfectly happy with 18-22 fps as long as there's no stutter and the animation is smooth.  Don't dwell on that number, simply changing your [TEXT.2] entry to display average frame rate reveals how much this number varies inside the application and the number you see on the screen is a very damped value.

For the OP, I have very similiar system. Forget the suggestion to buy SSD or more memory, plain hogwash.  However, you can use Process Explorer to look at how your cores are loaded and how much the GPU is working.... odds are they are just coasting and there's just not much you can do other than make very minor changes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Follow the Nvidia Inspector guide pinned at the top of this forum,

Then tweak your settings accordingly...

I have an i5 4670k oc'd to 4.2, and SLI 770's (which doesn't help in FSX for performance, but they drive 3 monitors). 

I run my scenery settings on a medium tier. It seems to be the water effects, as well as autogen that seem to affect it the most. I run my water settings at high 1x and autogen at normal.

I usually get around 30-40 fps in dense areas (at 5760x1080), and usually around 60-80 fps in cruise.

My overclock also helped improve my FPS significantly - not sure if that is an option with your processor & cooling assembly.

I am toying with replacing my processor from an i7 4770 to an i7 4790K as,ming my motherboard support that would I see an improvement in performance?

Brian Crawley

I am toying with replacing my processor from an i7 4770 to an i7 4790K as,ming my motherboard support that would I see an improvement in performance?

If its from an i7 4770 and not an i7 4770K, then you will have the change to overclock your 4790K CPU. The gain in FPS from running stock 3.5 ghz to OCed 4.4-4.6 ghz is quite remarkable. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth