Sign in to follow this  
por por

LOW FPS on high pc spec

Thank you, I will try and research if my motherboard will support it.  It is currently a stock HP envy device, so I am not too hopeful.  Would overlocking be done in the BIOS or by other means.  I imagine I would have to improve cooling too, although I have already beefed my Power supply to 650watts, they never come strong enough.

Brian Crawley

Actually I have used it for years and have always been satisfied with the outcome. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

The bufferpools tweak can increase performance on some systems, and take other systems to their knees. It's not to be used lightly. 

The bufferpools tweak can increase performance on some systems, and take other systems to their knees. It's not to be used lightly. 

That's why you fill in the system information pull down list's. If you give the correct information it will give you a great FSX config. Things you don't want just remove.  SIMPLE.

Dave Taylor gb.png

That's why you fill in the system information pull down list's. If you give the correct information it will give you a great FSX config. Things you don't want just remove.  SIMPLE.

Wrong, it puts the bufferpool tweak no matter the system. It is best to do all the tweaking manually so that you understand what each tweak does so that if something has a negative impact, you can remove the tweak causing it. Using that tool will not help you at all in this case. If you take the time to read NickN's guide (you can skip all the windows/hardware stuff and go straight to the FSX tweaks. I'm sure he knows more about the back end of FSX than the other guy who has mysteriously disappeared....), he quite clearly explains every tweak and which ones actually help and others that do not. He also explains how some of the tweaks in that auto config tool (which btw is 5 years old...) do not help and can even negatively impact your system, even if you did pick your system. So thank you very much it is NOT SIMPLE at all, unless you can't be bothered reading two pages of text and are looking for a quick fix (when has there ever been a quick fix for FSX? Good joke!).

Here's a comparison. Using a FSX.cfg created by your "simple" tool, I am lucky to get 10 FPS in the 777 VC in any situation at all, whether it's cruising, at an airport (addon or default) etc. It is literally a slide show.

Using a manually set up FSX.cfg following NickN's guide, I get minimum 20FPS in 777 VC at Aerosoft's Heathrow airport. 

Exact same settings, just difference in the tweaks.

Bit of a difference..........

Thank you, I will try and research if my motherboard will support it.  It is currently a stock HP envy device, so I am not too hopeful.  Would overlocking be done in the BIOS or by other means.  I imagine I would have to improve cooling too, although I have already beefed my Power supply to 650watts, they never come strong enough.

Changing your CPU to a 4790K will not allow you to overclock because HP will have locked the bios.

I posted the same problem in another topic in this forum.  I compared the performance in FSX to P3D and found P3D wanting.  It appears to me that there is a speed wall in P3D on my system which has no problem running FSX.

Ron Oines

Using a manually set up FSX.cfg following NickN's guide, I get minimum 20FPS in 777 VC at Aerosoft's Heathrow airport.

Where at Heathrow and in what model of the T7?

Also this.

That is of no interest if your using an AMD machine.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Where at Heathrow and in what model of the T7?

Doesn't really matter for either of them. I don't run traffic so I save a lot of resources there.

Doesn't really matter for either of them. I don't run traffic so I save a lot of resources there.

PMDG 77LR, UK 2000 Heathrow Extreme, Terminal 5, Gate 535, 26-29 FPS in VC. I guess venetubo hasn't damaged it too much. Huh?

PMDG 77LR, UK 2000 Heathrow Extreme, Terminal 5, Gate 535, 26-29 FPS in VC. I guess venetubo hasn't damaged it too much. Huh?

Like I said it's system specific. Keep in mind I run a 4 year old dell laptop with dual core i5.