Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

RAMDisk with FSX... Yay or nay?

Yes, I moved Effects, default scenery and terrain, UT2 Aircraft to a Ramdisk, works for me.

LORBY-SI

Yay. I use a RAM caching program called PrimoCache which is sort of like a RAM disk, but it doesn't require you to constantly copy over things or use symbolic/hard links. All you have to do is set the amount of RAM you want to use for the cache, block size (smaller is faster, although uses a larger memory overhead), strategy (read, write, or both), and the defer write option is said to increase the life of your SSD (if available).

Speeds things up in regards to texture loading, but won't provide any FPS increases.

How much RAM do you have?

16 GB. I used to have 8 GB before I started using the RAM cache. I make the cache around 4 GB or so. Plenty for FSX. .

16 GB. I used to have 8 GB before I started using the RAM cache. I make the cache around 4 GB or so. Plenty for FSX. .

Is this better than an SSD?