Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Descent Checklist (1.4 P3Dv2)

Hi Bryan

First , Thank you for given us a free port over to P3DV2.

Just a little Q. (This is mostly regarding training with a saved flight so i know its not recommended and can be a problem)

If you pass over the events and go straight to Descent Checklist should the Descent/Approach Briefing trigger the F/O work - events ?

Thanks

Michael 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Michael,

First, saved situation flights are generally a no-no.  

Second, you can go straight to the descent checklist if desired.  You don't need to run the Approach brief.

Running the descent checklist will put you in descent mode (note the flashing * symbol) on the FS2Crew Main Panel.  All subsequent FO approach calls should work.

Thank Bryan but what about the actions that the F/O normally do like setting autobrakes and VREF? He does not do it. I thought the briefing was the action trigger.

Thanks for a great product.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thank Bryan but what about the actions that the F/O normally do like setting autobrakes and VREF? He does not do it. I thought the briefing was the action trigger.

Correct, the briefing is the trigger for those specific actions.

So you can either do them yourself, or run the Brief.

Best,

Correct, the briefing is the trigger for those specific actions.

So you can either do them yourself, or run the Brief.

Best,

Dont be mad B) but this was my first post was all about he he . The trigger does not work when you jump to Descent checklist and run the briefing ,

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

The trigger does not work when you jump to Descent checklist and run the briefing

The FO's descent flow should start about 60 seconds after the brief has started regardless of whether you've done the Descent Checklist or not.

It's not doing that for you?

Best,

Must be those 60 seconds.Did not think there would be that big delay.Seems ok.

Thanks Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

So as not to hijack Michael's thread, Bryan, I noticed when initiating the Secondary Command TRANS ALT, why is it that I, as the PF, have to change the 29.92 Baro setting to STD on reaching Transition Altitude on climb-out and vice-versa on Descent. Is there a way to get the FO to change that Baro setting? Or something for the next SP?

Not quite sure I follow.

In the PMDG options, you should have FO's altimeter auto sync with the Captain's altimeter.

Okay, to clarify. When the Trans Alt is shown in the right-hand side window of the Main Panel i.e. where the Secondary Button prompts are displayed, and I use the Secondary Button to initiate that command, I hear the 'Set......to STD', where it was 29.92 or whatever when reaching transition altitude, but instead of seeing the FO press the Baro knob marked STD, it is me as the PF that has to press that knob to change the Baro setting from STD-29.92 and vice-versa.

Hope this clarifies.

instead of seeing the FO press the Baro knob marked STD, it is me as the PF that has to press that knob to change the Baro setting from STD-29.92 and vice-versa.

The FO won't press it... you have to press STD.

Since your altimeters are supposed to be in sync, the FO will press STD when you press STD.

The FO won't press it... you have to press STD.

Since your altimeters are supposed to be in sync, the FO will press STD when you press STD.

That's what I was asking about, whether in a future SP, the FO could do the 'pressing'? No big deal as it is.

That's what I was asking about, whether in a future SP, the FO could do the 'pressing'? No big deal as it is.

We could perhaps add a user option to have him press it for users who don't have their altimeters set to sync.

Cheers,