Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

P3D v2.5...Does anyone use DSR?

I am using 347.52,and cannot seem to be able to turn on DSR,could someone please share their global settings?

Edit, I am running 2 780 ti cards in SLI,with just the graphic driver,no experience.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I am using 347.52,and cannot seem to be able to turn on DSR,could someone please share their global settings?

This - how does one enable DSR in P3D?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Its done in the driver global settings,by right clicking desktop. I have the dropdown,but the only choice is off.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/B1900Mech/JIM-PC/DSR.jpg

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Its done in the driver global settings,by right clicking desktop. I have the dropdown,but the only choice is off.

That's weird...I suppose your GPU is supported. There is a list of supported GPUs here: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/supported-gpus

Else, I would try a clean re-installation. 

Using DSR 4x, its close to real-life experience clarity for me...There must be found a way to use this technology with minimum performance cost.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I can confirm DSR does work in the 347.52 driver. Although I am not too happy with the effect, I tried it several times before but never was. At first, it has a noticeable performance impact (slower texture loading and fps, albeit not as hard as 4xSGSS, and the simulator seems to be less smooth) and it does not completely cure (but improve) the shimmering houses' facades.

It think it's my combination of screen + graphics adapter. I have a ~3K widescreen monitor (34", 3440x1440) and a comparably weak GPU (EVGA GTX 760 4 GB, factory overclocked though). While the GPU manages native resolution quite well, it comes to the margin (i.e. close to 100 % usage) using 4x SGSS or high DSR settings in "hard" environments, but is better in handling 4xSGSS.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Edit, I am running 2 780 ti cards in SLI,with just the graphic driver,no experience.

I think that the DSR does not work in SLI mode.

Edit @ Michael

I think that the shimmering of the facades is not totally solved in any way.

I tried even with DSR 4x and 8x SGSS (no clouds).

That is a bug in the NVidia CP. Go to your Windows Control Panel - mouse settings - Pointer Options Tab and make sure "Snap to: Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" is UNCHECKED.

That is a bug in the NVidia CP. Go to your Windows Control Panel - mouse settings - Pointer Options Tab and make sure "Snap to: Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" is UNCHECKED.

Thanks for the tip,turned up to max,doesn't seem to work in my setup.

I'm assuming you know this but just in case. When you're in the sim, alt+enter twice. If your red info text is now tiny, you've got DSR!

I'm assuming you know this but just in case. When you're in the sim, alt+enter twice. If your red info text is now tiny, you've got DSR!

Still no go for me.

I updated my GPU driver the other day and got hundreds of shimmering objects like metallic structures glinting in the sun. In the CP I restored all settings and it made no difference. At that time the P3D profile did not have an active Restore button anyway, so I made an adjustment and Applied. Now I had the restore button active, so I restored and Applied. Went back in the sim and the glinting was gone now. SO not sure if all internal settings are defaulted unless there has been a fresh profile created after the driver update. Worth checking out.

I was just using 2xDSR and 4xSGSS with a Carenado 1900 best I've seen it on my 1920x1200.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hello 

I got 4xMSAA and 16x texture filtering in P3D settings and in NVI I have 4xsgss and 16x Anis. filtering , is it enough to have the 16x texture filtering in p3d only or should i also put it in NVI ? 

Also i tried DSR but for some reason it just keeps shimmering i might be doing something wrong ( I had 4xsgss in NVI and dsr on , i didnt use msaa , is that correct ?) Btw im using P3D 2.5

Hello 

I got 4xMSAA and 16x texture filtering in P3D settings and in NVI I have 4xsgss and 16x Anis. filtering , is it enough to have the 16x texture filtering in p3d only or should i also put it in NVI ? 

Also i tried DSR but for some reason it just keeps shimmering i might be doing something wrong ( I had 4xsgss in NVI and dsr on , i didnt use msaa , is that correct ?) Btw im using P3D 2.5

You have to set MSAA in the sim to the same multiplyer as in NI. So set 4xMSAA in P3D, and set NI 4xSGSS. Also set aniso mode to 16x, and user defined 16x in NI. Texture to clamp, high quality.

You have to set MSAA in the sim to the same multiplyer as in NI. So set 4xMSAA in P3D, and set NI 4xSGSS. Also set aniso mode to 16x, and user defined 16x in NI. Texture to clamp, high quality.

Hey , I'll try these settings and let you know what i think about them . I just saw a photo of rob's NVI settings . He has 4x Msaa also set in NVI , what difference does it make to the sim ? cause after all it is already set in the in-game settings .

Thanks

If you set 8xMSAA in the sim and any SGSSAA in NI *other than 8x*, then the Result is 8xMSAA, no SG. You have to "feed" NI with the same "multiplier" in the sim setting.