Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

P3D v2.5...Does anyone use DSR?

Guys, I have a monitor of 1920x1080, I'm using 2x DSR bring my P3D Reso up to 2715X1527 18% Smooth MSAA in P3d is at 8 samples and FXAA is on.

My picture seems a bit too much blurry, what should I do? I find the AA better but at the cost of the blurry picture, what should I change to keep me a better picture?

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If you set 8xMSAA in the sim and any SGSSAA in NI *other than 8x*, then the Result is 8xMSAA, no SG. You have to "feed" NI with the same "multiplier" in the sim setting.

Steve, I use 4x MSAA in the sim and 2x SGSS in NI and I have way less shimmering than with SGSS off...

How can this be ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I've had some problems recently with driver/P3D version that displayed a lot of shimmer with no SGSSAA too, but those problems seem to be gone with the current setup.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I've had some problems recently with driver/P3D version that displayed a lot of shimmer with no SGSSAA too, but those problems seem to be gone with the current setup.

can you tell me your DSR settings

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Steve, what are your NVIDIA driver version and your 2.5 hotfix version now?

Even with v2.5 of P3D we still have to mess with cfg files? Geez, I thought that was just an FSX thing. When will we be able to just load up and fly and not have to worry about all these tweaks to get the perfect settings?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Steve, what are your NVIDIA driver version and your 2.5 hotfix version now?

344.88 and 12945.

first of all sorry for my English and my ignorance, my question is this, you can use this technique on any monitor / tv 1080p or monitor able to reach those resolutions is required.

thank you

I've had time to check out and revisit the theory: More about using CP, and NI, for DX9, DX10, and DX11 here.

can you tell me your DSR settings

I've been using 1.5xDSR and 4xMSAA with good results. The aircraft makes a difference. With the stock Baron 4xMSAA works great, zoom out in the VC view and everything in the cockpit stays nicely AA'd.

Selecting the Carenado B1900D is a different matter, the instruments all shimmer with an obvious lack of AA. So I closed down P3D and enabled 4xSGSSAA with NI. Back in the sim with the B1900D, and the cockpit was reasonably well AA'd.

In further answer to your question Gary:

Steve, I use 4x MSAA in the sim and 2x SGSS in NI and I have way less shimmering than with SGSS off...

How can this be ?

Continuing with the checks, I found the VC in the B1900D is poorly AA'd with any combination of MSAA and SGSSAA, that did not adhere to MSAA multiple and SGSSAA multiple being set equal. So I tried setting 4xMSAA and 2xSGSSAA and this was poor compared to 2xMSAA and 2xSGSSAA, only 2 & 2, or 4 & 4 smoothed up the VC of the 1900.

However, the B58 does not need any application of Sparse Grid sampling - at all.

This is comparing two aircraft models, there can be other objects in the sim that require SGSSAA. This is the primary use of SGSSAA, otherwise forget about it.

I did have a situation recently after one driver update which left the whole scene shimmering unless I set SGSSAA to any value, so I went through a driver backup and recently installed the latest version. All seems good now with the results described above being repeatable on both my machines. (GTX680 & GTX480 @ 1920x1200)

Hello guys, i am a bit confusing for what peoples means when they say "shimmering".

Do you have an example video / image for me to understand exactly what is it please?

Thanks a lot !

G.

Hello guys, i am a bit confusing for what peoples means when they say "shimmering".

Do you have an example video / image for me to understand exactly what is it please?

Thanks a lot !

G.

Things like light poles and wind farms that shimmer when flying past them

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer