Sign in to follow this  
RexGrant

Beware purchasing FSX Gold Original Edition On Line

Hi

I hope this is the correct forum to place this post'

Some traders are advertiseing FSX Gold (USED) with a piture of the originel logo. and not stateing if original or general (steam).edition.

I got my fingers burnt the first time I ordered even though the sales piture showed the original logo in the left corner I recieved a new steam simulator.  I accepted this and put away the steam disks. I then saw another original used FSX Gold for sale on Amazon.  I emailed the seller and asked him to confirm that it was the original FSX gold and not the general Steam edition .  He replied it was as advertised.

I have just recieved a General new steam edition at a cost of £80+. No doubt I will eventully get my money back but I dont want others to fall into these unscrupulous traders hands. This last one was also from Australia.

Best regards

Rex.

What are "Steam Disks"?  FSX SE doesn't have any disks.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Just curious why not try the steam version

ZORAN

put away the steam disks

Steam is download only...

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Hi all.

The changes in FSX that Steam as had to make, are not fully compatable with some add-on that I will be useing. Plus steam as the Habit of interfering with your game play.That is my opinion of Steam over the years (I have used it on other games.But please dont take that as fact with FSX.) I am just assumeing.

You can buy FSX Gold Steam disks from Australia on the internet But you still have to register them through steam. As I have not installed these disks, I am not 100% sure,you may still have to downlod some of the program to use steam FSX general loaded from disks. ??.

I personely will not use steam for FSX at present. but who knows in time Who knows, I dont.

The reson for the post is that if you require a copy of FSX Gold (original) new or used It will cost You Much more than Buying the STEAM addition.but there are traders out there offering origenal and sending steam. Hopefully I have just bought a used copy for £50 guaranteeed to be un-registerd from a UK private seller.

Best regards

Rex.

You cannot register FSX through Steam, as it is not a Steam product.

FSX:Steam is ONLY available as a download product from Steam & is registered through Steam!

If you purchased them on disk, you were ripped & should have known better! (no such thing as FSX:SE on disk, unless it's pirated!)

FSX: Gold is registered, as it has always been, through Microsoft!

BEWARE buying 2nd hand FSX's or Steam on Disk!! You will be ripped!

You can buy NEW FSX:Gold from:

http://www.kalahari.com/Games/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Edition_p_34589825 for about £50 £8.00 or about $12.00

Kalahari is one of the largest on-line stores here in South Africa!! They only sell genuine!!

Rex, you were ripped off!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

If you purchased them on disk, you were ripped & should have known better! (no such thing as FSX:SE on disk, unless it's pirated!)

Right...Rex, if you're getting FSX Steam Edition on disk, you have a pirated edition.  Dovetail only released FSX-SE through Steam.

Plus steam as the Habit of interfering with your game play.

Not in my experience.  I have many, many titles I've bought through Steam and have zero problems with any of them.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I don't know what the situation is in other countries, but over here in the Netherlands the Gold edition is not being sold anymore, at least not via the normal resellers. The only way to get a copy of the Gold edition here is via a second hand market. The asking price for those copies is even higher (around €130) than what I paid for my copy years ago (somewhere around €80). Looks like it's becoming a collectors item.

Not here in South Africa! Shop around!

Not here in South Africa! Shop around!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi all

You Can Buy Steam FSX Gold On Disk in both Australia and New Zealand The disk case is Identical to  standerd addition Case Ecept it as a diferent Logo With a G in a trangle and the word General.

On the bottom of the rear of the case It says Plese contact games for windows  Australia 13-20-58    Newzealand 0800-800-004 for customer support

These are the ones they are advertizing in the UK    https://ebgames.com.au/pc-145318-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Edition-PC

But the pitures they use are the Windows UK logo in the bottom right corner.

Since I put my claim the Australian sellers have disapeard from Amazon site (just checked)

Regards

Rex

Ok...I don't get it.

The link you shared is FSX Gold by Microsoft. I have the same, exact case.

You can't buy the steam version of FSX on disks. Steam is store on the Internet that sells downloadable games through their client.

FSX-SE is owned by Dovetail Games based in the UK. It is only distributed through the Steam Client at www.steampowered.com

Any other copies are most likely pirated.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

You can buy NEW FSX:Gold from:
http://www.kalahari....tion_p_34589825 for about £50 £8.00 or about $12.00
Kalahari is one of the largest on-line stores here in South Africa!! They only sell genuine!!

I wonder if those vendors on Amazon and Ebay are buying them from Kalahari and flipping them for upwards $250.

Rex -

I don't think you're listening to any of the above. The bottom line is this...you've been ripped off. There is no such thing as "Steam Disks". Whatever you have is pirated from somewhere and essentially worthless. Don't look for a refund anytime soon.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

There are ample boxes of FSX Gold here in South Africa in most computer and gaming shops....going for 150 Rands....

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi all

Well this 72 year old is now realy confused.

If as you gents say steam as never sold FSX Gold on disks then the ones I have Bought that have a G logo GENERAL  and not the 3+ with www.pegi.info Logo have to be genuine especaly as netshadoe as the same simulater with the same case.as mine. So I can safely use these disks to instal FSX and then sell the new unopend one on .

Thank you all very much for you responce .

Rex