Sign in to follow this  
RexGrant

Beware purchasing FSX Gold Original Edition On Line

These are the ones they are advertizing in the UK    https://ebgames.com.au/pc-145318-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Edition-PC

This vendor is out of stock in any case, and they won't be getting any more of 'em.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you purchased them on disk, you were ripped & should have known better!

That's pretty harsh Robin and not what i believe is the ethos at this forum. Why should he have "known better"? I supose you've never had someone pull the wool over your eyes for anyrhing?

Rex -

I don't think you're listening to any of the above. The bottom line is this...you've been ripped off. There is no such thing as "Steam Disks". Whatever you have is pirated from somewhere and essentially worthless. Don't look for a refund anytime soon.

Doug

Hi Doug, I was listening It just was not sinking in?? But that is becomeing the norm with me these days :wacko:

at a cost of £80+

That right there is a red flag to me. Anyone who attempts to charge you that much for an older game seems very shady. Normally games that are almost 10 years old would be worth around $5 or so. Even some titles released in 2012 are around $10 today. 

Hi the G in the Triangle just means its suitable for Children  like ratings for movies.   Can still get FSX Gold here in Australia at many games stores like EB Games for around $20 - $30

Jason Richards

That's pretty harsh Robin and not what i believe is the ethos at this forum. Why should he have "known better"? I supose you've never had someone pull the wool over your eyes for anyrhing?

Sorry if I have offended by being too harsh! Yup, I have been duped many a time, which is why I do a bit of research & ask around before any committing.

After all the hoo ha of Steam's release & explanations, I thought evryone knew that FSX:Se was a Steam product only from Steam as a download, as P3D is.

Once again, I appologise for being presumtious (spelling!) & offending.

Hi Rex, Sorry for being harsh, At our age, we either forget too much, or think we actually remember stuff! :blink: :lol:

Hi Rex, Sorry for being harsh, At our age, we either forget too much, or think we actually remember stuff! :blink: :lol:

Hi Rex, Sorry for being so harsh. It's an age thing, Sometimes I forget & sometimes I remember too much.

:-)

Cheers, Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi Rex, that logo is just the age rating. It differs in the various countries and has nothing to do with what version of FSX you have. If you have an original Microsoft case with the (yellow) serial number=activation code stickers inside, you are "golden". As the others have pointed out, the new FSX "update" from Dovetail is licenced from Microsoft, but only sold as download on Steampowered.com, not on disks. That's why everyone calls it the Steam edition...

LORBY-SI

And to avoid the obvious question, even with the Microsoft boxed version, if you go to the Home tab you will see a page for FSX Steam edition.

This is normal and does not mean that you have the Steam edition.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thank you all for sorting this out for me, No offence taken Robbin. The older we get the only benifit is we get (thick skinned) I never get upset about someones opinion.all the best.

I now have 3 editions of FSX gold and will be reinstalling all my software on the Gold install .Probebly not notice the diference from FSX SP1 and SP2 But it as given me a chalange and also to admitt to a seller I was wrong .

Good night all

Regards

Rex

FSX Gold, containing "Acceleration" is the one you want.

Advanced above the Sp2 patch. Last new content from Microsoft.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Normally games that are almost 10 years old would be worth around $5 or so. Even some titles released in 2012 are around $10 today.

Not so with FSX Gold. The boxed addition has been selling on average in NA at the same price as when it was first released (at Future Shop & Best Buy for instance) right up until SE was announced.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Doug, I was listening It just was not sinking in?? But that is becomeing the norm with me these days :wacko:

I understand Rex. I, too, often have that problem. CRS* is such a terrible disease.

Doug

* Can't Remember Stuff

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

It's called Old Farts Syndrome, had it for years.

I think you and I are founding members Rick

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Is the "Old Fart's " Club open for enrolments?

It's great installing/modding something & it does not work & we try to remember what we actually did, or was trying to do! It's so much fun re-installing a sim all over again!!

(It's also great forgettiing all those trials & tribulations). lol

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...