Sign in to follow this  
Luky1108

Problem with Localizer

Cycle 1502, LOWW, LSZH, EFHK, Fly Tampa and Aerosoft.

Thanks. Any of those default, or am I off to go purchase an airport somewhere?

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks. Any of those default, or am I off to go purchase an airport somewhere?

I also had the problem on approach to Aerosoft Copenhagen. (Think it was RWY 12?)

Coincidence, I was just thinking about getting that one.... the bad news from there sparked my interest.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is that then the reason that I can't Presse the Buttons?

Neither APP nor LOC will activate if the signal is not received.... I always confirm that the localizer bug on the PFD is present before activating LOC or both it and glideslope bug for APP.  Many locations that have approach transitions way out there in the terminal airspace, such as KLAX, may be tricky because default ILS distance is 27 nm and some of these published approaches have you on the localizer 40 nm out... just have to be patient and understand what's happening.

Dan Downs KCRP

I See the localizer and glideslope Bug moving but when I press the buttons, they aren't Green..

Sounds more like a misunderstanding of the MCP than anything. Look at the FMA. ALWAYS look at the FMA. If the LOC button isn't lit, chances are, HDG SEL is still the active mode while LOC is white under HDG SEL on the FMA. It will activate (turn green) when the AP decides to follow the LOC cues over the selected heading.

Repeat after me:

FMA. I will always confirm modes on the FMA.

Kyle Rodgers

It doesn't work anyway. There's nothing shown on the FMA.

Then turn your flight directors on.

Kyle Rodgers

They're on..

I might be missing something here but how do you confirm modes on the FMA? What even is the FMA? Wouldn't that be on the primary flight display?

• Upvote 1

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I might be missing something here but how do you confirm modes on the FMA? What even is the FMA? Wouldn't that be on the primary flight display?

Flight mode annunciator. It's at the top of the PFD.

Other modes are shown on the FMA, but neither LOC nor APP..

Can you describe, in the greatest detail possible, what you're doing, what approach you're selecting, what modes you use to get here, and what is displayed on the FMA to the point where you cannot get LOC or APP to even arm?

I've never come across this before, so I'm still betting there's an error in your process somewhere.

Kyle Rodgers