Sign in to follow this  
Jsol

P3D 2.5 with ASN?

Hello fellow simmers. I just bought P3D again after refunding it a few months ago and i thought i would give it another shot. Now it runs smoothly locked in at 30. I just wanted to know if any of you guys here are having any error problems with active sky next saying "ASN cannot control ambient weather parameters correctly, thus it cannot function properly at this point and will shut down." Maybe is it because ASN is still in 2.4? Thanks

'

Hello fellow simmers. I just bought P3D again after refunding it a few months ago and i thought i would give it another shot. Now it runs smoothly locked in at 30. I just wanted to know if any of you guys here are having any error problems with active sky next saying "ASN cannot control ambient weather parameters correctly, thus it cannot function properly at this point and will shut down." Maybe is it because ASN is still in 2.4? Thanks

'

Correct. Updated version for 2.5 is currently being tested.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

When is it going go be released, i cant fly without it, i am very very bored

When is it going go be released, i cant fly without it, i am very very bored

When it's tested and ready.  P3D2.5 was released less than a week ago...the beta testers only got P3D2.5 last week like the rest of you.

If you're bored, you can re-acquaint yourself with those people you live with!!  :lol:

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

P3D2.5 was released less than a week ago...the beta testers only got P3D2.5 last week like the rest of you.

That's not correct. According to Kostas over in the ASN Forum it's delayed because

In this particular case however, the reason of the delay is that we want to include in ASN for P3D the major changes we made as a result of porting ASN to FSX-SE. These are significant changes (mostly performance related) that need proper testing before being released.

I personally don't see the point in that. It's nice to include additional features, but I think most people just want to be able to use it again in 2.5. Apparently it already has been tested, so why not release the compatibility as a quick hotfix and then take your time in adding features.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

I personally don't see the point in that. It's nice to include additional features, but I think most people just want to be able to use it again in 2.5. Apparently it already has been tested, so why not release the compatibility as a quick hotfix and then take your time in adding features.

+1

ASN is always the last weather engine to be updated. That is annoying. I'm seriously thinking about switching to FS Global Real Weather. Pilot's released an update within days of the release of P3D v2.5...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

+1

ASN is always the last weather engine to be updated. That is annoying. I'm seriously thinking about switching to FS Global Real Weather. Pilot's released an update within days of the release of P3D v2.5...

If FSGRW is as good as ASN I may just switch over too

any comments?

I've been torn by this irrational feeling as well. You know you already have the best but you want something working right now.

As I've flown with P3D over the months, it took so much willpower not to purchase the iFly 737 and the CaptainSim 777, both of which have P3Dv2.x capable versions. Why? Because I knew that PMDG was working on P3D-capable editions of their products and when they released I'd be cranky that I had "wasted" money on a stopgap solution. It took a lot longer than I had expected it to, but now I've got the 777 and we seem to be on the cusp of the 737 as well. Despite having to wait, I don't feel like I wasted any money.

ASN will come for P3Dv2.5. I hope it comes today, as I have some flights to make which will really benefit from real world weather, but if not, maybe next time. The wait is annoying, but probably much less irritating than spending real money on an alternative that works but isn't quite the same.

I'm also waiting (impatiently I might add) for Orbx updates to FTX Global and FTX Vector... flights without the duo of weather and scenery are rather plain indeed.

+1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I finally took the leap and installed 2.5. I installed the T7 and AXE. Everything works fantastic. Only problem is no weather so now it sits and I use FSX for now. Hopefully it get released soon.

Richie Walsh

I have been using active sky 2012 and it is working pretty good not as good as next but I can fly.

Regards TED Kiser

Ive been using my old OPUS install which uses FSUIPC, but it is only nice for a while.... then  ZAP  you are jerked all over the place

FYI, from Damian on the official Hifi Forum:

Update Feb 16:

We are in process of finalizing a new build and beginning internal testing. If this checks out OK we plan to release the open beta SP2 update on Wednesday or Thursday. This is planned for both FSX/FSX:SE and P3D(v2.5).

Thanks again for your patience. Our next update should include the SP2 Open Beta availability announcement.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

As I've flown with P3D over the months, it took so much willpower not to purchase the iFly 737 and the CaptainSim 777, both of which have P3Dv2.x capable versions. Why? Because I knew that PMDG was working on P3D-capable editions of their products and when they released I'd be cranky that I had "wasted" money on a stopgap solution. It took a lot longer than I had expected it to, but now I've got the 777 and we seem to be on the cusp of the 737 as well. Despite having to wait, I don't feel like I wasted any money.

Ceteris paribus, you have $160 more than I do right now. I did buy the iFly 737 and CS777. While the former isn't a bad aircraft, I have this inkling that the PMDG will be better. As for the CS777, I've already deleted every trace of it off my storage drive...

FYI, from Damian on the official Hifi Forum:

It's great that SP2 is coming out. I'm sure it will be great. But we are not dealing with diminished performance or functionality.

The program is broken. It doesn't work. There is no way to work around it.

Would have been nice to get a temporary fix. Maybe not possible, given how closely ASN works with P3D. OK

But I must say that Hifi's response to this has been very uncharacteristic. They run one of the best support operations going. On the other hand, I'm not Hifi having to listen to me whine about it.