Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Increasing AI waiting time

I used a HEX Editor to increase the waiting time of AI planes in FSX (so they didn't disappear after barely 5 minutes waiting for either me or other AI planes to land) by changing the middle value of the string "C0 72 40" to 8F in the aiplayer.dll file (string 11B0, or 11F0 in FSX Acceleration). This worked great, and increased the waiting time to (apparently) 17 minutes. However, when I looked for the same set of characters in the relevant string in the Prepar3d aiplayer.dll file, they were different.

So, I tried searching for the same set of "CO 72 40" hex characters in the Prepar3d aiplayer.dll file, and I found them in string 45720. However, changing "72" to "8F" in this string didn't work. I was disappointed, and left it for a while. However (rather stupidly) I didn't attempt to search for another "C0 72 40" set at the time. I have just done that, and I found them in string 4A4A0. So, I changed the "72" to "8F" in this set, and then tested it in P3D.

I am glad to say that this modification worked! Now, I don't know if you need to change both sets of "CO 72 40" characters. This is the situation on my PC as it stands, but I don't know if changing the first set in string 45720 has done anything else. I certainly haven't noticed any problems, but I am no expert!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That would be a feature I'd like to see in a config file, some advanced configurations to better tune the finicky AI.

Hi Christopher!

I have made the same modification in P3D v2.5 aiplayer.dll and it worked!!

However, string was not 4A4A0 or 45720. But actually there are two sets of "C0 72 40" in aiplayer.dll

Thanks a lot!

Marcelo.

Christopher, which AI package are you using?  

I use Flight1 Ultimate Traffic 2 for airliners, and the P3D BGL style AI traffic system for business jets and military planes. With respect to Marcelo's comment about the HEX strings not being the same, I am guessing that this is due to modifications for version 2.5. I am sticking with version 2.4 for the moment.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ah the lovely changes one can make with a hex editor :) I remember the good old days when I cheated at X-Wing by changing some values to swap my shields for those of a star destroyer :D

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

That's outrageous, Kevin! I completed the X-Wing games without cheating B)

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png