Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

How get rid of flaps warning sound?

The Citation sounds a low, repeating warning beep when Flaps are at 20 and the gear is up.

I have looked in every gauge and cannot locate the source of this sound.

Anyone have an idea?

Bert

LOL... take off with flaps 20 is "correct" behavior.. so that is not helping me much..

Bert

NFP: "Positive Rate"

FP : "Gear Up, Flaps 10".

Not sure about the Citation, but works real world in the Gulfstream. :)

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I suppose you can find the warning .wav file in the sound folder and modify it with Audacity to 0db. It not a perfect fix but you will not hear it. I usually do this on every Carenado release for the "TRAFFIC" warning etc....

Have not been able to locate it, but Kerry's checklist would indeed get rid of it.. B)

Bert

Have not been able to locate it, but Kerry's checklist would indeed get rid of it.. B)

Except for the times you want to fly at V2 + 10 with 20 degrees of flap like the standard procedure. Postitive Climb, Gear Up, Flaps up at a minimum of V2+10. No warning sound should be heard during a normal takeoff sequence. Someone will find it. I have asked Carenado to look into it.

btw.

SP2 is in work. If you have anything you would like evaluated/fixed/explained/changed etc. now would be a good time to contact Support@Carenado.com Make sure you ask that it gets fixed with SP2.

Be sure you tell them which sim you are using and the version or configuration. Tell them as much as you know about the problem, when it happens, or where it happens, when is does not happen, etc. Oh, and make sure you let them know it is for the S550 Citation II that you are requesting assistance.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Bert,

I don't have the plane but I think on the PC12 it calls the L:Buffer variables which also control the horns. I vaguely recall the buffer variables relating to DH or gear horn sounds. I'll have to check to confirm that is how the PC12 behaves but I would envisage the citation II might be similar?

This flaps warning should be inhibited by a weight-on-wheels switch. This may be emulated using the (A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) flag.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Fr. Bill,

We get this sound when we have more than 7 degrees of flaps extended and the Gear is UP. Seems like Airspeed or Altitude is not a factor but the airplane is airborne. I will fly and make sure of the configuration.

OK, I cycled the gear with the horn sounding with 20 deg flaps extended. The warning sound stops when the gear is locked down or when flaps are retracted to the next lower position - 7 degrees for the S/II.

Thanks.

Ray

Flaps 20 on takeoff is normal? I find that hard to believe...

As for the warning... there should be a horn silence button.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Just as Normal as can be. These things were designed for the short outlying airports and to fly low and slow. 20 degrees flap get it up and flying a little quicker, lowers VR by two or three knots. You do things like this to outperform a turboprop.

Regards,

Ray

S550 Takeoff.JPG

Yeah... but the shorter takeoff distance has different obstacle clearance capabilities than a normal takeoff and should only be used when needed.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well maybe I need to feed you a little more S550 info. Standard Performance Conditions call for either 7 deg or 20 deg Flaps. Almost everyone flying the S550 uses the 20 deg choice for better safety margins.

You may be thinking the S550 is the same as the Citation II that you may have worked on in a previous life. It is not. The CE550 flap positions are Zero or 15 deg for takeoff.

The S550 has larger flaps - 4 actually - and they are placed closer to the fuselage for just this purpose.

The no flap condition is not a recommended takeoff configuration for the S/II. As you have already been shown, the 20 degree configuration is the recommended one of the two.

Regards,

Ray

Perf gen.JPG