Sign in to follow this  
mhamilto

Prepar3d v 2.5 - No joy with Saitek Switch Panel or GoFlight 166's and MCP

I have recently updated my computer setup and have purchased Prepar3d v 2.5.  I have several Saitek modules (TPM, Trim Wheel, Flight Yoke System and Combat Rudder Pedals.  All is working well, after configuration.  What a great look on P3D with 3 monitors in surround.  I need some help with how to get my Saitek Switch Panel and 2 GoFlight GF-166A's and a GF-MCP wotking.  I installed the drivers properly i think, but am not sure.  On computer startup, the lights on the 166A's flash but nothing with the Switch Panel.  I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit.  I have a new registered version of FSUIPC and it shows in P3D..  I recall something about an Exe.xml file from FSX use.   Can anyone out there with experience in getting the Saitek switch panel and GoFlight modules working help me.  Thank you.

Mike Hamilton

Further to the above, I have now tested the Saitek switch panel with the Switch Panel Tester and it works in Windows, so it appears it and the GoFlight modules are being recognized by Windows.  Seems to be a problem with getting P3D to connect to the GF modules and the Saitek Switch Panel.  I do not have FSX installed on my computer.  I had everything working well with FSX on my original computer.  Anyone in the know, please advise.  Thank you once again.

Mike Hamilton

I donnot have 2.5 installed yet. But in 2.4 my Saitek stuff works well with the SPUD-driver (Google is your friend).

Donnot usw the default Saitek driver.

Happy Landungs

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I have recently updated my computer setup and have purchased Prepar3d v 2.5.  I have several Saitek modules (TPM, Trim Wheel, Flight Yoke System and Combat Rudder Pedals.  All is working well, after configuration.  What a great look on P3D with 3 monitors in surround.  I need some help with how to get my Saitek Switch Panel and 2 GoFlight GF-166A's and a GF-MCP wotking.  I installed the drivers properly i think, but am not sure.  On computer startup, the lights on the 166A's flash but nothing with the Switch Panel.  I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit.  I have a new registered version of FSUIPC and it shows in P3D..  I recall something about an Exe.xml file from FSX use.   Can anyone out there with experience in getting the Saitek switch panel and GoFlight modules working help me.  Thank you.

So you have run the GoFlight config program and the 166A and MCP are recognized and also P3D is detected?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi Bernd,

Sounds like the Goflight data bridge is not loading. Just run C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDevP3D.exe and your goflight stuff will work assuming you have configured it in GfConfig, GIT or FSUIPC etc.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

I had an issue with the switch panel working with 2.5 and just re-installed the Saitek driver and it's fine now.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I tried to run the GFDevP3D.exe manually before loading P3D and no luck here.  I will try another install of the Saitek driver as suggested.  Just a thought...would it make any difference on what drives the GOflight and Saitek folders are compared to the P3D folder?  I have 2 SSD's, one dedicated to P3D and the first to the OS, drivers, etc.?  I don't want to get into changing registry values, etc.  Or the fact my windows is 64 bit and the driver is 32 bit???  I think it is a exe.xml or simconnect problem?  Anyone with further suggestions?  Thanks.

Mike Hamilton

If the lights are not appearing when you select a module in GFConfig, you need to uninstall the Goflight drivers, turn off User Access Control (UAC) and then reinstall the Goflight drivers by extracting the file GFConfigSetup.exe from the zip file and then right clicking on it and selecting Run as administrator.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Also, if the data bridge is not auto loading, change the Compatibility to Run this program as administrator.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

Thank you.  I spoke to John at GoFlight who suggested a reinstall of the GF driver.  If I manually load the databridge after P3D, all works.  Now I have functionality of the GF radios and autopilot.  Still working on the Saitek switch panel.  It tests fine with their test program but I can't get anything when P3D is running.   Wonder if it is a 32 vs 64 bit thing, as all their other drivers are 64 bit.  I will try the SPUD fix next.

Mike Hamilton