Sign in to follow this  
louisluo

Problem with pmdg777 weather radar

my pmdg777's weather radar can not work properly . when i touch the test bottom only the sound arise but not any color on the NAV screen i try a lot of means but can not work    i want help thanks

Please sign posts with your full name.

Do you have Active Sky Next?

Until you sign posts with your full name, you will not receive any support.

Until you sign posts with your full name, you will not receive any support.

How to do this i don't know sorry!

you can either just write it at the end of each post or write it in your signature.

That's okay it's good to have members from all corners of the globe. It's just so PMDG support can find you in their customer database.

Try checking that there is in fact weather for the radar to display.  The screen will only show precipitation and turbulence, not clouds.  Check that the tilt is pointed towards the weather, the gain is not at a level which tunes out most weather, and that the knob behind the ND brightness rotary is turned up.  Make sure that the AS connect plugin has been installed in FSX, and that in FSX's weather settings, clouds are set to max density.  A good way to check if there is really weather to display, go to ASN's map page and turn on DBZ, then, the map will show up in colors based on the amount of precip in the area.  The link to the WX radar troubleshooting is the best place to go, this is just a summary of the most common problems.

Hope this helps,

1251452  - Matthew Tan

i think i have tell you that not me don't know the principle of the radar but just weather is good , the test function doesn't work  

Besides i have just read the WX radar troubleshooting but i think my setting is familiar with it. 

If the test function doesn't work, then there is a problem with the display of the system.  Have you turned on the WX radar from the EFIS panel and double checked that the brightness is set to max?

1251452 - Matthew Tan